Chapter Six: Burning Bridges and Breaking Monsters

It's been a while since I've seen Negan. I've been busy trying to help out in every way that I can. Rick has taught me a lot recently and has opened my eyes a good amount. Today Rick has me headed to Alexandria. To keep an eye on Judith so Michonne can get some work done.

It's not my first choice of work but I don't complain. Judith is a good well behaved girl but anytime I look at her all I see is Carl. He'd be proud of what we've built, accomplished, of what we have made this place. Not a day goes by where I'm not thinking of him.

Once I arrive I can't help but to get the urge to check on Negan. Word has it he hasn't been eating. Last time I saw him I brought him some spare clothes, a toothbrush with toothpaste, and he actually seemed... grateful.

I push my urge to the side and walk up to the house. I press my palm against Carl and Judith's handprints.

"Thanks for coming Kendall." Michonne greets.

"It's really no big deal, anything for you and Rick." I say as she offers a polite smile.

"I shouldn't be too long. If anything happens radio me, channel 4."

"Sure thing." I say walking in to greet Judith, she sits on a seat coloring in one of her books.

"Can you get me some juice?" She asks giving the sweetest smile. Normally I'm not one for kids, I like them but since I can't have one of my own I really never associated with them.

"Sure thing." I smile pouring some juice in a cup for her.

After a few hours of playing I begin to feel a very unsettling feeling and am unsure why. I hear Rick's voice on the radio and listen to it.

I realize I'm on the wrong station and just as I am about to switch it I hear something that catches my ears. It's Rick talking to someone.

"If Maggie arrives at Alexandria do not let her in without an escort. Do not let her near Negan. Tell Kendall or Michonne, Maggie if you're listening, this isn't the way."

My heart begins to pound, she is gonna try to kill Negan. I can't just sit around and not tell anyone but I can't leave Judith. I switch my channel to four.

"Michonne?" I ask hesitantly, then wait in silence.

"Something wrong? Is judith okay?"

"Yeah, Judith. She's fine. It's Maggie, she's coming to Alexandria, she's coming here."

"And?"

"I overheard Rick panicking on the radio, I think she's going to try to kill Negan." The words taste bitter as I speak.

"I'll keep watch for her. Carol should be by to watch Judith for the remainder of the time. She wants to see her before she goes back to the Kingdom."

"Okay. Thank you for letting me know."

"No... thank you." She says before I switch my radio again.

"Rick?" I ask.

"Who's this?"

I always forget to say who it is.

"Sorry, it's Kendall. I had my radio on the wrong channel and overheard you... about Maggie."

"Yeah keep a look out for her and don't let her near him."

"I'm with Judith so I told Michonne."

"How is she, how's Judith."

"She's great. Coloring lots of pictures for you." I smile and I can hear him smiling right back.

"Yeah I should be there really soon, Daryl's gonna give me a lift."