Chapter Four: Doubt

"What the hell did you say to Rick to get him so pissed?" I ask irritated staring at Negan through the bars. I sit down in a chair.

The sound of my radio in my pocket becoming overly distracting. I take the radio out of my pocket and turn it off.

"It's a bit early to see you here." Negan smirks.

"Negan I'm trying to work with Rick to let you out. But it's difficult when you keep pissing him off. Do you want to die in here?"

"Hmm... let Rick win? Die in here? I'm gonna have to stick with fucking dying in here."

I sigh loudly.

"You look like shit, does he even let you shower."

"Fuck no."

"I'm gonna have to talk to him about that, because that's just foul."

I sigh sitting down

"35 days. I've been running the sanctuary for 35 days. And your men, my men, whoever's fucking men are getting me into a lot of trouble. You let in some of the sleaziest men at the sanctuary, I swear. It's like you took all the sleaziest men left in the world and made them work for you."

"Pretty fucking much."

"No wonder you bashed people's heads in, because they make me want to do the same. I mean is that what I have to do to make them fucking understand? Wear a leather jacket and swing a baseball bat around? One of them in particular is going to get himself killed. He started beating up on a kid and then got into a fight with Daryl."

"Did he at least win?"

"No- that's- that is not the point. But the kid did knock him on his ass. Anyways then he almost got someone killed when he was supposed to be helping us redirect biters. Had to chop one of our men's arms off. To top it off he stirred up some trouble with Rick. We are lacking food, and suddenly everyone seems to be coming down with something. Six saviors have died from it and many of them are bailing on us. Something just isn't right, some of them are going out on runs and aren't returning. Maybe they were right... I can't handle it." I sigh in defeat.

"Well I'm sure you're doing a better fucking job than Daryl could. Who was it anyway doing all this shit? It's not easy."

"Yeah you're fucking telling me. And I don't even know his fucking name, Justin, I think. It's like they don't take me seriously because I mean look at who ran it prior. I'm not as menacing unfortunately."

"I don't know you can get kinda scary sometimes." He teases.

"Fuck off."

"Speaking of, do you think we could fuck through the bars?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's been a long fucking time since I've gotten my dick wet. I'm getting pretty fucking desperate." Negan explains shamelessly.

"Negan!" I say slightly repulsed.

"Oh please I know you fucking miss me too."

"Stop."

"Well you've got to show you mean fucking business and stand up for yourself. You need to line them up and kill one of them."

"I'm not using your scare tactic."

"It was pretty damn effective if you ask me."

"I just need to think of a different approach. I just sometimes wish Rick would let you out of here. I mean I don't see how much different we are from you. Last month I had to watch them publicly execute Gregory for sending someone to kill Maggie, fucking pussy didn't have the balls to do it himself."