Chapter 5: The journey to Tejiuroma island

Natsu's POV
When I had planned to confess to Lucy after Mira and Erza helped me figure out my feelings for her I never expected for her to announce that she was dying. To start off I tried to be strong for her but she saw through that and I broke down. It wasn't fair. Why would someone do this to Lucy? She couldn't hurt anyone unless you hurt her or her friends. At the moment I was sitting on the train with Happy trying not to think of my motion sickness even though my face was green my mind was on Lucy. When I left her she looked sick even more than before I knew that the chemo wouldn't work. I don't know how I knew that, it was just a feeling I had but I knew that I had to get to Tenrou island and ask Master Mavis if she knew anything about the clear celestial key Lucy's life depended on it.
"Natsu we are at the magic council" Happy called and I nodded, managing to pull myself off the train.
"Should we get something to eat?" Happy asked, looking at me but I shook my head.
"No I am going to head straight to the council, we can eat once I have spoken to Mavis" I said and Happy nodded flying above me as I walked to the council.

"How may we help you today?" the frog at the reception desk asked.
"I need to see Doranbolt," Natsu replied.
"Natsu-san what are you doing here?" a voice asked and I turned to see Doranbolt there with Lahar making me sigh a little in relief as I didn't need to search everywhere for him.
"I need to talk to you" I said and he nodded before he led us to an office with Lahar following.
"What is it you need, Natsu-san?" Dorenbolt enquired.
"I need your help to get to Tenrou island" I stated while Happy nodded as he was sitting next to me on the chair.
"Will you help us?" Happy asked.
"The magic council does not just use their magic for favors," Lahar said, pushing up his glasses.
"Please I am begging you to help me please" I begged on my hands and knees and they looked at me shocked.
"Why do you need to get there Natsu-san?" Dorenbolt asked, shocked that I would beg him for his help.
"Lucy.....Lucy has magical cancer, I need to find a celestial key that leads to where another key is hidden to find the celestial guardian dragon. If I don't find that key I don't know if Lucy will survive so I am hoping Master Mavis would know something about the key but there are no boats that go to that island. I don't have the jewel to spare for a boat either since I am paying for Lucy's apartment at the moment, please we don't have much time" I explained looking at they desprit, if they didn't help me I didn't know what I would do.
"I'll take you" Dorenbolt decided and my head shot up looking at him in hope.
"Doranbolt" Lahar started.
"No Natsu-san needs my help and I want to help, no one deserves to suffer through magic cancer let alone Lucy-san, she is the most innocent person that I had ever met" Dorenbolt said glaring at Lahar and daring him to try and stop him.
"Thank you I have no words to....Just thank you" I thanked and he nodded.
"Let's get going, the sooner the better" Dorenbolt said and I nodded before grabbing his arm and Happy before he used his travelling magic and when I opened my eyes again we were on the island.

"I'll wait here. I am not a fairy tail member so I won't be able to find Master Mavis, when you are finished come back here and I will take you back to the council" Dorenbolt said and I nodded.
"Happy you check the sky, look around for the grave or Mavis" I ordered.
"Aye sir" Happy called as he flew up and I took off running into the under bush to try and find the first master as well. I had been running and looking around for Mavis for half the day. Happy had joined me with no good news so I had wiped my brow and continued to walk until we got to a running river.

"You try and fish for some lunch here and we can take a break here for a while but I will check around this area for a bit to see if anything is here" I said and he nodded, taking his fishing pole out of his backpack.
"Master Mavis if you can hear me please let us find you soon, if we lose Lushe I don't know what it is going to do to Natsu or the rest of the guild" Happy whispered as I walked off looking around. It was no use so I sat in the little area with Happy cooking the fish that he had caught.
"Mm that smells yummy" a voice said and we jumped before we whirled around and we saw Master Mavis there.
"Master Mavis thank god you are there I need your help" I said looking at the young girl that was not actually young.
"I already know what you seek Natsu, you seek a clear celestial key so that you may save Lucy, yes?" Mavis asked and I nodded.
"Do you know anything about the key? Perhaps where it is or something?" I questioned looking at her.
"I know of this key in fact me and two others were the ones that made this key and I do in fact know where it is hidden but you must understand there are trials that you must face and they will not be easy. It will be like nothing you have ever faced before" Mavis warned gravely.
"It doesn't matter I will find the key, I have to, I'm not going to let Lucy die" I said to her looking at her and Mavis smiled a little and nodded.
"I will transfer you there, once you find the key you will be released back into the guild hall but only you can go, Natsu. Happy is not allowed to go" Mavis said and I looked at Happy and he looked at me. 
Do it Natsu save Lushe, I will go back with Doranbolt and get Yukino there ready for when you return and also so that I can watch over Lushe" Happy smiled and I nodded and hugged him before he turned and left.
"I am ready Master Mavis" I said turning and she nodded before everything felt like I was floating and then everything went black.
"How do you think he will fair? Do you think I am sending another person to their death?" Mavis enquired.
"The boy is stubborn, reckless and most importantly he is in love with that Lucy girl, he will come out on top he may struggle and slip but they have a connection that is deeper than most. My worries lie with who gave Lucy the magic cancer" Zeref answered revealing himself as he was leaning against a tree and Mavis nodded.
"They are destined to be together, no matter what they have gone through it has been written in stone since their birth that they would be together" Mavis smiled slightly.

Third person POV
Wendy was sitting next to Lucy who had gone to sleep and was running a high fever but there was nothing that they could do, Wendy was only thankful that the day's chemo was finished.
"How is she doing?" Mira asked as she brought some more water up for Wendy and Wendy looked at her.
"There is nothing I can do to help her, she has to fight this off herself but with her body trying to fight the cancer off as well. I don't know how long this will last. The only thing we can do is give her some medication that Dr Asha left for us and hope Natsu comes back soon" Wendy sighed, placing a new cloth on Lucy's head.
"Natsu, please hurry we can all tell that Lucy is hurting and that the cancer is sucking the life out of her. She has barely eaten and when she does eat she throws it up, please hurry" Mira whispered tears in her eyes.
"Don't worry about it flame breath will be back in no time, him and blondie they have a connection that only dragon slayers would understand or dragons. He ain't gonna let Blondie die, come and rest, you two have been up for a while" Laxus called. The two girls were shocked at the worried crease in his brow and they nodded and left as Juvia and Gray took over.
"Gajeel, call up those twin dragon slayers and ask them to meet us here" Laxus ordered and the metal dragon slayer grunted before leaving downstairs.