Balance (part one)

An: So this is a post-Infinity War one, so spoilers! This also starts off pretty slow, but I have a part two coming soon! Marvel/avengers don't belong to me

Peter POV

I woke up in a strange orange world. Endless orange, and about 6 inches of water was all I could see. It was weird. I guess this was death.

I stood, wandering around to nowhere, until I stumbled upon a group of people. Half the Avengers, and some of the Guardians.

I walked around with them for a while, until the constant arguing and yelling got to me.

"Everyone! Shut up! If all of you keep arguing like this, we aren't ever going to get out of here!" I yell.

"Stop, we don't need advice from a 16 year old kid!" Bucky yells back. I stiffen.

"17. I turned 17 yesterday. And you all would have known, if you had just stopped arguing with one another! We could have been out of here if you would just get along!" I yell the last sentence.

"I'm going for a walk. I don't care if you guys come for me, but I am not going to deal with your petty, childish arguments anymore." I turn and start running off into the distance. Within a few minutes, the group is gone.

I sink to my knees in the lukewarm water, thinking. I'm 17. I could be getting ready for college, studying for tests, asking Michelle out, working with Tony....

God, I could be with Tony. I could be working in the lab, bickering with him. I could be having another movie night with him.

I could be home.

But instead, I'm stuck in an endless death, on an alien planet, never to get out or see my family again.

I hear splashing in the water and look up. A giant, purple figure moves in the distance. I call my fists and run to it.

Thanos.

My fists collide with Thanos, knocking him off his feet. He stands, and I grit my teeth.

"Calm yourself, young Spider. I was just looking for you." Thanos says easily.

"Why? So you can make me turn to ash again? Let me feel my body disappear, see my legs fall apart but still feel them?" I snarl. Thanos shakes his head.

"To give you a second chance."

That stops me. I let my hands uncurl, looking at him oddly.

"What?"

"I ran into my daughter... she died. She told me, that if I found someone who had been through everything, who didn't deserve this one big, who deserved the worlds, and give them a second chance, the world would finally be truly balanced. I remembered you in our fight on Titan, young Spider. You fought bravely, came up with good battle strategies based on your knowledge. You also kept me quite entertained. 'Magic, magic with a kick, magic with a punch,' was it?" Thanos says softly.

"Yes. That's what I said. And thank you for complementing me on my strategies, but I don't deserve the worlds. I got my uncle killed- I could have saved him. But I didn't. I don't deserve the world." I mumble. Thanos chuckles.

"She also said the one who deserved the worlds would blame themselves for great loss. I pick you, young Spider. Would you like your second chance?" Thanos asks, holding out a hand.

I hesitate, before accepting it. I think I hear faint yelling in the distance, but ignore it. We vanish in a purple-orange light.

We arrive in a giant stone room, with a giant black throne, and a smaller golden one next to it. Thanos walks up to the black throne, settling himself on it. I walk up in front of him. He motions to the golems throne.

"Sit, young Spider. You are a prince now. The blessing of Balance, of Life, of Death bends to you." Thanos explains. I nod slowly.

"You have free reign of the castle, there are several forms of entertainment I think you will see fit. Your room is the door to your left. I must see to bringing my children and generals back." Thanos stands, walking out of the massive throne room. I take a deep breath, only just now noticing the golden robes I wear.

I walk over to the door on the left and open it. My mouth drops open. This will be fun.