f o u r t y - s i x

Jordan:

"Are you excited about prom tomorrow ?" my mother asked. I locked my iPhone, "prom?" I stared at her. My mother poured some lemonade in her glass. "Yes prom, you did pick out your dress, right?

"Dress?" time went by so fast I didn't even realize prom was tomorrow?

Yes, a dress, you better not be thinking about wearing a suit" she warned me. The thought did cross my mind, I frowned before saying, "I didn't know I was allowed to go." I said.

"Of course you can go to prom, every girl deserves to go to prom, I still remember my first prom" my mother sighed. "Didn't you catch your date kissing another women" Chris reminded her. My mother glared at him. "Yes but before that prom was magically so you have to go."

What's the point of going to prom if I can't spend it with Liv. "I never picked out my dress and I don't really want to go" I confessed.

"We can go shopping for a dress today, and get your nails done" my mother cheered. I just stared at her, I'm not Amber, I don't like that makeup stuff and I damn sure not painting my nails.

After fifth teen minutes of arguing with my mother I ended up going to the mall anyway. As soon as we entered the mall my mother found a few dressed for me to try on.

I was in my dressing room, in my underwear. I eyeballed the dress my mom picked out for me. I've tried on at least four dressed today and they were all ugly.

This was in possible there's no way in hell this dress is going to fit me. The dress was silky red, with straps. I frowned and pulled the dress over my body. "There's no way in hell this dress is going to get all my ass," I told myself.

I pulled on my dress and it stopped at my butt. I pulled while jumping up and down. It didn't move. "Mom" I yelled at the dressing room door. A minute later I heard a knock, I open the door. I need the next size" I explained.

"Okay I'll be right back she said. I removed the dress and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I'm not excited about prom, whom am I going to spend it with it's not like I have friends. Ally knocked up and dead to me, Liv isn't here.

Minutes went by before I finally heard a knock on the door. My mother handed me the dress. She picked up the old dress. "I'm going to put this back" she explained.

"That dress looks beautiful on you" my mother gleamed. I looked at myself in the mirror. "I don't like it, It's making me self-cautious," I told her. She ignored me and fixed the straps on my mermaid dress. I turned around and looked at my butt. "I don't like this mom my butt looks big" I explained.

She shook her head, "your butt looks big on anything you get it from your grandma" she explained. "Turn around."

I turned around in a slow circle. "Honey this is the dress," she said clapping slowly. "You look so beautiful. I frowned, I didn't feel beautiful the girl in the mirror was not me. "There's nothing else I can wear a suit.. slacks...

"Any looser" I begged my mom. She shook her head just smiling, "this is it you don't need any other dress. "Okay take that off so I can pay for it." I nodded and went back to the changing room.

After a long day of shopping and trying on heels my mother suggested we get our nails done. I begged my mother not to but instead, she ignored me.

"What color?" the nail lady asked me.

I shrugged, "the non girliest color you have" I mumbled. "She wants red nails and makes sure their coffin nails," she told the lady. My mother was next to me getting her nails done too. "Today had been such a fun day you're going to look so beautiful baby."