A FINE NOBODY.

I entered the office the following day feeling like my usual self. Dave walked in just as I booted my computer and he explained how the previous day went. 

"We have a new client," I said after listening to his explanation.

"Who's it?" He took a seat quickly eager to meet a new face.

"A ballet dancer. He recently became popular after his performance at the Intercontinental hotel went viral and his agency got through to me on his behalf. He has a red carpet event coming up next week and we're going to style him."

"Hmm," Dave replied, non-committal but I knew better than to believe that tone. "What does he look like?" he asked.

"I've not met with him and I don't know exactly how he looks so you'll be going with one of the interns to see for yourself. I need you to do the usual and when you get back, I need to know the things he's comfortable in. You know the drill."

"I'll leave now then," he said standing.

"I just forwarded you his name and address. I believe he's expecting you," I paused and looked at him. "Dave, no flirting."

He held his heart dramatically like I'd just thrust an arrow through it. "I'll have you know I have a boyfriend and I'm very loyal."

"Good. Let's keep it that way."

Despite his explanation, Dave got carried away occasionally when we work on really handsome male clients. I've yet to met this guy but something told me he was just his type.

"I've never disappointed you and I won't start now."

"I'm proud of you, now leave. I have a video shoot wardrobe to put together."

I requested the presence of my IT manager after Dave left with a lively spark in his eyes. When Kat entered my office, I showed him the chair.

"How is the family?" I asked warmly when he sat.

Kat was a family man with two kids and a wife and when he wasn't working, he was talking about them.

"All doing well," he answered.

"I got your mail about wanting a meeting yesterday, what do you want to talk about?"

"The website. Personally, I think it's time we changed it."

"Go on," I prompted when he waited for my cue to continue.

 "Since there are newer trends and colours, I'd like the website to match the evolving trends. Is it okay if I work on new designs, like playing a bit with the font and font size as well as the placement of the section and category?"

"Is it necessary?" I asked lightly. It wasn't my forte so I took little to no notice of what goes on in the tech world.

"I believe it is," he replied gravely like we were doomed if changes weren't made. He bent his head and I could see his hairline which had started receding. I heard him once make a joke about it to Dave.

I nodded trying my best to mimic the seriousness he was giving off. "If you believe it's absolutely necessary then I have to follow your professional advice. How about we have a meeting on Monday morning with all the staff present, then we can get everyone's opinion and decide on a new look."

"That works well. I have few samples we can choose from."

I smiled. "Perfect. Kat, can you help me check this phone?" I asked quickly when he stood to leave.

"For sure, what's the matter with it?"

I placed the phone in his outstretched hand. "I'm expecting a call but it hasn't rang yet. I think something is wrong with it, could be I pressed something I wasn't supposed to." I wasn't a whiz with technology, in fact I distrusted it and it felt like my phone was currently trying to play a trick on me.