YULETIDE.

I kept looking at the entrance at the beginning of the walkway, waiting for Chike to arrive. I left the backyard when I heard my mom's voice.

"Baby girl," my dad said when he saw me, I hugged him before hugging my mom.

"You look stunning," my mum said.

"No, you look stunning," I said, she was wearing lace iro and buba.

My dad gave a throaty laugh. "That's my beautiful wife," he said.

"Where's Chike?" I asked when I didn't see him with them.

"He's getting the vegetables from the car," my mom answered.

"Mom, I can get vegetables here," I protested.

"Mine are healthier. I don't use chemicals on them or fertilizers, I stick to cow dungs," my mom explained.

"Ew. Mom, stop. Anyway, you need to meet everyone. Chike's parents are here and the girls came with their husbands. Come," I took my mom's hand and my dad walked beside us as we went to the table.

I introduced them to Chike's parents and they exchanged hugs before going around the table to hug the girls. Everyone was looking happy and smiling. My friend's hadn't seen my parents in a long time and my mom was asking after their children.

"My in-law," Mama Pam said when my mom sat in the chair beside her.

I tried not to roll my eyes at her choice of words. I went back outside and saw Chike at the boot of the car struggling with bags of vegetables.

"Sweet face, I thought I'd been forgotten," Chike said.

"You wish," I said and gave him a noisy peck on the lips.

I followed him into the house, and he placed the bags of vegetables on the kitchen floor since the chef was busy at the counter. I took his hands after he washed them and led him to the bedroom.

"Thanks," I said. "How did it go with my parents?" I sat beside him on the bed and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He stroked my hair and said, "They're cool people. I guess not every parent is as judgmental as mine."

"Speaking of your parents, can you be nice to them?" I looked up at him and waited for an answer.

"I saw their car outside."

"And?"

"I will be nice to them if they're nice to me, I don't want to ruin your party."

"They will be nice to you," I said and climbed on his lap. My gown rolled up and my hands went to his jeans button and I undid it.

"There are like fifteen people outside waiting for us and you want to have sex?"

"Yes" I said, batting my eyelashes.

"Who am I to decline?"

Chike lips joined mine and I moaned when I felt him inside me.

"Babe, we have to join the party," Chike said after sex when I remained lying on the bed.

"Alright, I'll join you guys."

I went to the bathroom to clean up when I saw him finish from there. I joined everyone outside and saw my sister and her husband, they came over to hug me and I asked after my nephews. I got a detailed explanation of their holiday activities before sitting down beside Chike.

The chef came out again and placed various dishes on the table. Aromas mixed together to create a homey smell as coconut rice, fried rice, jollof rice, diced plaintain, shrimps, snails, coleslaw, catfish, peper soup and fruit salad seated in our midst. Dave added the barbecued beef and turkey to the table and my mom said the grace over the food. Everyone concentrated on their meal and cutlery clattered against plates as we all ate and drank.

Chike rubbed my thigh and I melted at the attention I was receiving from him. I almost purred like a well fed cat.

"Are you okay?" he whispered in my ear.

"Yes. Have you met the girls?" I whispered back.

"Yea, before you joined us. They are very funny."

"True. Have you spoken to your parents also?"

"Yes, my dad didn't say much. That rarely happens."

"That's because he's trying to be better. Your mum told me to call them Papa and Mama Pam."

"That's a sign that they love you."

"Really?" I beamed.

"Yes," Chike said and helped me with some of the barbecued meat.

"Dave, this is absolutely amazing," I said to him after taking a bite.

"Thanks," Dave said, grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm going to need the recipe," Bym inputted as she took a slice of the beef.

"Sure, I'll send it to you later," he responded.

I went back to my food and Chike whispered, 'I love you' in my ear. I kissed him lightly on the lips when he stared at me. Zola's gaze was on me when I looked across the table, she smiled and wiped tears from her eyes. I smiled back at her and she nodded. Her boyfriend took her hand on the table, he was back home for the holidays.

Chike cleared his throat and stood when the plates were cleared. "Thank you everyone for coming, we really appreciate you for honoring our invite. This has been an amazing experience, Jade talks about her family and friends all the time and when I finally met every one of you, I understood why she loves you all so much. You've been her strength and I'm grateful and indebted to you all for that. Thanks Mama Pam and Papa Pam for honoring us with your presence. I know we don't see eye to eye, but I love you."

I heard Mama Pam weeping into her handkerchief and I went over to her. "Don't cry," I said to her and she nodded and wiped her tears.

"Sweet face, come," Chike called me and Mama Pam squeezed my hand before I joined him. "Here she is, the love of my life. I remember getting her a phone and saving my digits with 'Daddy'...no disrespect to you Mr. Collins."

"None taken, carry on," Pops said and I smiled.

"Well, I'm going to be a Daddy soon and I'm going to need your love and support. My wife and I love you all."

Chike had taken to calling me his wife when he wasn't calling me sweet face. Everyone clapped and Chike gave me a long kiss.

"Yes! Get it girl." I heard Amaka scream out.

Everyone surrounded us when the kiss broke. I hugged my friends, then my parents and sister before hugging Chike's parent. Dave came to my side and hugged me.

"I love you and I'm glad I witnessed this, you deserve this and much more," Dave said as he held my hands.

"Thanks, Dave. I love you too," I told him before hugging him again.

Chike took my hand, and we all went to the gazebo where the chef had arranged the center table with cupcakes, meat pies, chocolates, and peppered meat. Champagne flutes and wine glasses also graced the table, and there were some glasses half-filled with fruit juice as well.

Author's Note: Last chapters are dropping on the first of January, 2019. I hope you guys enjoyed the latest update. Vote and comment so I know you're reading.
Thank you, and happy holidays. xx

Tito.