TEAM CHIKE.

Being busy made me avoid myself and my thoughts. The after effect of the articles was unbelievable. I'd expected a fair amount of people to check my clothing website, but I got so many people clicking and buying my clothes that I was convinced the site could crash anytime. Kat had done a wonderful job and nothing like that happened.

It was a miracle. My seamstresses were a hundred times busier because several categories got sold out in within hours. I was always in the office, urging on my workers and checking the final looks of all the outfits. Dave thought the rise in sales was as a result of Agnes shouting us out on Instagram since she had a million followers on her page. I believed that was one of the reasons but it was mostly because I was linked romantically with Yah.

I never apologized to Dave for cussing him but we were back to being normal around each other. There was no longer strain between us unlike the first few days that followed after my confrontation with Chike. I didn't bother calling Chike. I wasn't trying to get over him either because I was too busy to think about him. My body was constantly tired after leaving the office chaos behind. Whenever I got home later, I took a quick shower before burying myself under my duvet. I worked like I'd never worked before in my life.

One late night after work, I'd gone out with Yah again. We hardly talked, we just ate and smiled for anyone who was watching. We only spoke when he complimented the restaurant we were at. The pictures ended on the covers of gossip columns and blogs but I wasn't in the least annoyed, my business was booming and that was all I cared about at the moment.

I was in my office trying to connect with my fabric supplier, we were running out of clothing materials and I needed to get the materials listed on the inventory. I dropped the phone in its cradle after getting someone on the other end to take my orders. Dave walked into the office and placed a file in front of me. I looked at him with my brows raised.

"Chike just released a new single from his forth coming album. It's trending on Twitter and YouTube, I thought you should know what the lyrics says," he said.

"Thanks."

I took the file carefully and placed it on one side of my table. This was one of the issues with having any sort of relationship with musicians, any slight disagreement became an inspiration for their singing career. I sighed and took a sip of my green tea.

Dave was waiting for me to read it but I didn't want him to see my reaction when I eventually found out what was in there. I told him to get back to work and I did the same. When my mind couldn't take the curiosity any longer, I opened the file. The song title was, Risk it All Again (For You). I picked the single sheet that the lyrics was printed on and leaned into my seat to read it.

(Verse 1)

I gave you my heart now I have nothing else,
Making you my number one was a mistake considering how cold, cold you are,
I stay awake at night blaming myself for ever loving you,
But how could I not when the mere sight of you drives me crazy,
I thought love was a myth until I felt your lips against mine,
I should hate you for making me feel this way but I'd still risk it all for you again, just for you.

(Verse 2)

I brought my heart to you and you gave me pain,
Pain like nothing I've ever felt but I lived for that pain,
I got addicted to the hurt you brought to me but that wasn't enough for you,
Oh, it wasn't enough!
Because everything has to be more complicated with you,
Now I'm going to ask you what I couldn't do right,
Why exactly couldn't you love me?
Now I hate you but I'd still risk it all again for you.

Dave didn't add the chorus but I knew it would be similar to the verses. I read it again and picked a tissue to wipe my eyes. I didn't want to be reminded about him, if Dave had kept the song to himself I wouldn't have been mad. I cried into the tissue as I read the song again. My heart was aching again, and it felt so heavy.