CHIKE'S MOVE.

It was a Sunday and I just got back from Chike's place. I was meant to tell him that we had to end things on Thursday but I didn't have the guts to, so I went over to his place last night to do that. I was going to simply explain why we couldn't continue to see each other anymore. I owed him that much, it had been months since we'd been sleeping together. He had a right to a fair explanation.

When I got to his house he was bare chested again and I got distracted. It was that damn chest, I never thought right around him whenever his chest was bare. My hands were inside his briefs in no time and we were doing it against the wall after that.

It surely didn't end there, I ended up spending the night with him again. I had my chance to tell him that was the last time we would have sex but I blew it, instead I almost told him I loved him. I caught myself quickly enough to say, I loved having sex with him. He in turn said he wouldn't put his dick inside anyone else if I promised never to allow another dick inside me. I only nodded and pretended to be sleepy.

It was only a stupid vow anyway, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that I was stalling, I didn't know how to put it. I wasn't sure how to tell him. I was the one people broke up with not the other way round so I had no experience in that department. Was he going to get mad or cold? I didn't want to find out so my best option was to send a text.

I took my handbag from the center table and went to the bedroom. I sat on the edge of the bed and thought about how I was going to put the text. I fished out my phone and typed the reasons we couldn't be together anymore. I explained that I needed space and wanted to spend more time on my career. I didn't add the painful truth that I'd gullibly fallen in love. It was too tragic to add.

It felt pathetic so I erased the text and simply typed, I think we should stop seeing each other. I hit the send button and kept looking at my phone. I waited for few minutes and didn't get any reply. He could be busy, he'd see it when he picked up his phone.

I took off my clothes and got under the shower. I came out wrapped in a bathrobe and when I checked my phone, there was still no notification from him. I got into bed and checked the text, it showed that it had been read. Didn't he care that we were ending things? No response was a response so it was apparent that he didn't care, it was a good thing I ended things then. I couldn't go through another one sided relationship. I did gullible things for Kola all in the name of love, not again.

I got up from the bed and got the document Ben gave me. I'd ignored it for days thinking about not agreeing to the deal because I'd been thinking about Chike's feelings. I got a pen from my bag and signed the paperwork before over thinking it. My business needed me more than any man.

I got into the office on Monday and made a call to Ben to inform him that I was taking the deal. Chike still hadn't replied my text, I didn't need more signs to know what we had meant nothing to him. Dave was back in the office and he looked healthier. He wasn't sneezing continuously anymore and he was back to his curious self. I heard him talking to Lola when I walked into my office earlier, she was telling him all that happened in his absence.

When I got settled in, I went to the seamstresses. Agnes had come through for her friends with their measurements and the dresses were almost ready to be delivered. I measured the finished dresses to see if they matched the measurements that were sent. Some did while others didn't so I told the seamstresses to correct the errors and went into my office.

There was a client to dress later in the afternoon. She was going for her book launch and she wanted to look fabulous. Party dresses gave the most headache, dresses for launches and meetings were easy to style so it was going to be an easy one.

I checked my phone when I got to my desk, there was still no notification from Chike. It was a low blow. No protest on his head, nothing, just radio silence. It reminded me of what I'd forgotten, that it had all been about the sex. I spaced out all through styling my client for her book launch. Dave was by my side helping, but I was million miles away. I took a deep breath when we concluded the styling and got back into the office.