YOU'RE A STAR.

For the first time since meeting Chike, I initiated a night out. I knew it looked like I was getting too used to his presence, but I was only trying to make the best out of our 'situationship'. It wasn't going to go on forever and I could surely enjoy it while he was available.

We decided to make it casual, so I hurried home that Friday evening and jumped into the bathroom. He saw me too often in my office wear so I looked for something casual. As I shifted clothes to the side on the rack, my gaze landed on the pink tracksuit Chike gave me the second night I slept over at his place. I picked the suit from its hanger and dropped it on the bed, I could wear those for him. I decided to go with the bottom and got a white tank to pair with it, tying the excess material at the back to give it a fitted finish.

I swept my hair into a puff and rolled the length around the hairband. I chose to go with minimalistic jewelry and wore a simple, silver neck chain and a very, tiny pair of studded earrings. I wore the heels I wore to work and took a cab to the bar Chike had suggested.

When I got into the bar, Chike wasn't there yet, so I ordered a bottle of water and waited at a table. My eyes instinctively went to the entrance as Chike strode in. My pulse quickened as I watched him stroll lazily to my table. He was wearing another of his very ripped jeans and I could see his skin peeping out of the cut from five feet away.

I stood as he got to my side, going for a hug. Well, he didn't settle for a hug, because his lips descended on mine and he kissed me senseless, and right in front of everyone. I felt his palm on my butt cupping a cheek as I leaned closer into him. He finally tore his lips from mine and I took the seat, not bothering to look around because I wasn't interested in noticing disapproving looks for the affection we just displayed right in the middle of the bar.

Chike's sleeveless top gaped open at the front as he bent to sit. I could see his upper body, and I wondered what people saw as we sat together. One was well put together as far as societal standard was concerned, and the other had a tattoo curling up his neck, wearing a tank top that flaunted his toned triceps and biceps.

"You called," Chike said.

"Yea," I said, wishing my hair was down so the curls could at least cover some my face.

"Do you know what day it is?"

"Your birthday?" I guessed.

"Nah, Father's day. I thought that was why you called."

I looked at him not understanding what he was getting at. "What about it?" I was lost.

"Who has his name saved as 'Daddy' on your phone?"

I smiled. "Oh, okay, I get it now. I wasn't aware today was Father's day anyway, it was totally coincidental that I happened to call."

"I'm glad you called," Chike said, taking a sip of water from my glass.

I took out my phone and sent a short Father's day message to the 'Daddy' and 'Pops' contacts saved on my phone. Chike's phone beeped and his smile widened as he read the message.

"Let's get out of here," Chike said standing and adjusting his jeans.

"Let's stay for a while," I said and he looked at me.

"Sure?"

"Sure."

Chike left his seat and sat beside me, he ate some of the sugared peanut in the bowl and I ordered drinks.

"How have you been?" Chike asked as he pulled me closer to his side.

"Very busy. Did you write new songs?" I asked, looking up at him.