Chapter 10: The key and a dragon

Natsu had just arrived at Fairy tail when Mira called out to Yukino and Angel came down the stairs making him blink a little.
"How is Lucy? Is she okay?" Natsu demanded looking at them.
"We managed to stabilize her for now and maybe give you another day but it's getting worse" Dr Asha said and Natsu's eyes went wide.
"Damn it I haven't even gotten one item yet and I haven't even seen the lacrima yet" Natsu cursed as his legs shook.
"Sting and Rouge just let me know that they have a celestial dragon lacrima" Laxus said as he walked down the stairs.
"Oh thank god" Natsu whispered as he sat on the floor.
"What's up with him?" Laxus asked.
"We just told him about how we got another day for Lucy. You forgot to tell him that You, Gajeel, Sting and Rouge had been looking for the dragon Lacrima" Mira said and Laxus blinked.
"I guess I forgot" Laxus shrugged looking away.
"Geez you're hopeless" Mira sighed, fondly shaking her head.
"Right, I need to see Luce and then Yukino can open this gate key while I go and get that dragon scale?" Natsu requested and they nodded as he headed upstairs.
"Hey Natsu, your back!" Lisanna smiled at the salmon haired boy.
"Not now Lisanna I have to go see Lucy" Natsu said brushing past the take over mage, not noticing the way that her eyes narrowed but a certain script mage did and she pursed her lips and decided to look into that soon enough.

"Lucy, I'm back" Natsu grinned as he walked into the room Lucy was in after Freed got rid of the runes to then be rewritten. Lucy looked at Natsu weakly but her lips twitched a little at the sight of the fire dragon slayer.
"I am going to be going soon. I promise I will be back sooner this time, I just need to find that celestial dragon and get a scale. Sting and Rouge are on their way back with the lacrima, just wait a little longer and I promise that we will be together forever" Natsu promised leaning over and gently kissing Lucy's forehead as he headed out of the room again.

"Are you ready Natsu?" Yukino asked as she held the key that Natsu had given her before he took a quick shower and also had something to eat and Natsu nodded.
"Yeah just a little longer and Lucy will be back to herself again. I am not going to let this happen to her. When I found out who did this to her, they are going to wish they were dead" Natsu stated seriously and Yukino nodded.
"Open gate of the hidden key" Yukino chanted as she put it up and instantly a golden glow went over Yukino making her blink a little.
"Choose one to enter this domain" a booming voice demanded.
"Natsu Dragneel," Yukino said with confidence.
"Very well" the voice said and then the glow surrounded Natsu before he disappeared.
"I hope that is what was meant to happen," Yukino said, looking down at the key and blinking. It had changed the end of it and now had the number one written on it as well as a little picture of Natsu.
"Please Natsu hurry" Yukino whispered before she walked to sit with Lucy.

Meanwhile Natsu opened his eyes groaning a little and shook his head and looked around to see he was on an island of sorts covered in fresh green grass and the sky was blue and it looked like there were other islands as well.
"Human what are you doing here" a voice demanded and Natsu looked up and froze a little seeing a steel black dragon.
"I am looking for the celestial guardian dragon," Natsu answered, his eyes narrowing, right now he didn't have time to worry about this dragon.
"Metalicana what is going on?" another voice enquired as a white dragon that looked more like a bird landed on the island.
"A pesky human is here," Metalicana sneered.
"Wait...Metalicana the iron dragon? Never mind that, just tell me where the celestial dragon is" Natsu demanded, glaring at the two dragons.
"Asking like that you will never get an answer" another voice said and Natsu turned and froze his eyes wide seeing a large red dragon with a cross scar under his eye.
"Igneel," Natsu whispered.
"Natsu? How did you get here you are not a celestial wizard" Igneel questioned blinking in shock.
"Look I want to tell you everything that happened and beat you for leaving. I also want to demand to know what happened but right now I don't have the time, just tell me where the celestial dragon is" Natsu said in a pleading voice.
"I am right here child" a smooth voice called and Natsu turned to see a dark blue dragon that also had different coloured spots over her in the shape of constellations.
"Good, now may I have one of your scales? I will rip it out if I have to" Natsu growled.
"Natsu," Igneel scolded, looking shocked.
"It is fine Igneel and Natsu there is no need for you to rip my scales out, I have already spoken to two others of your friends, Sting and Rouge I believe they were named. Your friend Sting even begged for me to give you one of my scales, it saddens me to see my children in pain. If giving up one scale is all I need to do to ease their pain then it shall be done" Starelle smiled.
"Starelle you know how dangerous that is" the white dragon, Grandeeny warned.
"I know it is dangerous but there is a girl, Lucy Heartfielia, she loves her spirits more than even I love my children and she needs this scale to heal her. Therefore I trust you with this Natsu, now hurry back Lucy is in grave danger as we speak. Time here is very different. It has already been three days" Starelle urged and Natsu's eyes widened before he grabbed the scale and Starelle placed a claw to his head making Natsu go back to Earthland.
"Who is this Lucy?" Igneel asked intrigued, after all he had never seen his son act like that.
"She is a celestial wizard that has taken Natsu's heart but she is dying of magic cancer because she has been poisoned. My children are enraged that their friend is hurting so and are already trying to find out who did it" Starelle explained with a soft smile.

When Natsu got back to the guild in a flash of gold he looked around instantly spotting Dr Asha and rushed over to her.
"I'm not late am I? Lucy is still, she is still" Natsu tried to get the words out.
"Yes, thank god, pass me the scale I need to get to work right now, Wendy come with me" Dr Asha yelled and they went straight up the stairs to Lucy. Porlyusica was already in the room waiting for them to start the operation.
"What took you so long, Natsu?" Happy asked.
"Time works differently there, like in the celestial world but instead of spirits, there are dragons," Natsu explained.
"Dragons?" Gajeel demanded looking at the fire dragon slayer.
"Yeah I saw Igneel, Grandeeny, Metalicana and Starelle, maybe Lucy will be able to summon them when she is better" Natsu said.
"Come and eat something Natsu" Mira tried but the fire dragon slayer shook his head and simply sat at the table, his eyes on the stairs waiting for any news on Lucy.