I COULD BE YOUR AUNT.

On Friday evening, I strolled out of the office to my car still dressed in my formal clothing. I pulled off the hair tie that was holding my hair in a bun causing the curls to fall over my eyes,  using a wide tooth comb to fluff the roots so it appeared fuller. I wiped the nude lipstick off my lips and applied a very bright red one. The rearview mirror told me I was ready for a night out and I agreed by spraying perfume for added advantage.

I drove to the ice cream shop Chike said he was going to be at. Why ice cream parlour of all places, I couldn't tell but I already figured he was peculiar. When I entered, I looked for his familiar face amongst the customers but I stopped short when I saw him with an apron behind the counter scooping ice cream into cones. Seriously? I joined the queue for lack of how else to get his attention without somehow embarrassing myself. Once I got directly in front of him, I smiled awkwardly and asked for an ice cream.

This was ridiculous, I concluded as Chike took off his apron and whispered something to the cashier before leaving behind the counter to join me. I left the queue after his colleague handed me a cone. We stayed in surprisingly comfortable silence as we walked out of the shop towards my car. 

When I dropped the ice cream that was starting to drip all over my fingers, Chike broke the silence. "Why did you do that?" 

I looked into his gorgeous eyes with a smile. "Do what?"

"Waste the ice cream."

"I don't take it, trying to eliminate sweets from my diet."

"Why did you ask for one then?"

Duh. "I needed to catch your attention, you were behind the counter."

"I could have given it to someone that really wanted it."

"I'll pay for it then," I said without thinking, wanting to end a conversation that was going on for far too long.

"You really think money solves everything?"

Was he really asking me that? "Can we leave?" I asked before he ruined my evening.

"Yes, please. I like your skirt by the way," Chike said as we got into the car. "Did you really wear this to work?"

"I'm just coming from work, didn't have time to change."

He placed his large hand on the bare thigh and squeezed. "I like how it bares your thighs."

I tried concentrating as I started the engine but failed miserably as his hand continuously rubbed on my thigh. "You'll have to keep your hands to yourself if you want to stay alive."

He chuckled at that and took his hand off my thigh. "Are you wearing a bra underneath that thing?"

"Why would you care?"

I was wearing a thin camisole paired with skirt that had long slit in the front. The slit was almost to my crouch and when I walked, one of my thighs got literally exposed to the public.

"Maybe because my colleague's eyes stayed on your chest while I was talking to him."

"You're imagining things." I laughed off his silly talks.

"I wish I were. How do I get my hair to look like yours?"

I looked at him and shook my head. "It's not long enough to get this look but you'll get there."

"I'm hurt." He sulked. "We're going to Bheerhugs, can you find your way there or do you want me to drive?"

"I think I can manage."

The car became silent and I thought about turning on the radio but I really didn't care about music so it stayed off. I drove into the carpark of the bar and Chike took my hand as we walked side by side. We took the escalator and got a table on the balcony. I ordered Baileys with ice and Chike got Bacardi mixed with coke and lime. We couldn't stop staring at each other as we took sips from our glasses. He really was very handsome, I was suddenly glad to be here.