Neon Gravestones

Warning: Depression and suicidal thoughts. If you or someone else is thinking about ending their life, please go talk to someone. A teacher, a neighbor, a friend, you can even talk to me if you need to. Just remember things do get better, trust me, I have some experience with suicide.

"What's my problem?Well, I want you to follow me down to the bottom,Underneath the insane asylum,Keep your wits about you while you got 'em,'Cause your wits are first to go while you're problem-solving.And my problem?We glorify those even more when they.."

Peter was no stranger to Depression. After loosing your entire family, it's pretty relevant. His parents died when he was 6, his uncle when he was 11, and his aunt last month. After Ben died Peter was sligthly surprised as to how strong May was. Sadly, that was only a mask for her real feelings and commited suicide on Ben's death anniversary. 

"My opinion, our culture can treat a loss,Like it's a win and right before we turn on them,We give them the highest of praise,And hang their banner from a ceiling,Communicating, further engraving," 

It tore Peter apart. He couldn't live life without a fellow Parker. He would feel empty for weeks after. The CPS forced him into an orphange where his chance of being in a family again was almost zero. His life would never be the same.

He would get hit by his roomates. Get nearly no food. Live in a poor condition building. Sometimes the electricity would go out. He. Hated. This.

He couldn't live like this. He wouldn't live like this. He would always get so close to leaving this god awful place- this cruel world. But no matter how many times he's tried dying, they always seem to bring him back.

"An earlier grave is an optional way. No."

They sent him to another orphange that was across town, to hopefully get him some friends. 

He only made one, his name was Mark. 

Mark would feel lonely too. He would cry in bed in the middle of the night, not get enough food,  he's practically drowning in his own thoughts. 

He would make Peter not feel lonely.

"Neon gravestones try to call for my bones."

One night, Mark was finally free from this world. Being 11 in an orphanage full of bullies really took a toll on him. 

Peter was lonely once again.

Peter was lonely for the last time.

"What's my problem? Don't get it twisted. It's with the people we praise who may have assisted, I could use the streams and extra conversations, I could give up, and boost up my reputation, I could go out with a bang, they would know my name, They would host and post a celebration."

The 16 year old walked into his room to find it completely messed up. He just had his final breakdown.

He was finally ready for his final attempt to leave this hell hole of a planet.

"My opinion will not be lenient, My opinion, it's real convenient,Our words are loud, but now I'm talking action,We don't get enough love? Well, they get a fraction.They say "How could he go if he's got everything?"I'll mourn for a kid, but won't cry for a king."

They saved him. They just had to save him.

Why can others like Peter die, but Peter himself can't.

"Promise me this,If I lose to myself, You won't mourn a day, And you'll move onto someone else."

"So, you'll come today?"

"I'm on my way right now."

Tony Stark hung up the phone and drove to the hospital Peter was in. They decided to inform some "friends of Peter" of his 6th attempt.

"But they won't get them. No they won't get them."

Peter was flatlining, he was dying, 

finally.

Peter couldn't be happier.

"Don't get me wrong The rise in awareness Is beating a stigma that no longer scares us."

Tony was panicking. He was pissed that he was just notified about Peter's situation. He should've known after the first attempt.

"But for sake of discussion in spirit of fairness
Could we give this some room for a new point of view?"

Tony couldn't blame the kid for choosing this path but could definitely knock some  sense into him.

If Peter gor out- when Peter got out, oh boy was Tony gonna give him a talk.

"And, could it be true that some could be tempted
To use this mistake as a form of aggression? A form of succession? A form of a weapon? Thinking "I'll teach them" Well, I'm refusing the lesson."

Would Peter go back to being Spider-Man?

Tony had no idea.

The city needs him, the people need him,

Tony needs him.

Peter opened his eyes to met those of his mentor. "Oh, shit, Mr. Stark, um- hi."

"Don't Mr. Stark me. What were you thinking? You could've died, Peter. If you died, the city would've mourned a hero. You need to stay alive, stay alive if not for the city, then for me 'cause damit Peter, I care about you. And you scared the ever-loving shit out of me."

"I didn't think anyone cared. I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize, kid. It wasn't your fault- well it kinda was- just never do it again. Besides, you're gonna live with me now."

"It won't resonate in our minds, I'm not disrespecting what was left behind, Just pleading that "it" does not get glorified, Maybe we swap out what it is that we hold so high"

Peter was happier than ever before, he was finally gonna be adopted!

He was finally gonna have a family again.

"Find your grandparents or someone of age, Pay some respects for the path that they paved, To life, they were dedicated. Now, that should be celebrated"

Peter walked out of the elevator and dropped his bags onto the floor.

He was finally home.

-999 words-

Im literally at DisneyLand rn and im in line for Star Tours, its a amazing go if you ever get the chance.
I went on Mission:Breakout and, oh boi, my entire down was being forced up and down about 4 stories. It's literallly like you're sitting down in an elevator, strapped down while the elevator goes to the top floor and just shoots you straight down.

I have the two park pass, which is when I can go to both parks in the same day. They go rid of Bug's Land (A Bug's Life) and the wall they put up said "Stark Industries", which means they're goona put an Avengers Land in California Adventure, which is right next to Mission: Breakout. I'll edit in a pic if I go back.

Welp, that was me ranting or whatever but im gonna go on the ride rn.

bai