20 | melody.

mel·o·dy
\ˈme-lə-dē\

noun

: a pleasing series of musical notes that form the main part of a song or piece of music
: a song or tune

🌱

It's the Recital Day. Yoongi and Jeongguk wore newly bought suits and they styled their hair to a much better look.

Yoongi and Jeongguk agreed to just meet at the backstage of the arena, so Yoongi brought their piece's sheet music and went to the arena afterwards.

🌱

Yoongi took a while to find Jeongguk in the backstage because it is very crowded and people are tensing up by the thought of performing infront of many people.

After a few minutes, Yoongi found Jeongguk and saw him rolled up in a ball and covering his ears.

"Hey gguk, what's the matter?" Yoongi asked.

"H-hya-hyung, I'm ne-nervous, I-I don't t-thinkk I c-can do t-this" Jeongguk stuttered.

"Yes you can. We can do this ggukie, besides, we can kill this performance!" Yoongi tried to calm Jeongguk down but he recieved no response. Yoongi sighed.

"Look, ggukie. Please don't be nervous. Remember what I've told you before?" Yoongi softly asked.

"W-what did you told me?" Jeongguk looked up at Yoongi and asked.

"That hyung is always here for you. You already know that if you and me are combined together, it's a beautiful result right?" Yoongi hugged the shaking boy and comforted him in his arms.

Jeongguk just continued hugging Yoongi until he feels calm and not anxious anymore.

"Hyung, I think... I can do this... with you." Jeongguk slowly smiled, "Thank you hyung" he sniffed. "Let's get ready shall we?"

"Yeah, let's get ready ggukie." Yoongi smiled at the younger.

Yoongi and Jeongguk tried to practice more and then after a few minutes, they are next in the recital.

"Okay, performers #7 please prepare yourselves, you are the next to perform." A guy said.

The 2 men nodded and went to the back entrance of the stage. They waited until the Performers #6 finished playing the Piano and Violin.

The performers finished, a loud sound of applause filled the arena and now it is Yoongi and Jeongguk's turn to show the performace that they've prepared.

The squad also showed up, to support the two and to congratulate them afterwards. Taehyung and Jin also brought flowers for them, so that they can give it to them after the Performance.

🌱

Yoongi and Jeongguk appeared in the stage.

The crowd went silent and the two began to walk towards the Piano.

They've adjusted their stool and sat straight, to give the performace an elegant start.

Their fingers brushed the piano slowly, building up the tune that they've practiced. Swaying their heads as they press their fingers on the perfectly shaped keys. Emotions filling up the arena as they close their eyes to put the right amount of force on pressing each selected key. The sound of piano vibrating in the room with their fingertips pressing the right chords delicately. Caressing each touch, Yoongi had goosebumps the whole performance, and so did Jeongguk. The sound of pure melancholy and anger ringed in the audience's ears. Jeongguk read the notes with a mesmerizing look, while Yoongi looked up and closed his eyes to feel the emotions through his body. The melody that overwhelmed the whole arena, and the audience focused on the beautiful sound and the stunning sight infront of them. The performance had no mistakes, and the two men playing on the piano felt the emotions of their own playing. Yoongi turned his head to look at Jeongguk. The younger looked back at Yoongi, and together, they smiled. The silence of the arena turned into the beautiful sounds of the piano itself. Yoongi pressed the key forcefully, and the room's atmosphere was suddenly replaced with anger, then turned into sadness, and finished with happiness. The piece is closely finished. The two men pressing the keys more gently and the sound slowly getting lower. Jeongguk and Yoongi pressed the last chords, and finished the performance with an emotional tune. The tone still lingered the arena until the two men stood up and looked up at the audience. They bowed and the whole audience starts to clap, cheer and some even stood up which overwhelmed the two men on the stage. They returned to the backstage and sighed in relief.

Taehyung and the group just sat there, astonished at the performance that the two just presented, same with the whole audience, who just stared at the piano for a while.

Meanwhile, in the backstage, Yoongi and Jeongguk hugged and shed tears of joy.

"Great job to us hyung!"

"Great job to us too ggukie!"

They cried and laughed.

The two just stayed like that for a while.

🌱