Chapter 22

"Is that the prince?"

"He's handsomer in person."

"Oh my! It's the prince!"

Hoseok waved and smiled at the villagers. People moved out of his way as he rode his horse looking for a missing person. The whispering spread around the town.

Jungkook's ears perked up when hearing this. He mentally cursed and grabbed Taehyung. He ran into the crowd to blend in.

"What's the rush," Taehyung asked as he held onto his meat bun tightly. Jungkook ignored Taehyung and kept his head low.

Jungkook had woken up not seeing the princess by his side. He also saw Jimin gone. He immediately woke Taehyung up and dragged him outside to find them. Instead of finding them, he runs into Prince Hoseok.

Prince Hoseok looked at everyone's face but no luck for him.

"Your highness, the queen wants you back into the palace now," a guard whispered. Hoseok sighs and took one more look around. He looked at the guard and nodded.

Jungkook watch as the prince galloped away on his horse. He sigh in relief and dragged Taehyung out of the crowd.

"That was Prince Hoseok. He's not really good in spotting criminals so we didn't need to hide," Taehyung said. Jungkook rolled his eyes. He knew that but he knew that the prince will know who he is.

"You should of said that before," Jungkook lied, taking a bite of Taehyung's meat bun. Taehyung gasped and moved his food away from the male.

"Just cause I didn't say it doesn't mean you get to eat my breakfast," Taehyung said, taking a bite of his food. Jungkook nodded and kept walking around the town.

"So why are you so up early," Taehyung asked.

"Y/n and Jimin are gone so I wanna find them," Jungkook said. Taehyung chuckled.

"Your really clingy to Y/n, huh," Taehyung said, finishing his bun. Jungkook gave him a weird look. Then he remembered his role outside.

"I guess you could say that," Jungkook shrugged.

"That's bad. You gotta give people space," Taehyung said.

"If I give her space then she could be in danger," Jungkook said, choosing his words carefully. Taehyung shook his head.

"Y/n's a pretty smart girl and she looks like she can survive," Taehyung said, remember Y/n's action during certain events.

"Jimin is with her. You think I trust Jimin with my....wife," Jungkook said.

"Jimin can be trusted and he won't do anything to put Y/n in danger," Taehyung assured.

"Mmm but it's like a promise of mine to protect Y/n," Jungkook said. Taehyung began walking faster to guide the way and to hide his jealous face.

"It's unhealthy if you keep being behind Y/n's back," Taehyung said, making a turn to a familiar face. Jungkook didn't know what else to say so he nodded. He looked at the building and waited for Taehyung to speak.

"I'm guessing Jimin would be here since Ji-Hyun works here and Y/n is also friend with her," Taehyung shrugged and opened the door.

Children were running around the place. Giggles filled the room. Toys were thrown. It's a kid's happy place.

"Ah! Taehyung, Jungkook! What brings you here," Ji-Hyun asked, walking towards them.

"Hello Ji-Hyun," Taehyung smiled. Jungkook waved and looked around the room. No sign of Y/n. "Has Jimin and Y/n stop by here?"

"Jimin and Y/n? No not at all," Ji-Hyun said, typing her hair into a low ponytail. "Why?"

"Jimin left without me this morning so I'm just trying to find him and pretty boy is looking for Y/n," Taehyung explained.

"Hm, that's new. Jimin never leaves you without you knowing," Ji-Hyun said. Taehyung nodded. An idea popped in the female's head.

"Let's look some where else," Jungkook said, avoiding eye contact with Ji-Hyun.

"Perhaps Jimin had taken a liking to Y/n," Ji-Hyun said her thoughts out loud. Taehyung laughed. Jungkook gave a confused looked. "What?"

"She's married to me," Jungkook answered. Ji-Hyun gasped.

"No way! Really? You guys look like good friends," Ji-Hyun said. Jungkook shook his head.

"But look at the way she looks at him! It can't be," Ji-Hyun said, putting a finger on her chin.

"Sorry about Ji-Hyun. She loves to butt into other Love lives and predict their future," Taehyung smiled.

"It's fine," Jungkook said, turning around. He opened the door to leave but there standing was an older woman.

"Oh I'm sorry," the older woman said, moving aside for Jungkook to leave. Jungkook shook his head.

"No, let me," Jungkook said, moving aside and opening the door wider for her. The older woman smiled and walked in.

"What a sweet boy," she whispered. Ji-Hyun looked towards Jungkook.

"Oh Ms.Yoo!" Ji-Hyun said, walking over to the lady. Ms.Yoo smiled. Taehyung put his arms behind him. He hadn't seen this woman before.

"Ji-Hyun, how are you," Ms.Yoo asked. Jungkook lightly cough to get Taehyung attention. Taehyung didn't notice it.

"I'm great! What about you? How was your trip? Your back early," Ji-Hyun said, grabbing a chair for the older lady to sit. Ms.Yoo chuckled.

"I'm lovely. I heard about the princess coronation so I had to come back," Ms.Yoo said. Ji-Hyun put a chair down and ushered for Ms.Yoo to sit.

"Mm, that's good to hear! Oh this is Taehyung," Ji-Hyun said, noticing the male standing behind Ms.Yoo. Taehyung is always a curious person. "Taehyung, Ms.Yoo."

"Hello," Taehyung smiled. Ms.Yoo smiled at the young man.

"Ms.Yoo lives in the next village but she comes here from time to time to see the little ones," Ji-Hyun explained. Taehyung nodded in understanding. Jungkook mentally groan and went back inside. He stood beside Taehyung.

"And who's this young man," Ms.Yoo asked.

"Jungkook," Jungkook introduced himself. She chuckled.

"What cuties," she mumbled. Jungkook looked at the lady.

She looks like a sweet lady but why live in the next village and come here to visit children? Jungkook thought.

"How come you live in the next village," Jungkook asked. Ji-Hyun scoffed and lightly slapped the younger boy. He was affected by the hit.

"That's rude," she whispered. He shrugged not caring. His temper was ticked off now because he lost the princess.

"It's fine Ji-Hyun," Ms.Yoo assured. "I live in the next village because it's further away from the palace. I don't have to worry about the guards and. The queen."

Ms.Yoo whispered the last part. Jungkook nodded his head in understanding but he has a feeling the lady is lying.

A/n: happy birthday to Jimin!!