Chapter Seventeen: Another Point Of View

"Kendall, Wait!" I shout after her. I think she dropped something in her fit of fucking rage.

I look down to my feet and see a damn pregnancy test of all things. It's in some kind of a bag and being the nosy fucker I am I pick it up.

It's positive, what the shit? No this couldn't have been Kendall's. She can't have kids, if she could she would've had like ten by now. I am about to chuck the thing but then I pause...

Unless that's what she wanted to tell me. Unless she dropped that shit on purpose so I'd find it.

Well shit...

No, she must've just kicked it when she stormed out. Right? I mean that is the only logical explanation. I mean there's no way. I turn to walk down the stairs when I stop mid-step

'Well is there a way?'

"It never would have worked out anyways." Repeats in my head in circles. Damn you Kendall. You know what fuck it. I pick it up and slip it in my pocket. Thank God it's in a plastic bag or this would be nasty as shit carrying around a piss stick.

But fuck this I'll deal with her soap opera drama bullshit later. I have one damn thing on my damn mind, and that's to find my Lucille. Michonne said they just left her the fuck out there. Just the thought tugs my balls the wrong way.

I walk to the horse I nabbed from Kendall and ride to the field. I mean it's been well over six years, who's to say she's still going to even be there?

She better fucking be. I arrive to the field and remember the day I brought Kendall here, making me get a hard on just thinking about it.

But then I remember the final fight, the one we SHOULD'VE won if fucking Eugene didn't betray our asses.

I look to where Rick split my throat in two nearly ending my life. But that fucker just had to save it too.

Sometimes I just wish he ended it all for me that day. That's the way it damn well should've been.

I look all around and see the rusted car Kendall and I fought on. And a little ways down the field sure enough is my Lucille. I run to her and pick her up kissing her.

She looks cracked and the bullet from Rosita's gun is still lodged in her. I sit down and hold her.

"Shit darlin' you've been through hell huh?"

I named this bat after my late wife. Cancer did her in. There's no connection between the two except my love for them both.

She was too innocent, too sweet for this world. Kind of like Kendall. Except Kendall belongs here, Lucille, she didn't. She would've held me back. As screwed up as it sounds I'm glad she isn't here to see what this world has become, what I've become.

She always forgave me when she shouldn't have. Again similar to Kendall. I know it's wrong to be comparing them, it's like comparing apples to fucking oranges but I can't help it.

They are both such beautiful fucking women. Too kind for their own good. And too good to even associate with me. Sometimes I wish I had another chance with Lucille, to do shit right. Her and I always wanted kids but it wasn't a possibility with her sickness, especially towards the end.

Not to mention I was always an unfaithful son of a bitch who didn't deserve her. It took me too damn long to realize that and before I could she was already gone.

And now I'm repeating the same damn cycle with Kendall. Maybe this is supposed to be my second chance. I've really fucked shit up good this time. I mean I know Kendall said she's done with me, but she will come feeding right out of my hand if I offer.

At first I didn't think of her as anything but a good fuck, but she's more than that. Sure I was jumping the crib a bit with her since she is more than half my age but that shit doesn't matter these days.

No matter how bad I hurt her she'll come begging for more. I've lost her once, almost twice, I can't make it a third. Or is it fourth? Fifth? Shit I've lost count.

What the shit, am I feeling guilty? I mean I lied to little Judith and now Kendall's pissed at me.

"Fuck you Kendall." I mutter to myself for her making me softer than a God damn flaccid dick.

I pick up Lucille and twirl her in my hand as I make my way back to the Sanctuary. Maybe Kendall is still hanging around and I can sort shit out.