Chapter 2: Reassurance and Love

"Luce look at me" Natsu demanded and I sniffled looking up at him trying not to break down completely.
"No matter what I will not leave you, I love you Lucy more than anything in my life. If that means I sit by your seat and help you fight, so be it. If I have to sit there and watch as you leave me, fine but I will never love anyone but you, you may have only twenty percent chance to live but that is it you have twenty percent chance. If you give up fighting then you have no chance of surviving" Natsu said, hugging me tight and I hugged him tight as well.
"I could never lay down and not fight, not after all you and fairy tail have done for me....I love you Natsu" I smiled and he smiled gently and lent down and gently kissed me. I could swear that I saw fireworks were going off in my mind as I opened my eyes and looked at him smiling.
"Now what did the doctor tell you to do?" Natsu asked.
"I have to go see a specialist to start the treatments and also to get pain medication" I told him, my hand shaking a little.
"Its okay Luce I will go with you your not going to be alone let's go there and then we can inform the guild" Natsu said, squeezing my hand reassuringly.
"Yeah....I have no clue how I am going to pay rent anymore, if I use my magic I will speed the cancer up. I guess I can help the guild out by being a barmaid so I can earn money" I thought outloud to myself but Natsu heard me.
"Happy and I will just have to move in with you for now and go on missions to keep your apartment and when we are on a mission you can stay at the guild" Natsu grinned and I smiled as he held my hand and pulled me towards the address the doctor gave me.

When we got there Natsu never let go of my hand as I asked for an appointment or when I was told that there was an opening in fifteen minutes so we sat and waited.
"Lucy Heartfeilia?" a doctor called and I gulped and nodded as I got up, Natsu following since I hadn't let go of his hand.
"Come on in and make yourselves comfortable" smiled Dr Asha as her name badge read.
"I have already received a phone call from Dr Kain and she has sent me your results. Today we aren't going to start any treatment, we are simply going to talk. I will talk about what we are going to try to do to get rid of the cancer as well as the side effects and such. Then you can talk Lucy, asking me anything you want to know or anything you want to understand better okay?" Dr Asha explained and I nodded, gripping Natsu's hand harder but all he did was give it a reassuring squeeze and gave me an encouraging smile.
"Now the first thing we will have to do is start you on a high dose of chemotherapy, to do that we have to insert a port into your chest where you will receive the chemo thru. The side effects of this will vary from you throwing, loss of appetite, mouth sores, losing your hair and many others. I will give you a list of all the variations of side effects. The other thing we are going to do is get a test of your magic, this can happen when we put the port in, the reason for this is because if we have a test of the magic, we know if you are able to have a transplanted magic put in you and then the cancer disappears. Most transplanted magic are lacrima crystals, unfortunately there is only about five percent that have that option. You won't have to stay in the hospital all the time seeing as you will be more comfortable in your own space but we will hit you with Chemo every day so you will be travelling to this clinic a lot and we have to make sure you have no bad side effects so you will need to have a nurse or doctor on speed dial just in case, is there any question so far?" Dr Asha questioned and I was a little stunned still to even think of asking something.
"Luce can't use her magic because of this cancer right?" Natsu asked, surprising me since I didn't expect him to ask that question.
"No unfortunately if she were to use her magic, the cancer would progress further and be even worse" Dr Asha said.
"And how long until we know the treatments are working?" Natsu enquired.
"Every person reacts differently to the chemo, it could start to show progress after four or five hits or some don't show progress until after the tenth hit" Dr Asha answered and Natsu nodded.
"Is that all the questions?" Dr Asha asked and Natsu nodded.
"How.....How long until we start the treatment?" I asked her in a small voice.
"Well we won't be starting today but with how server it is, its best to get started as soon as possible so if it is alright tomorrow morning you will have the port placed in and then that afternoon you will start your first treatment" Dr Asha said and I nodded as this finally dawned on me that I was dying and that I couldn't use my magic.
"Now I will explain the port and such and then I will ask you if you want to continue before booking your appointment and such okay?" Dr Asha smiled trying to be comforting and I nodded numbly as she spoke about everything in more detail.
"Okay so Lucy I have to ask, are you sure you want to do this? It will be a long and hard fight" Dr Asha asked at the end and I nodded my head.
"Yeah I'm going to fight because I have Natsu and the rest of Fairy tail to back me up" I smiled weakly and she nodded before giving me the papers and I read through them before signing them and handing them back.
"Well I will see you at eight tomorrow morning" Dr Asha said and I nodded as Natsu and I left with an information pamphlet.