Chapter 41: Heidi Meets Hayden

Heidi's POV

I wander around the isle and soon enough I look up at a sign that reads 'Off with your hair salon.' I take a deep breath before kicking the door. I walk into the place taking a seat in one of the many chairs as tears fall from my eyes blurring my vision. I take a deep breath and lift me head and I suddenly my refection waving at me. I slowly stand up looking at the mirror like I am going crazy. "What is this?" I ask before quickly looking away from the mirror. "Hey Blondie." I hear my reflection call to me. I turn my attention back to the mirror, "I turn my back for one second and everything falls apart. She comments smirking at me, "this cannot be real." I say studying the person in the mirror. "Of course I'm real, I mean if I wasn't real you would be alive right now." The reflection comments as she rolls her eyes at me. "I need help." I say before heading towards the broken door but suddenly I stop in my tracks upon hearing my reflection, "Where you are going?" She asks twirling a piece of her hair around her finger. "I am not listing to you, I can make you go away." The person in the mirror starts laughing. "You know deep down that you don't want me to go anywhere, I mean, why would you?" I turn back to face the reflection to see her still standing in the mirror. "Because you're nothing more than an unhinged psycho that only cares about herself." The reflection just scoffs at me, "I am here because you cannot handle life on your own, so just let me back out." She smirks as her eyes glisten with evil. "Letting you out was the biggest mistake of my life." The person in the mirror looks taken back from my comment. "Compared to what has been going on this isn't even close, you have been so busy with your own little world that you can't see what is right in front of you, and when everything is said and done it will be your life that is destroyed beyond repair." I know that she is right because I have no idea what this person has been doing since I have been away. "I will fix everything you have done without you." I snap that the reflection as I try to get control of what is going on right now. "No you won't because I have done things that there is no coming back from." I don't say a word as I just stare deeply into the dark and cold eyes of the woman in the mirror. "Come on Heidi, you can tell me what is on your mind, I mean it is only the two of us here." I turn my back to her trying my best to ignore her. "I don't want to tell you anything." I say but I can hear the sound of being unsure in my own voice. "Not even that you want my help, I know you do." The reflection sneers with an evil smile on her face. "Your wrong, I am strong then you, and you're not getting out this time because I won't let you!" I shout at the mirror turning back around. "Okay fine, I get it you don't want my help, but you can't say that you are not curious." I look at her unsure of what she could possibly be talking about. "About what?" I ask but I start to regret asking that question after seeing the face on the girl in the mirror. "You know, what it must be like, Harry and Uma together." I take a step closer to the mirror in anger. "That is beyond foul." I say with disgust trying to think about it. "Uma having his strong arms pinning her against the wall." The reflection slowly taunts me. "That's enough." I say putting my hand up to her trying to get her to be quiet. "Just talking about it is gives me tingles in all the right places." I roll my eyes not believing that this woman has no shame in talking about private things. "I'm not listing to this." I walk to the other side of the room, but the person just appears in another mirror. "What's the matter Heidi, is all this sex talk making you upset?" She mocks me as she fixes her dress she is wearing. "Shut up!" I say trying to calm myself down from getting to worked up. "Face the facts there Heidi, I mean you caught Harry who is man you love most in the world in an awkward position with Uma who is the woman that you hate the most, and it didn't look they really cared that you caught them. I am not sure about you but I don't think that is true love." I can't take it anymore, I can't listen to her anymore. "I SAID SHUT UP!" I yell as loud as I can before picking up a thing of hairspray and latching it at the mirror creating a huge hole in the mirror itself. The reflection looks at the whole impressed. "You really are the daughter of Hades with that temper, but come on you out of anyone should know that I am not really in the mirror but in fact I am inside of you, so can throw whatever you want but it's not going to get make me go away." She smiles at me waving her finger at me. "No! I am not going to let you take over my life!" I yell falling into one of the chairs behind me. "What life, the one you had with Harry? Get a clue girlfriend because that ship sailed off the moment Harry stepped foot back on the Isle." I can start feeling tears well up in my eyes. ""He will realize what he is doing, and then everything will go back to way it was." I say trying to talk myself into believe it even if it isn't true at this moment in time. "Yeah maybe, but from the looks of what you just saw I would have to say that Harry and Uma are going to get the happily ever after that was meant for you, I mean Harry did ask Uma to be his girlfriend, and he did ditch the awful wedding band around his finger the second he got back to the isle." I stare daggers into the woman in the mirror. "Plus with all the chaos I have caused I am sure that King put you to sleep wouldn't allow you back in Auradon if you begged him." I can't help but think that she has a point, I have no idea what she has done. "Ben cares for me and he will always welcome me home." I say wiping the tear that falls from my eye. "What for he has finally has the one thing he has always wanted, and that is a piece of you that he can raise in his own image." I snap my head facing the reflection. "Ben is not like that and you know it, what you just said is a flat out lie." She shrugs her shoulders looking bored. "Why are you fighting this? You know you need me." My head falls as the feeling of tried starting to creep up on me. "I don't, I really don't." I choke out that sounds like a plea. "I know you because I am you, you can go ahead and run and hide, you know you want to, and it would make everything so much easier." I shake my head wiping my face of the tears. "No, I am going to face this." She looks at me in shock and pity. "Do you even know what that means? Do you really want to be around to watch Harry place suck face with Uma of all people, you really want to see him take her to his room every night?" I feel new tears run down my face. "He wouldn't do that." The girl looks at her nails uninterested in what I am going through. "Really? Because in your heart you know what Harry was like before you, and now that he is back to his old ways it will make you wonder how much did he really ever love you, and that is if he really loved you at all." That is the last straw, I shoot up from my chair and get into the face of the girl in mirror. "GO AWAY! I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, GO AWAY! WHEN I OPEN MY EYES YOU'LL BE GONE!" I yell loudly before clutching my head and closing my eyes.

