Chapter 16: Siren Cove

Hayden's POV

I make my way through the forest and soon see the enchanted lake not far, "Not too much farther." I say to myself annoyed with the location of this hidden cove. Siren's Cove is said to be the birth place of the Siren, but there is also another reason why Hadie placed his diamond here and I am going to have to test out the legend of this holy place. I walk through the waters of the lake following it until reaching the place of where the lake gets its water. I get out of the water and back onto dry land only to see that there is path that goes around the lake. "Of course, now I see it." I groan angrily before making my way through the entrance of the cave. Once inside I look around to see what looks like a normal cave which means I have reached a dead end. "This can't be right." I look up to see the full moon shining brightly in the night sky. "There should be a pool of water." I use my magic to try to reveal a hidden door of some kind but my spell reveals nothing. I pick up a rock and throw across the cave only to hear what sounds like a thud. I slowly walk over to where my rock landed and I see what looks to be a trident carved into one of the rocks. "Very clever indeed." I say with an evil smile on my face, the reason why no one can find the door is because it looks like everything else in the cave, and using magic won't help because the door is not hidden by magic. I place my hand on the trident carving and push with all my might and the rock opens revealing the hidden entrance to Siren's Cove. I make my way along a narrow walkway when I spot a large opening, and once I am at the large opening I see that the cave opens up into a beautiful area, there are stairs made of the cave that lead to a large circle with a pool of water in the middle. I waste no time making my way down the steps and get as close as the water as I can get, and at first when look into the magic water I see nothing but as I look closer I see something shining far below the surface of the water. I lean in closer almost falling in but I catch myself right before I touch the water, and this confirms what Hadie told me is true, he must have brought the diamond with him to Auradon when Quinn invaded, and sometime during that time he brought the diamond here and dropped into the water. Now this is where it gets tricky because legend says that this place is protected by mer magic, and that is something that could get in my way a little bit given the fact that I am not part mermaid or merman. I slowly reach my hand towards the water and just as my hand touches the water I am blasted back and sent into the cave wall, I fall to the ground groaning in pain. "I guess this place is smart enough to know that difference between Heidi and I." I say breathless making it back to my feet. I make my way over to the pool of water looking down below the surface to see the blue diamond and the sliver chain that it is attached to. "I wave my hand over the pool using my magic but just like before the water rejects my magic sending me once again into the wall of cave. I pick myself up off the ground and start trying to think how I can bypass such ancient and foreign magic, and suddenly I get an idea that just might work. "If I can't get to the necklace then maybe someone with mer blood can, and there is only one merman that I know that will unwilling help me get what I want. I look up to see that the moon still shining in the night sky. "I think this place could use some special music." I take a deep breath letting it out.

Into the sea. {I close my and think about the person I want to put under my siren spell.} Hold you close to me. {The guy has brown hair, a little bit of facial hair, and deep brown eyes.} Slide 'neath the waves. {The guy wakes up from his sleep and stares at me.} Down into the caves. {The guy makes his way out of bed and heads out of his dorm and outside just in a pair of boxers.} Kiss me my love. {He walks onto the tourney field listing to my soothing voice.} Come rest in my arms. {I stretch out my arms to him leading him into the forest.} Dream your dreams with me. {He keeps making his way through the forest getting closer to the cave.} Slide beneath the sea. {The guy makes it to the enchanted lake, but I am smart enough the before he can step foot into the lake and wash away my enchantment, I lead him around it keeping him under my spell.} Come to me my love. {He finally makes it to the entrance of the Siren Cove.} Forgot the land above. {The guy enters the cave as I lead him down to where I am.}

After I am finished with my song I see him at the opening looking down at me. "Thank you for helping me Ennis." He nods his head down the steps and walks up to me. "How can I be of service." Ennis asks me kneeling before me. I tilt his head up so he is looking into my eyes. "I have a task that requires your family legacy." I point to the pool of water. Ennis looks down at the water.