SOMETHING IS WRONG.

I drove to the address on the sheet, it was a two-storey building that didn't look like an office or a residential space. I walked through the gate after finding a good spot for my car, and was stopped by a security guard on my way in.

"Who you wan see?" he asked rudely in broken English, with suspicion clearly written on his face.

"Mr. Chike," I answered.

"Wait here." I watched as he dialed a number and spoke into the phone. "Name?" he turned and asked.

"Jade."

He repeated my name into the phone and ended the call. He looked at me and nodded.

"Where exactly do I go?" I asked.

"Top floor."

"Thanks."

When I found the staircase, I saw different people dressed in the latest fashion in hip-hop culture walking down the stairs as I went up. My gaze met a guy with turquoise hair, he nodded and I gave a nod back. I got to the top floor and saw several rooms. I had no idea where Chike could be, the security guard had only said top floor. I peeked into an open door and saw Chike in front of a desk that had a monitor and several musical instruments with keyboards. He was tapping on something and it was giving off a deep sound.

I entered the room and pushed the door shut. Chike looked up from the several keys and strode towards me. He looked like a temptation in white shorts and large vintage shirt. He went behind me and locked the door with the key. My throat felt constricted and I gulped hard when I felt his heat behind me. He moved away and sat in the red sofa that was behind the large desk. I sat beside him and we just stared at each other. I felt tensed and the air became thick with strain.

I didn't know how to start so I just kept looking at him, drinking him in. Our eyes never left each other until I felt my hand linked in his. I didn't know when my hand sought his out, I just saw it in his and I looked back at Chike. His hand moved from my hand and went to my thigh, pushing my skirt up as his hand went farther. I didn't come to see him for sex but I didn't protest either when he tugged me from the seat and I ended up straddling him. His fingers pushed my skirt to my waist before I felt his thick length enter me.

"This is how home feels, you're home," he said before taking my lips.

I was usually the one that craved urgency but this time I kissed him slowly as I rocked against him. Chike rested his head on my chest after we both came.

I stood from his lap after few minutes had passed. I sat back on the chair and watched as Chike stood and cleaned himself. He came back to the chair and pulled me to his side. I sniffed as a tear rolled down from my face, Chike stroked my hair and I wiped my eyes.

"You're so mean," I said and pulled away from him.

He rubbed his face and sighed. "Look, I said those things because I was hurt. It feels like you're always taking me for granted because you have control."

"I never took you for granted." I placed my hand on his thigh and his hand joined mine.

"But you think I'm trash that you can use and discard whenever you want."

"That's not how I feel about you, your words are always so negative and hurtful."

"I'll make a conscious effort not to say the wrong things when I'm angry, and you?"

"I'm sorry, for everything. The ways things have been spiraling out of control in the past few weeks is alarming."

"It's okay, sweet face. Does this mean you've broken up with him?"