Rain

An: this is terrible, but I'm procrastinating, I have a huge project due tomorrow but I felt the need to give some attention to my story... so sorry for not updating! Life has been pretty crazy (it always is though, so.. 😐) and yeah.
Also...
so for Halloween (to school) I am wearing a Ravenclaw uniform, I'm a Ravenclaw, and then for night trick or treating, I'm going as Shuri, and my brother is going as Black Panther. I'm so excited! Anyways, enjoy the story and have fun!!!
/////

People are not rain. Or snow. Or leaves.
People don't look pretty when they fall.

That was what the whole world learned a brisk fall day. Two bodies lay limp in the middle of the street, a large crater. Broken metal wings and torn webs surround the broken bodies of Vulture and Spiderman.

The two had been locked in battle only seconds earlier, soaring and webbing high above the ground.

Until a web got caught in the gears of the wings, causing the wings to malfunction, bringing the two down to a brutal end.

The whole world was silent as the limp red-and-blue hero they had come to love stirred.

Spiderman raised his head, pulling himself to his feet, arms and legs shaking as various rips in the suit revealed pale skin.

The mask was ripped as well.

A single, large chocolate-brown eye that was much too young surveyed the dead body of the Vulture. Spiderman kneeled down to put his ear in the man's chest. A rip near the mouth of the mask revealed the frowning lips of a young child.

As people from all corners of the world wondered just how old their hero was, Iron Man and the Avengers landed. Spider-Man's revealed eye welled with tears as he sprinted into Iron Man's arms.

"You're okay kid. It's okay." Tony Stark soothes.

"I saw him again. He said that he wasn't going to let me stay again." Spider-Man's voice was young, tired and sad.

Again, how old was this kid?

"Hey, Underoos. You know your mask is ripped, right?" Tony tells the boy. Spider-Man's eye goes wide, hand reaching up.

He shrugs before pulling the mask off, brown curls flopping all over the place.

"Mr. Stark? Can I not go to school tomorrow?" The young brunette asks.

"Sure thing Peter. You just died and came back to life! You never have to go back to school." Tony laughs.

The newly revealed Peter grins before frowning.

"Adrian didn't make it. I need to go tell Liz I'm sorry." Peter looks over at the growing-cold body of Adrian Toomes before web slinging away.

The world stares in wonder as their young hero, Peter slings away. Who knew someone so young would go through so much and still be so kind?

People are not rain. Or snow. Or leaves. People don't look pretty when they fall.
They look beautiful when they rise.

That was what the whole world, universe even, learned that day, as Peter disappeared, a red-and-blue speck fading into the smoky New York skyline.

People are not rain.