SPICY, RED CADILLAC.

As I walked into the office that Monday morning, I drop a wrapped frame of the ultrasound picture on Dave's desk. Seconds later, he was in my office trying not to bawl.

"Thank you," he said and sniffed.

"You're a good godfather and your god child wanted to show you how much you're appreciated," I said hastily before he got too emotional.

"I appreciate it."

"Good. Let's get back to work, did the location manager for Yah's shoot get back to you concerning the location for the shoot?"

"Yes, he did. They decided to use the Cadillac showroom at Ikeja."

"Oh, Lord. I hate going that way." The traffic congestion was always so hectic around that axis.

"If we leave Lekki few hours before the shoot, we could beat the traffic and get there in time."

"That's what we'll do." I didn't dwell too much on what had repeatedly occurred whenever I spent too much time stuck in traffic.

"I have the clothes and shoes ready. We're good to go."

"In an hour's time," I said after taking a quick glance at my wristwatch.

I took a quick nap on the sofa when Dave left. When I reluctantly woke up from the nap, I got into the truck and Dave drove us to the shoot location. Yah wasn't present yet, so I got busy with Dave and we arranged the clothes in the studio that was provided. I was too busy to thoroughly appreciate the exotic, gleaming cars parked around.

"Dave, do I look very pregnant?" I asked. There were cameras around and I didn't want anyone getting a good angle of my tummy.

Dave looked up from the trousers he was holding, "Not really, the sundress is concealing your bump."

"Thank God."

Yah walked in and dropped a peck on my cheek. "How's the baby?" he whispered in my ear.

"Fine, thanks."

"Okay guys, let's begin," the director, Jide said.

We both finished from the same department in school and he'd been a year ahead of me. I was used for most of his works and vice versa. We'd been working together for more than seven years and he was the best at directing shoots for magazines.

"Do you need to shower first?" I asked Yah.

"No, I took one before coming."

"We're having five looks, you got the schedule right?" the direction asked me.

"Yea," I replied.

First, I dressed Yah in a snake print shirt and a black, latex pants with boots and a fedora hat.

"To tuck in or not to tuck?" Dave asked as he oiled the latex pants Yah was wearing.

"Let's tuck partially and leave the shirt tail out," I said looking up from the shambala I was pushing into Yah's wrist.

"Gotcha," Dave replied.

Yah smiled at me from time to time. The makeup artist was on his face, covering the tiny speck of freckles on his nose with some foundation while the hairstylist was finishing with his hair and fluffing it.

"Look one completed," I said and Yah went to one of the Cadillacs.

The photographer directed his poses and he leaned on a spicy red Cadillac SUV. When the shoot for the outfit was completed, we changed Yah into a Tuxedo. I passed Dave a pair of red, patterned socks that had Christmas trees on it. The festive period was in few weeks and the Magazine was a late December issue.