Nightmares.... in school

An: Infinity War spoilers. Avengers and marvel do not belong to me

Third person POV

It was third period Social Studies on a Tuesday morning, and Peter Parker was currently asleep at his desk. He has only gotten 30 minutes of sleep last night, and one hour the night before, on top of Spider-Man-duties and homework, Peter has been exhausted.

Currently, his best friend, Ned Leeds, was trying to wake him up. He was failing miserably.

"Ned? What are you doing to Peter?" Their teacher, Miss Lyons, asked.

"Um......." Ned trails off. He's a terrible when it comes to lying.

"Is Puny asleep?" Flash taunts. Miss Lyons sighs.

"Ned, wake Peter up please. We will need to talk about sleeping in class." Miss Lyons suggests. Ned nods, tapping Peter on the back. Peter swats him away, mumbling and shifting.

"No, Vulture, stop it. Stop! No, please, no not the building again, no no no." Peter mumbles in his sleep, face scrunching up.

"Why is Puny dreaming about the Vulture?" Flash asks.

"Peter, please wake up!" Ned says with more urgency.

"No, stop, please, I don't want to be crushed under a building again, please no! No, I-i-i can't lift it this time! Mr. Stark, please! No, no, don't turn to ash! No, please!" Peter shifts in his sleep, his voice threatening to raise into a wail.

"Peter!" Ned shakes Peter harder, but to no avail.

"No no no, please not again! Oh, please! I don't want to fight Thanos again, please! Oh no, stop, ow! Why would you shoot me?! Oh, god, you stabbed me- I-I no, I don't want to go please, Mr. Stark, I don't want to go!" Peter starts to wail.

"Ned, wake him, now!" Miss Lyons orders. Ned slowly raises his hand up to Peter's ear before snapping loudly.

Peter's eyes fly open and he jumps out of his chair, flying and startling back. He slammed into the lab table behind it, cracking it slightly. His eyes are wide, glazed with sleep, and fearful.

"Hey, Peter, you with us now?" Ned asks, sighing. Peter breathes out a sigh of relief, his eyes looking less fearful and more nervous.

"Um, Ned, why are we in school?" Peter asks hesitantly. Ned facepalms.

"Oh my gods, Peter, it's third period! We've been here at least three hours! You don't remember anything?!" Ned yells. The two ignore the gapping stares of classmates and teachers.

"Well last night I got thirty minutes of sleep, and the night before I got an hour, so... no? Not really?" Peter explains.

"Peter! Mr. Stark said he would take the suit away unless you were getting at least three hours of sleep a night!" Ned exclaims, smacking Peter on the top of his head.

"Ned! It wasn't my fault! Crime doesn't stop for me to sleep! And I can't anyways with nightmares, so why bother?" Peter asks. Ned shakes his head.

"Peter, Ned, care to explain?" Miss. Lyons asks, her arms crossed and foot tapping.

"Um... I fell asleep? Sorry, it won't happen again." Peter looks at his feet, blushing.

"Puny? What were you dreaming about? And why did you freak when Ned snapped?" Flash asks. Peter looks up and then glances back down.

"And how did you break a table?"

Pete looks down at the table as if just now realizing it was there. He scratches the back of his neck, a nervous habit.

"Um.... Ned, help me out here." Peter whispers to his friend. Ned shrugs.

"You're on your own." Ned whispers back. Peter frowns, scratching the back of his neck again.

"I-um, uh...." he trails off, shrugging.

"Classified?" He decides. The class glares at him, unamused.

"Mr. Stark is going to hate me for this... I'm Spiderman." Peter hangs his head. The class stares at the boy, shocked.

"No way! Puny can't be Spiderman!" Flash yells.

Peter sighs, and flips up onto the ceiling, standing upside down on the ceiling. He drops back down after a few seconds, landing neatly in his chair.

"Peter? What was your nightmare about?" Miss Lyons asks softly. Peter hangs his head.

"You all remember the Vulture, right? Well I had to leave Homecoming early because he was out- that's why I had to leave Liz. He collapsed a warehouse on me- it wasn't fun. I'm claustrophobic from it. I had to lift a five story warehouse off my shoulders, while injured from the battle." Peter answers quietly. The class tenses. How could their resident nerd survive all of this?

"And you all remember the big Infinity War?" The class nods.

"We didn't win. We actually lost, and then won, but no one remembers the time in between. As far as everyone else knows, we won. But we didn't- Thanos turned half of the universe to dust, myself included. It was like everyone's memories of it were erased or something, except for mine. But because no one remembers turning to dust, seeing your legs fly away but still feel them- no one can help me with it." Peter whispers as his eyes take on a haunted look.

"Oh, Peter." Ned pats his friend on the back. The class stares down at their shoes, ashamed for picking and beating on the one kid who has saved their lives countless of times.

How could they make it up to the broken brunette?