Chapter Twenty Three: Under Pressure

As I enter the gates of Alexandria my head begins to  spin. So much is going on, and I can't believe I'm the person left to handle it.

I decide to take a warm shower to hopefully relieve some stress. I also need to speak to Michonne about the fair. I know she isn't going to be happy about it, but I need to do what's best for everyone. Sometimes I agree with Daryl, that small group we had. At the prison, at the farmhouse... we were unstoppable. We could do anything. But now, there are so many people to care for. Do I mind it? No, I feel I've finally found my purpose.

But it doesn't feel right without Glenn, Abraham, Beth, Sasha, Carl... Rick. And everyone else we lost.

I remember today is Negan's day to shower, but truth be told I want nothing to do with him. I'm tempted to just ask the guards to deal with him but I don't. I've hid from him for years. No more hiding, no more avoiding. I don't have to like him, or love him, (even though I do), I just have to tolerate him.

After I shower and dry off I brush my straight dark hair. It's getting super long, almost to my hips. So I decide it may be time to cut it. Long hair is too difficult to maintain, especially in the apocalypse, not to mention can put you at a disadvantage if someone were to grab it. I grab the scissors out of the bathroom drawer and cut it to just past my shoulders.

I look at my healing forehead and it looks much better compared to when Spades nearly spilt it in two.

I throw on some grey sweatpants, a black tank top, and some white sneakers. It's a little cooler out so I throw on a grey jacket too.

After I am dressed I leave the house and walk to Negan's cell. When I walk past his window I don't hear anything. I walk down the stairs to the door and open it. He's fast asleep and I debate if I should just wake him or come back later. I'm about to leave when I hear him adjusting on the bed.

"Well look who decided to show up." He says as I roll my eyes.

"Do you want a shower or not?" I mumble unlocking his cell.

"I love what you've don't with her hair." He response in a smart tone as his hand caresses my hair.

I roll my eyes.

"Oh I see. I'm still getting the fucking silent treatment." He huffs as we walk down the street in mostly silence.

We walk into my home and he retreats to the bathroom.

"Care to join?" He smirks and I roll my eyes. "Careful how you look at me darlin." He smirks once again but this time much darker.

God I hate him.

"No. I am not joining you, and I'm certainly not screwing you." I respond harshly.

"Your fucking loss." He says with a wink closing the bathroom door as I make a grimacing face. Sure he's hot and all but I'm still super mad at him for everything. Why can't I just ever cut him off for good?

Oh right, because deep down you deeply care about him for some unknown reason. Or maybe it has to do with something like I don't know, you're pregnant with his kid?

I mean the idea of starting a family with Negan didn't sound bad at first, but after everything he's done, everything I've done. I just don't see how things could ever be okay.