THE TWIN MARK.

It was the weekend and I was in my closet folding my clothes. The breakup with Yah had gotten to the press and my week had been full of drama. Dave kept showing me stories and speculations everyone was making up, still no one got it right. Most people agreed it was because of the stripper incident.

Yah and Ben had done well, they didn't slander me but they made Yah the focal point. Yah had come out to say he wasn't in the right frame of mind for a relationship and people ate it up, some praised him for being mature enough to admit it. It wasn't the mess we'd thought it would be. I was pitied, he was pitied. Everyone wished us well and gave cliché advises like how we'd get back together if it was meant to be. I was simply glad to have my life back.

I was folding the clothes I'd outgrown when I heard Chike call, "Sweet face?"

"I'm here in the closet," I said aloud.

Chike walked into the closet and sighed when he saw me on the floor. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Folding clothes."

"Come, I got you something." He helped me from the floor and I went with him outside.

"A treadmill? Why?" I asked. I hoped he wasn't expecting me to get on that thing.

"For the baby."

Oh, yes. Everything was for the baby.

"She's still in the womb, she doesn't need a treadmill," I said and walked back inside to the living room. I sat on the sofa and Chike sat beside me.

"You need to start exercising. I read it in a book that exercise is good for the baby, it makes delivery easier."

I wanted to tell him to stop reading because he was annoying me with his opinions. "Thanks, but I'm good."

Chike shifted in his seat and looked at me. His face was hard and his jaw ticked. "What's wrong with you? It's like you don't even care about the baby and you can't bother to hide it."

I was shocked by his outburst. "Why would you say that? You think I don't care about my baby? Like my own child?"

Chike rubbed his face and said, "I think you don't care about anyone, if it's not about your job then fuck it. The rest of us don't matter. Why do you think I was quick to claim my baby? I wasn't even sure you were going to keep her because everything is like an inconvenience to you."

"Are fucking kidding me?" I screamed out then lowered my voice, "You think I'd abort my baby? How do you come up with these shits?"

"It's obvious. You couldn't even stay with your new boyfriend for long. Please don't tell me you broke up with him because I told you to, that would be a fucking lie."

He was unbelievable. "Shut up, stop talking," I said.

"You need to hear it," Chike said and folded his arms. "You don't even want to know her sex, it's as if you don't want to be emotionally attached to her or anyone."

"I broke up with Yah because it was time to. We were never dating. It was all a publicity stunt to create a buzz, I bet you didn't know that before running your mouth," I said angrily. "And you said I don't love my baby, I talk to her every day and tell her how much I love her. Do I need to shout it from the rooftop so you can notice me?"

"Why didn't you tell me the relationship wasn't real?" Chike asked.

"Then what? That isn't the problem," I replied and put my hair back in a bun when it came undone.

"What is?"

"You're the problem," I said pointing at him. "You think everyone is like your parents, you called me a parvenu without even knowing my story. My clothing line was failing, I was losing money, I had my parents and staff to think about and you think I'm this bitch that goes around chasing money and breaking hearts for fun. Are you shitting me?"