Chapter 8: The final test breaking point

When Lucy woke up that morning she wasn't feeling good at all, she felt woozy even laying down, her stomach was churning and she had a large headache. Slowly she got up and tried to make it to the bathroom but before she could her legs gave in making yelp and hit the floor coughing up blood onto the floor before she laid on the ground her breathing raggedly.
"Blondie," a voice yelled and soon enough Lucy was picked up into someone's arms making her look up and see Laxus there.
"Your back" Lucy whispered, smiling weakly as the lightning mage placed her on the bed but before he could do anything else Lucy started to have a fit.
"DR ASHA!" Laxus roared and instantly the Doctor and Wendy raced into the room.
"What do we do? It looks like she is having a seizure" Laxus demanded looking at them.
"We can't do anything, we have to wait for it to pass. Trying to hold her down could hurt her worse" Wendy said worriedly. Finally Lucy stopped shaking but she was out cold and looked exhausted.
"I am going to check on her, Laxus go and inform Makarov what has happened and tell him to come here. Wendy step outside for now until I call you back in, no one is to be in this room" Dr Asha ordered and they nodded leaving the room. Dr Asha looked over Lucy from top to bottom running all the tests she could before she sighed tears pricking in her eyes.
"You can come back inside now, I have finished" Dr Asha called and Wendy, Laxus and Makarov came into the room.
"So what happened, why did she collapse on the floor and then have a seizure?" Laxus asked.
"I have dire news, the Chemo that Lucy has been on isn't working, in fact it is making the cancer worse. I have never seen this but it seems that someone keeps injecting small doses of the cancer into Lucy. Because of this I want her room locked down only Wendy, Makarov and I are to come into the room. Someone is to guard the room, runes are to be put up. No matter what, no one else is allowed to enter the room. We need to stop the chemo as it is not going to work anymore, it will only make her worse" Dr Asha ordered her arms crossed over her chest.
"How....How long does she have?" Wendy questioned choking up with tears in her eyes.
"The percentage that she survives has been cut down, it's now only a five percent chance that she will survive this unless she has the magical transfer" Dr Asha answered.
"You didn't answer how long she has?" Laxus demanded looking at the doctor that was trying to dance around the subject.
"Without the chemo and not getting anymore cancer injected into her.....Maybe a week, two if she is lucky" Dr Asha sighed and the fairy tail members felt the floor drop out from under them.
"A-A week" Wendy whispered before her legs gave out making Laxus grab her before she hit the floor.
"She had more than a month but with the cancer injections and also the chemo making it worse so no longer has that time" Dr Asha sighed.
"I will get Freed to put the runes up, no one is to come into this room except for Dr Asha and Wendy, not even myself" Makarov decided before heading down to the Freed who came and made the runes making it so that no one would get into the room.
"Listen up everyone" Makarov yelled, making all the guild members stop talking and look at their master.
"It seems that Lucy, who as you know is suffering from Magical cancer has hit a critical stage, no one is going to be going into the room she is in now. Freed has written runes that will not let anyone but Wendy and Dr Asha through. If anyone is found to be trying to go into the room they will be questioned and punished severely, as it stands Lucy only has a week left with us, we should pray and hope that Natsu, Sting and Rouge get home soon" Makarov announced. Some people cried out in shock, some cried and others just sank to their knees in silence as the words that Makarov told them sunk in. They were losing their star, their happiness, their light and there was nothing that they could do but hope and pray.

Meanwhile
Natsu was determined to finish the last trial today no matter what happened he was going to get back with the key for some reason Natsu felt that Lucy needed him.
"Natsu Dragneel, are you ready for your final test?" Celestial king enquired looking at the salmon hair boy.
"I am ready let's get going, I don't know how I know but Luce needs me so I had to get this over and done with" Natsu said determined.
"I should inform you then that Lucy has been moved into critical condition and has been given a week to live, her vitals have gotten rough and her magic is starting to flicker. Once her magic is gone, her body will start to shut down and fade," Celestial king told him and Natsu froze.
"W-W-What?" Natsu asked, looking at the large celestial being, his eyes wide. He wasn't sure that he had heard that right.
"L-L-Lucy is....No, she can't....no" Natsu whispered as his legs gave out on himself and he sat on the ground looking ahead, his eyes not actually seeing.
"Natsu Dragneel," Celestial king tried but Natsu didn't answer back. Suddenly Natsu threw his head back with a large roar as flames burst out all around him making the king step back a little and look at the dragonslayer.
"NO! LUCY ISN'T GOING TO DIE NO, NO!" Natsu roared out, his hands in his hair pulling as he roared the fire getting bigger and brighter.
"Hm, he is reacting like this after finding out about Lucy's critical condition could it be....Yes it has to be, Natsu has awaken the dragon fury, a stage to a dragon slayer that happens when their mate is in danger therefore Lucy would have to be Natsu's mate and he would not be able to hurt her" Celestial king noted. Soon enough the flames around Natsu disappeared around him and he collapsed exhausted with tears flowing down his face as he cried.