27 | scent.

scent
\ˈsent\

noun

: a pleasant smell that is produced by something
: a smell that is left by an animal or person and that can be sensed and followed by some animals
: a slight indication of something that is going to happen or that might happen

🌱

The next day...

Yoongi's POV

"Oh hey hyung! Ready to practice?" Jeongguk said, stomping his feet to express his excitement.

I chuckled at his childish behavior and smiled fondly at him. "Yes we will, but can you atleast tell me first why did you brought a guitar here? We're learning piano kookie..."

"Hyung! It's not my fault! Jin hyung told me to bring his guitar here so we can learn more things and not just piano. I insisted but he forced me so I just agreed and brought this super duper heavy guitar." He sighed.

"Hahaha, what a nice life for you kookie... but nah, I'll stick to piano. You can play some songs on the guitar for me when we are done though..."

"Okay hyung! Watch me serenade you later" he winked and then pulled me towards my music room.

We practiced our new piece now and we learned it quickly just like the previous one.

🌱

Jeongguk's POV

I was playing the piano with Yoongi. In the middle of the performance, I made a mistake so we stopped playing and stared at each other.

"Uhmmm.. Can we make a deal out of this kook?"

"What deal hyung?"

"You keep making mistakes, are you messing with me right now?" He chuckled. "Anyways, how about... when we finished this song perfectly and with no mistakes, I will kiss you as a reward?" He said to me and smirked.

He knew that I will easily agree so I asked him a question.

"What's the catch? What if I mess up?"

"Hmmm..." he thought for a moment and just sighed. "I don't know either... maybe I'll think of something when you messed up. You know that I'm super good at punishments so don't you dare make a mistake." He said and chuckled at me.

I was tensed because I wanted his reward so bad. So I stretched my fingers and looked at him on a 'I'm ready' face.

He nodded and we started to play the song.

The piece was slow at first, but it gets faster and faster so it was difficult for me to get the keys right. I pulled it off though. I smirked at myself because I'm too talented. 'I'm such an airhead' I told to myself.

We were on the midway of the song and I still didn't make a mistake. I was so proud of myself for keeping up with this piece for a quite long time. We just learned this song today and we planned on practicing everyday until the recital so I think that we can pull this more difficult piece.

I played in sync with hyung, and I felt his tense body beside mine. He doesn't want to kiss me I guess. I snickered at myself and I continued to press the right keys.

We were almost at the end now, and we were close from playing it perfectly. 'Just five more keys until the end of the song', I told to myself. Then it lessened to four, to three, but then I pressed the second to the last key... and it sounded wrong.