Balanced (part 3)

Photo is not mine, just something my mom found and sent me. This is a short one, and it isn't the best but oh well..... per usual, Avengers don't belong to me and have fun my lovely popcorns! (I'm calling you all different foods from now on 🙃)
/////////////

I wake up the next morning, heading room for breakfast. I notice that even though I'm not wearing the Iron Man armor, pieces of it are on my body. I try prying them off, but they don't budge.

I sit at the table, waiting for the rest to come in. Thanos comes in, trailed by Horns and Squidward. The team assembled as one.

I notice right away how different they look. Clint looks like a normal person- a father, even. Wanda looks like a teenage girl, Natasha looks like a dancer and Bruce looks like a normal guy. Steve and Thor don't look that different, neither do the Guardians.

"Tony, why are you in your armor?" Clint asks. I shrug.

"It's not. My suit is laying on my bed. This won't come off, no matter how hard I try." I reply.

"That would be what your heart is. Stark is both Iron Man and Tony Stark, So he looks like both. The change has already happened. You are what your heart is." Horns replies, bored. I nod. We sit, eating waffles. Peter's favorite.

"Where's Peter?" Quill asks through a mouthful of waffles.

"He had five nightmares late last night, the most he has had in a few years. He should be here in five seconds." Thanos says, digging into his pancakes.

I silently count down, and at zero, the doors fly open.

A figure with black hair, dark brown eyes and silver robes storms in. Fire glows in his eyes.

He glares at his plate, picking at his waffles.

"How did you sleep, Spider?" Thanos asks. Peter shrugs.

"Nightmares. Five times. Haven't been this bad since the first two years." Peter mutters.

"Oh. Same ones as normal?" Squidward asks. Peter glances up at me and the rest of the Avengers before looking at his plate again.

"Mostly."

Thanos raises an eyebrow before dropping it. The room is silent, except for the clinking if plates and forks.

"So, Spider, Mr. Stark and I were thinking of how we were going to work out your time between earth and here. Would coming here for breaks be okay? So that you can still go to school, hang out with your family and all that fun stuff." Thanos suggests. Peter's eyes lighten slightly.

"Sure! How is everyone, back on Earth? Ned, MJ, May? How are all of them doing?" He asks. His hair continues to lighten as we share stories of life on earth, and before we know it, a 13-year-old Peter is sitting in front of us.

It's unnerving.

"Wow. MJ went to Harvard? And works as Pepper's boss-in-waiting? That's awesome. And Ned graduated with a degree in technological affairs? And works at SI for you? That's really cool! I can't wait!" Peter cheers. Then frowns. His hair, which had been fluoffy and puffed up droops, turning blue.

"How old are they?"

"Well..... they're 27 and 28. Ned met this wonderful lady, Mirabeth, they're engaged. MJ's been too busy taking over the world, but she's openly bi, and looking for someone." Steve shifts in his chair as Peter's hair drops further, turning more blue. I'm assuming he's sad.

I'm still trying to work out how this place works; is it connected to your feelings or your thoughts? Your heart or your mind?

For Peter, I think it's his emotions. It would make sense.

Horns places a hand comfortingly on his shoulder, smiling at him. Peter grins sadly at her, though his hair starts to return to normal.

"Would it be possible for us to leave today? I can't wait to see everyone again! I hope I can make it to Ned's wedding! What year, day, or month is it back on earth? Who's the president? Any more alien invasions?" Peter starts to ramble, the Avengers answering his questions, Horns and Squidward watching with affection in their eyes.

Thanos approaches me, taking me into a side room.

"He could leave today, you all could. Just know- he will he different. He should be 27. But now, his age and appearance are both affected by his mood, emotions, feelings and his heart. He's normally 13-15, innocent, rebellious, wanting to prove himself. And he will continue to change based on his moods while in Earth." Thanos explains.

"Understood. I hate you, but I can work with you for Peter's sake. I'll pack the team- you pack Peter." I turn and whisper to the Avenger-Guardians to pack and get ready.

A few minutes later, everyone who is leaving is ready. Peter hugs Horns, Squidward, and Thanos tightly, bidding them a tearful "see you soon!" We climb into various space ships, ready to go back to Earth.

It's time to take Peter home.

//////
So that was kinda bad, I'm sorry, it's been an emotional day......

We had to put my dog down this morning. We had her for about five years, and she was a rescue. I was the first person (in my family) that she saw..... I was also her last. So sorry this chapter was terrible, but I have a part four(??????????) under editing so.......

Good night/morning!