WELP!

"I hope you don't mind working late?" Bym was asking Chike.

"That comes with the job," he replied.

"And your girlfriend wouldn't mind?" Bym asked. She was acting so classless and I was running out of patience with the whole display.

"I don't have a girlfriend and I'm not seeing anyone right now. Who would want to date a mechanic?" Chike looked at me as he spoke.

I took a sharp intake of breath at his words, he must have heard me introduce him as a mechanic. I bit my lips.

"Oh, lots of people." Bym giggled.

"We have to leave," I said to her when the cab arrived.

"Alright, I'll call you." Bym hugged Chike before getting inside the waiting cab. She was too busty to be hugging anyone that wasn't her husband.

"Wait," I said to Chike when he walked towards the truck.

"I'll let you know when your car is ready," Chike said and closed the door as he got in.

He didn't even spare me a glance. I stepped back as I heard the engine of the truck start. The cab driver honked behind me and I joined Bym in the cab.

"Why are you moody? I'm not going to poach your mechanic if it makes you uncomfortable," Bym said after she saw she wasn't getting any reply from me as she gushed about Chike's physique.

"What made me uncomfortable was the way you acted around him."

"It was just for fun, you really don't think I want anything to do with him."

"You tell me." I turned from the window to look at her.

"I was only admiring him, there's no crime in that."

"You have a husband." Was she that clueless?

"So?"

"So that's cheating."

"You're too rigid."

"I don't think I'm in the mood to go out." I took my bag from the seat and held it on my lap.

"You're going to bail on me?" She looked at me with surprise in her eyes.

"I have to."

"Are you fucking serious? Because I flirted with your mechanic?"

"Because I'm tired." I really was tired. I should have just gone home after leaving the office.

"You're fucking annoying as usual."

As usual, meaning the time I got annoyed with her when the guy I liked in Uni. asked for her number, and she gave him without discouraging his advances. Of course, everyone had sided with her so I'd let it go, also I was a firm believer that women should stick together so we swept everything under the rug.

I told the driver to stop and I got out of the car when he did. Bym's mouth was agape as she watched me walk away.

"I'll talk to you later," I turned to say to her.

"Are you fucking serious right now?"

"Yes." I requested for another Uber and continued walking.

"C'mon, Jade," Bym called out.

I kept walking and when I turned back after few minutes, the cab she was in was gone. I got home and ignored the calls I was getting from all my friends, they were blowing up my phone as expected. Bym probably told them her side of the story, I waited until they stopped calling and rang Chike. His phone went off after the fifth ring and I buried my head in the pillow.