Chapter 7: The second trial, an undying love

Natsu woke up the next morning ready to finish the test after all he had been missing for three days already. He had no idea how Lucy was but he was not going to let anything stop him.
"Are you ready for the second trial, Natsu Dragneel?" Celestial King asked.
"Yeah bring it on nothing is going to stop me" Natsu declared looking determined.
"Your last test was a test of strength, this next test is a test of heart. You must prove that you have no reason to use this key as a bargaining chip, misuse it or anything of the sort, the test will begin now" Celestial King explained and Natsu's vision went blank. 

Natsu opened his eyes and looked around the room, around him there were thousands of pedestals around with different objects on them. Money, keys, houses, food, anything you could think of was there on the pedestals.
"You have one choice, Natsu Dragneel, on one of these petesols there is the key to finishing this test. If you make the wrong choice you will forfeit and will not be able to try again so you should think about what you are going to do before you choose what to do" Celestial King advised and Natsu looked around. For hours Natsu looked around looking at all the different objects trying to figure out which one to take. There had been plenty that had caught his eye but finally he saw one thing that he couldn't just leave there even if it meant he would fail this test. It was the heart earrings that Lucy always wore, Natsu could remember asking Lucy about them when he noticed them.

Flashback
"Hey Luce I've been wondering for a while. You always change your hair and your necklace but you don't change your earrings. Is there something good about them?" Natsu questioned Lucy and Lucy looked at the salmon haired guy.
"Oh these, well see my Mama gave them to me. Well kind of, she had brought them for me when I was younger before she got sick but then when she got sick she gave them to me and told me that no matter what they would show that she loved me no matter if she was gone or not. So ever time I wear them it feels like Mama is watching over me cheering me on" Lucy smiled gently touching the earrings.
"In that case Happy and I will make sure that you keep those earrings in, after all they are special to you" Natsu promised with a beaming smile.
"Thanks Natsu, in that case then I will make sure that you always keep your scarf since it's special to you right" Lucy promised with a smile and Natsu grinned back.

Flashback end
Natsu turned and started to climb the pillar, flames around his arms and fury in his eyes, making the celestial king look at him surprised.
"What are they doing here? Lucy is meant to be wearing these, you aren't meant to have them. If you took them off her then I'm gonna make you pay, I promised that no one would ever take that" Natsu roared glaring at the celestial king in fury as his fire danced around.
"Calm yourself Natsu Dragneel" Celestial King ordered.
"NO! I promise no one would take her precious earrings from her mother, how dare you! Fire dragon roar" Natsu roared, sending a fire roar straight at the Celestial King.
"HOW COULD YOU TAKE THEM! I am not going to go easy on you! Lucy is probably hurting right now because you took these, I am not going to let anyone hurt her" Natsu yelled activating dragon force.
"Enough Natsu Dragneel" Celestial King boomed and Natsu stopped but glared at him, he wasn't going to give up this fight because he had promised.
"They are replicas not the true things, this test was all about proving you did not want the key for money or using it for selfish reasons. You took nothing from the other pillars no matter what it was and when you did take one thing it showed that you only did it because you felt it was your duty to return them. Congratulations on passing the second test, the test of the heart" the celestial king explained, making Natsu calm down. The celestial king wouldn't say it out loud but he was relieved that Natsu had calmed down because he wasn't sure if he would be able to win against an enraged Natsu especially if it was because of Lucy that he was angry.
"Why didn't you say that? I could have really hurt you, so are we going to head onto the next challenge yet?" Natsu asked, looking at him.
"Not yet, already four days have passed in the real world, therefore Lucy has started to ask after you. This mirror will be like a lacrima, I have already sent the connecting one to Lucy, threw her spirits already so you may speak to her" the Celestial King said before leaving.