Hayden's POV

I open my eyes to see that I am back in control, and I waste no time grabbing a shade of lipstick off the counter and slowly apply the black lipstick, and once I am finished my eyes catch something moving in the mirror behind me. I turn around to see Heidi standing in the mirror. "LET ME OUT OF HERE!" Heidi screams at the top of her lungs as she pounds on the mirror. I cover my ears a little in a mocking tone. "Could you be any louder? I ask with a small laugh escaping my lips. "What is this?" Heidi looks around frantically trying to find a way out. "You don't like the view from inside anymore? You used to love in there, especially when the world got too hard for you, and now all you have to do is sit back and relax because I am taking it from here." Heidi looks at me wiping the tears away from her eyes. "No you're not, you have caused so much damage already." She yells at me banging on the mirror as hard as she can. "I have a life to you know, and now I can actually start living it now." I take a look at what I am wearing and a suddenly look of disgust comes across my face. "Please let me out of here. Don't do this please." I look at Heidi for a second before laughter erupts from me, "Why should I do that? Besides I can't afford that right now." I say getting my laughter under control. "What are you planning on doing?" I thought for a moment if I should tell her or not. "I know someone that will can give me what I want most in this world." Heidi looks me with questions burning in her eyes, "Which is what?" I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail, "My freedom of you, and the only way that can happen is if we separate our personification or in other words we split into our own individual bodies." Heidi gives an evil look, and her eyes burn with rage. "You are only thinking of yourself." I smile a wicked smile at her as I run my hand along her face from the other side of the mirror. "I wouldn't be here if you didn't need me, I am the survivor, I am the one that will do whatever needs to be done to make sure that I get everything I want, and it will all end with me getting my happily ever after." I growl at her, and Heidi suddenly starts giving me an odd look. "You're In love with someone." I roll my eyes before I start walking away from the mirror. "Aren't you?" I turn back around facing Heidi. "That is personal, but I will tell you that if I was I am sure that he wouldn't be like the cheating pirate that you caught with the sea wench." Heidi studies my appearance for a second. "Did you know about Harry and Uma?" I shake my head at her. "That was just as much of a shock to you as it was to me, but it worked out in my favor because I am out here where I belong and you are in there where you belong." I say clapping my hands together smiling at a heartbroken Heidi. "I have things to do, so why don't you take a nice long nap, and when you wake up the two of us will no longer have to depend on each other." I blow Heidi a kiss before making my way out of the salon and back out to the nightly streets of the Isle.