PITY PARTY.

I had a date with Yah, but I was tired. I'd been putting off seeing him, and the two-months fake relationship was going to elapse soon. Ben had called me to fix a date three days ago but I'd come up with some excuse. I had no excuse to give anymore so I took my blazer from my hidden closet in the office and drove to the restaurant we had reservation at for dinner. When I entered the restaurant, I got pointed to the private booth Yah was and he stood to hug me as soon as he noticed me.

"Hey, it's been a while," Yah said.

"Yes, I've been busy," I replied and sat as he did.

"Cool." He took his phone out and smiled as he typed.

I got the waiter's attention and ordered jerk chicken and black rice with nonalcoholic wine.

"My baby," Yah said and moved his phone to my face. "Say hi to everyone."

"Hi," I quickly said and went to my meal.

"She's a bit of a foodie just like me," he continued and I almost rolled my eyes.

Yah ended the video he was making and dug into his meal.

"Hmm, you pick the best dishes," he said and I smiled. "What's going on with you?"

I stopped eating and answered him, "Nothing much. Keeping busy for sure, you?"

He asked me that same question every time we saw even though he knew my answer was going to be vague.

"I'm done with my album. Although, I keep changing and correcting things. Every time I told myself that it'd be the last time, I go back and change it some more."

"That's because you want it to be perfect." It was a feeling I could relate to as I'd busted my ass getting ready for the fashion show some months ago.

"I know, but I'm under a lot of pressure. This is my second chance and if things go in the wrong direction, I'm done. That is, done with singing. I'd just find something else to do with my life."

"You'd just give up that easily?" I asked and ate my food.

"Sometimes failure is redirection. Perhaps, I'm meant to be doing something different."

"You have any idea what?" I dropped my cutlery and took a sip of wine from my glass.

"Still music but I could take a different route, like produce or mentor upcoming acts."

"Have you ever tried any of what you just mentioned?"

Yah pushed his cleared plate forward and replied, "Yes, I co-produced all my albums and I've dabbled into mentorship before but got too busy to really focus."

"What about acting? You're pretty good at it."

"I've never tried it, except for music videos and there's really not much acting involved. But I could give it a chance and see if I have the knack for it." Yah smiled before drinking. "Thanks for listening to me."

I didn't know if it was the spirit of sharing that prompted me to open my mouth and say, "I'm pregnant." Yah gasped. "Don't worry, it's not yours."

"Wow," he said.

"If my life continues to be monitored by the press, it'd come out eventually. It would be after our relationship ends for sure because I'm barely showing but it still wouldn't add up when the baby arrives."

He nodded as he understood what I was saying. "Let them write whatever they please, you don't read those shitty things anyway. Are you happy about it?"

"I wasn't at first but I am now. Are you going to tell Ben?"

"I don't think it's any of his business."