BABY DADDY.

I ended up spending five more days with my parents. I occasionally called Dave to know what was going on in the office. When I got ready to leave, my mom filled my boot with vegetables from her backyard garden despite my protest.

I was back in my bedroom laying on my back with my hand rubbing my tummy in circular motions. I'd stopped at the hospital when I left my parents' house and my pregnancy had been confirmed. I was two months pregnant. There wasn't any element of surprise when the doctor told me the result of the test. I'd simply nodded when he lectured me on what and what not to do during my first trimester.

I had an antenatal appointment in two weeks, the journey had officially started. I was holding on to what my father had said earlier, and I was going to be joyful, for my baby and for myself. I still didn't know how to tell Chike about the pregnancy even though I had his new number. I had to do it soon though, because he needed to know and experience the journey with me.

I spent my Sunday sleeping in bed, resting from all the stress I'd faced staying with the boys. They were on their mid-term break so I was constantly cleaning and rearranging my room as they scattered toys and snacks all over the place. When I wasn't doing that, I was being dragged out of the house to play soccer with them. I was the goal keeper and I'd been extra careful so their shots didn't hit my tummy, not like they were accurate anyway. There had been no shots on target as they were young and their coordination was wobbly at best.

When I got into the office on Monday morning, Dave came into my office holding a box.

"What's that?" I asked.

"A company needs you to help promote their goods online."

That was unusual. "Really? How?"

"Your number of followers on your social media accounts have increased. Instagram added public figure to your bio."

"You're kidding?" I was laughing and I couldn't stop, it was just so funny.

"I'm serious, haven't you checked your pages?"

I cleared my throat and answered, "No, that's your job."

Dave sighed and sat. "You can still look and interact with your fans."

"Hold on." I looked around in confusion. "I have fans now, what the heck is going on?"

"You're the latest hot thing in town right now. Genevieve Magazine even did an article on you. It says," Dave spread his hands in front of his face as he talked, "Five reasons to like Lil Don's girlfriend."

I laughed at the 'Lil Don's girlfriend' description, they must have forgotten I had a name. "Don't they need my permission for that?" I wasn't sure how those things worked but they could have asked me.

"Not really. They're promoting you anyway so you should be glad."

"Alright." The press could invade my space all they wanted, I still wasn't going to read a single article written about me. I didn't care if it was positive or not, I was shielding my peace of mind. "What's in the box?"

"Slimming tea."

I laughed again and Dave looked confused. "I'm skinny, why would I advertise those?"

"For money, maybe."

"They're paying too?"

"Yes."

"Crap. I can't help them, return the box."

"Why?"

"Because they don't work. I can't deceive the public into buying teas that aren't effective."