Sad Endings

Starting le book off with a depressing one-shot, yay.
This is after Infinity War and my own version of how they beat him. Written before the Endgame trailer came out. Enjoy, dudes

Thanos had disappeared, but he left the gauntlet behind, along with the stones.

“Thor, you’re the strongest out of all of us, you do the honors.” Dr. Strange said. Everyone nodded in agreement. “If you say so.” Thor walks on the grassy field to the gauntlet and lifts it.

“Do I just put it on and wish for them to return?” Thor asks. “Something like that but sure.” Stephen answers.

Everyone had just finished their biggest battle yet and it was a success. They made friends, formed a big family. Bringing their loved ones back would just extend the family, not that they minded.

Thor slips on the gauntlet and feels power surge through him. “Wow.” He moves his hand around to adjust to it. “This feels, wow.”

He snaps his fingers.

Nothing happens.

“You have to think about it, dream about, live in it.” Strange said. “Oh yeah, I knew that.” Thor coughs slightly embarrassed but focuses.

Snap.

Everything went quiet.

Everything was very quiet.

It was as if they were in a movie and the screen had gone white after something very doubted happened which left the audience shocked. No one in the audience said a word, just trying find a different solution to the movie’s problem that end in a happy ending. But they never found it.

Much like the team right now, after waiting a few more seconds denial filled them all. Maybe they’d forgotten to do something. Maybe he didn’t do it right. Maybe th-

“Steve?”

They turned around to see Bucky being rebuilt by dust.

“Bucky?” Steve said. All them in shock, just stood, but Steve cried. He missed his bo-best friend. He might’ve left his friend for 70 years but he promised he wouldn’t leave again.

Yet, here he is, apologizing to his man that he’d left, again.

“I’m so sorry for leaving, Bucky. I’ve missed you so much. I’m sorry about breaking that promise, the promise they I’d never leave. But I did and now I feel terrible but so happy to see you.” Steve hugged Bucky and sobbed.

“Hey, Steve, it’s okay now. I’m back and happy to be. If anything, I left and broke that promise.” Bucky rubbed his friend’s back as they hugged.

Some people re-appeared throughout the field. All with confused faces while looking around. People ran to them and checking them for anything.

“General?”

Okoye smiles with teary eyes and turns around. “Good to see you again, king.” She bows.

T’challa bows too then hugs her. “You know you like my hugs.” Okoye hugs him back.

Everyone looks around, waiting for their friends- no, waiting for their family to return.

“I am Groot” Rocket runs towards the voice and finds his son. “Don’t you ever leave me again, son, it’s been to many.” They hug each other and they softly cry.

“Sam!” Rhodey flies to his friend and sees him lying on the floor. “Sup, Rhodes.” Sam gives him a peace sign, still not getting up.

(I’m sooo tempted to write ‘shut up and kiss me’ rn)