Chapter 11: To fight or not to fight

The whole guild was silent and had been for hours, all of them were waiting for news about their beloved Celestial mage. Crime sorcery and the Sabertooth members had already left after Makarov promised to contact them if anything happened, both good or bad.
"Why can't we hear anything from Lucy's room?" Natsu demanded as he stopped pacing to look at the fairy tail master.
"Freed's runes cancel out noise" Makarov answered watching sadly as the normally cheerful fire dragon slayer paced back and forward. The bags under his eyes showed he hadn't slept in a while but with him getting the key and then the scale it was no wonder he wasn't sleeping.
"Natsu, why don't you sit down and eat something?" Lisanna suggested sweetly trying to calm him but he shook his head and continued to pace.
"Can't we do anything? He is getting on my nerves," Gray sighed and he looked just as tired and worn out. In fact the whole guild looked worn out as it had been over twelve hours since Porlyusica, Dr Asha and Wendy had gone up to start the magic transfusion.
"The only thing that we can do is wait, I am going to try and find out some more about the magic cancer that was injected into Lucy" Erza decided to get up and she went to walk out the door only for her legs to give out on her.
"Right now you need to eat something first, worrying ourselves like this and not caring for ourselves is going to hurt Lucy when she wakes up" Mira said as she caught the requip mage before she hit the ground.
"She is right we all need some sleep and food, even if we sleep in the guild it doesn't matter so long as we are rested" Laxus pointed out. Suddenly the silence that had engulfed the guild was broken as a loud ear piercing scream was let out from upstairs that had everyone, even Makarov racing to get up the stairs.

"What is going on?" Natsu growled as he slammed the door to Lucy's room open.
"She is reacting to the transfusion, there is nothing we can do now we wait and pray that she survives" Dr Asha explained looking exhausted and had blood on her hands.
"Why is there blood?" Natsu demanded, looking at the doctor.
"We had to inplant the lacrima into Lucy" Wendy sighed wobbly before Romeo and Carla and went to guide her into a chair.
"How long until we know if it worked?" Natsu asked.
"I don't know it was touch and go for a while we almost lost her but we managed to bring her back, now it all depends on Lucy if she wants to live, she is going to have to fight will all her strength to come back" Dr Asha replied since the operation was over Porlyusica decided to leave without another word only a head nod to Makarov who had begged her to come. Natsu walked over and gently held the blonde mage's hand that looked like she was simply sleeping but she had lost weight and her skin was pale but her golden hair fanned out around her.
"Come on Lucy you can't give up now not with everything that has happened you can't leave me" Natsu whispered, kissing her palm before sitting there just holding Lucy's hand.

Lucy's POV
I can remember Polyshica, Dr Asha and Wendy telling me that they were going to start the magic transfusion but then I can't remember much, just a lot of pain and the black space I was now floating in. Looking around I tried to figure out where I was and what was going on? Had I died? No that can't have happened.....Maybe it would be better like that though. My mother and father were dead already so I had no family. While Fairy Tail would miss me, they would move past me dying. Perhaps it was for the best with all the trouble that I had caused the guild. I thought back to when Phantom attacked us because of me, then also the pain Loke went through when I joined the guild, in the Grand magical games I was useless and then against Tataros, not only had I nearly died but I nearly lost Aquarius, one of my precious spirits. What about my spirits?....Maybe Yukino would take care of them, she would treat them better than I ever could. Thinking back I always was dropping their keys and I was never strong enough to help them or protect them. Yeah it would be much better if I just stayed here, it doesn't hurt here and not only that but here, no one else would be hurt because of me.
"Lucy" a voice called, it was a familiar voice so I turned and was surprised to see Mama there.
"Mama," I whispered.
"Oh Lucy look at you, you have grown up so much and so beautiful as well" Layla smiled and I hugged her tightly.
"Oh Mama I missed you so much, I have to tell you everything that has happened once you left me" I said and she shook her head.
"No you don't, not yet, it is too soon to give up yet Lucy" Layla scolded.
"You have so many friends that are worried and waiting for you to wake up and your spirits, they would never be able to move on from your passing. Then there is that boy Natsu, he would be heartbroken and would never recover. You are not weak, you are strong so fight. You may think that you don't help your spirits but you have helped them more than they could ever thank you for. Your guild is strong because of you, they care deeply for you and that is what makes them strong" Layla smiled gently stroking my head.
"I.....I....I don't want to die" I sobbed, my voice cracking as tears gathered in my eyes once I realised what I had been thinking and Layla smiled.
"I know you don't, now you have to fight Lucy, fight with everything you have to get back to them. They are all waiting for you, when it is your time you will see me again so don't give up just yet" Layla grinned, kissing my head wiping my tears away before she disappeared.
"I'm sorry minna, I will never think about that ever again, I was so stupid. I am not going to just sit here and fade away because I am a fairy tail wizard and part of the strongest team in Fairy tail and my family is waiting" I yelled focusing on my friends and trying to wake up after all they had been waiting for me and I wasn't going to leave them waiting forever.