I HATE YOU.

When I heard a steady knocking at the door, I got out of bed and wore the dressing robe to cover my nakedness. Dave stepped past me as I opened the door, I walked behind him and shook my hair with my fingers.

"Morning," he said.

I rubbed my eyes and covered my mouth as I yawned.

"You left the party so early, I wanted to introdu..." Dave trailed as he noticed Chike's sleeping form on the bed. "Oh."

"Can you leave? I'll call you later," I said going back to the door.

"Absolutely. I didn't mean to intrude." Dave got my discarded dress before walking towards the door. "I'll see you on Monday."

I smiled when he perked me. "Alright."

I shut the door and went back to bed. I checked the time as I got in and realized it was past five. Was Dave just leaving the party?

Chike tangled his legs with mine as I settled closer to him. "Who was that?" he asked, not opening his eyes.

"It was Dave. Go back to sleep, he's gone."

I ran my fingers through his thick hair as I felt him relax. I fell asleep while at it, and when I awoke, I heard Chike talking to someone on the phone. He paced across the room and sighed as he listened.

"Mom, please. I'm not a bastard. Okay, I'll come," Chike kept repeating those words in no particular order as he talked. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" he said when he got off the phone.

"What is it?" I asked as I watched him hit his fist hard on his palm.

Chike got back into bed and kissed me. "Go back to sleep, it's nothing," he said.

"It's noon, I've slept enough. What's the problem?"

He left the bed and went to the window. "I need your help." He looked at me and looked through the open window.

I sat up straighter in bed. "I'll do it if it's bothering you so much."

"You don't even know what it is and you're already committing yourself to it."

"Do you want me to say no?"

"Actually, I need you to say yes." Chike came back to the bed and took my hands. "I need you to go with me to see my parents."

"No."

"But you said yes few minutes ago."

"That's because I thought it was something different. Why do I come in this at all? Can't you go see your parents alone?" I asked with my hands flailing in the air as I spoke.

"I assume you still want this dick, which means my mental health concerns you, and my parents are a threat to my very existence. I need your help to deal with them, I just need you to say you're my boss and we won't be able to stay for the night when they offer."

"That was very well done. My answer is still no."

"Please, this is the only time I'm asking for your help. After this, you can get me the ugliest chinos pants or those crappy tops. I swear, I won't mind."

"It can't be that bad, no parent is a threat to their child's existence."

"Just do it for me, please."

"Okay. I hate this, but I'll do it." I hated people asking for my help, I always felt obligated to do something no matter how unfavorable it was.

"Thanks." He kissed me lightly on the mouth.

"No mushy stuff in front of your parents, I'm your boss." I looked at him for affirmation.

"That's no problem, we need to stick to the lie."