Chapter 21: Training unlocking deeper abilities part two

"Gray-sama where are we going?" Juvia asked as they were walking up a snowy mountain so that they could train.
"We are going up the mountain to where Ur used to teach Lyon and I, we trained up here without distraction. When I was old enough I brought Ur's house and the land it is on, I intended to give it to Ultear but first I had to clean it up" Gray explained.
"Juvia will help Gray-sama" Juvia squealed, attaching herself to Gray making said boy sigh.
"Look Juvia if you really want my attention, stop clinging to me and stalking me, I think you're amazing but with you clinging to me you don't have a chance at getting me to like you. It's like how Lyon is with you except you are doing that to me" Gray said trying to get threw to Juvia. The striper had been intrested in Juvia but with her stalking habits and clinging to him squealing out 'Gray-sama' all the time, he didn't think they could be together.
"Juvia understands, she did not realise that she was annoying Gray-sam....Gray," Juvia whispered looking at the ground.
"You don't have to change how you talk or how you are Juvia but just don't cling to me so much, we are almost here" Gray said as he started to take his clothes off in habit.
"Yes Gray-sama, Juvia will do her best" Juvia smiled, picking up Gray's clothes for him as she ran after him since they started with an endurance run.

Both the water witch and ice wizard finished the run. They sat on an upside log each and Juvia decided to ask the question on her mind.
"Gray-sama why did we come up here where no one is or even not to a hotter place so we have to work harder?" Juvia enquired confused.
"Before my father died or when the necromancer died that was controlling him, he told me about how he had become a demon ice slayer so that he could take on END but since I know its Natsu I am not going to destroy END like my father wanted" Gray said.
"Are you going to become an ice demon slayer?" Juvia questioned, looking at Gray in concern.
"I am going to start, it isn't going to be easy but I still want to do it, if not to destroy END then to destroy or put the other demons of Zeref back where they belong. When I was a kid I was helpless against Deliora and I had to watch as I lost my parents and then Ur as well. I won't ever be like that again, I won't be able to master it in three months but I can get the groundwork and a few moves down" Gray explained looking at his hand.
"Juvia is going to become a full water elementalist" Juvia said.
"I thought you were already a water elementalist?" Gray asked, confused.
"No Juvia will become water and water will become Juvia, Juvia will be able to pull massive amounts of water out of the air and her body will become cold and pale" Juvia explained.
"Then we better get to work, we are going to come back stronger than ever and we will protect Lucy" Gray declared.
"We will protect Lucy-nee-chan no matter what" Juvia announced holding Gray's hand she had stopped being jealous of Lucy when she saw her sick with cancer as well as when Lucy and Natsu got together, now they were more like sisters than anything.

Meanwhile
"Push me harder" Natsu glared at Igneel who was training him, he wanted to get stronger he needed to get stronger to protect Lucy and fairy tail. Before he could dodge Igneel slammed his tail down on Natsu holding him down with it.
"I understand what you are going through Natsu, your mate is gone and the bond is not complete but pushing yourself to exhaustion is not going to do anything. You must calm down and start with the basics that you seem to have forgotten, you must become one with fire" Igneel ordered and Natsu sighed and clenched his hands knowing that what Igneel said was right.
"I want to protect her so much, if I can't protect her, if anything happens to Luce I don't think I will be able to go on living. I never thought I would love someone like this but I love her more than anything else in the world. I thought that Lisanna was the one I would marry when we were kids but then Lucy came. When I saw that stupid fake salamander trying to woo her I couldn't leave her and I brought her to Fairy tail. Then those stupid people tried to take Lucy back to her father I was so angry I just wanted to rip everything in my way apart. On Tenrou island Lucy got hurt right in front of me while I was helpless, I was ready to destroy the whole island" Natsu growled.
"That was the bond, I won't lie it's not going to get easier it will mellow out a little once you complete the bond but you will still get these overwhelming feelings of protectiveness. If you feel or if she is in danger all you can do is manage to control it. I still get protective urges over my mate knowing she is in danger and we have been bonded for thousands of years" Igneel explained.
"Wait, you have a mate?" Natsu asked as he looked up at his father confused.
"Yes I am mated to Starelle and we have been for thousands of years, before we continue to train I must tell you something that we did not want to speak to Lucy about yet" Igneel sighed.
"What is it?" Natsu questioned as Igneel's tail moved and Natsu sat up.
"When Lucy was born to Layla, Starelle was looking over them since Layla treated the spirits well and was the holder of the dragon realm key, Layla was a special person. But we soon found out Lucy was even more so, when she was born Lucy was born with white hair. She was very sick so much so that no one thought that she would survive more than a few days but she did. Layla cried and begged her spirits to help even going so far to bring the royal dragons like me, Grandeeny, Matellicana, Skiadrum, Weisslogia and Starelle but there was nothing that we could do. Capricorn even asked Layla to break his key to summon the celestial king but she refused to do that. She spent two whole days not sleeping or eating, just begging for someone to save her daughter while looking to the stars and something amazing happened. The celestial king came, instead of breaking a key to summon him he came to Earth land himself, he couldn't take his friend crying he decided to tie himself to Lucy saving her life turning her hair blonde and her life was spared. If Lucy dies at the moment before her twenty-first birthday the celestial king will fade and no longer exist and the celestial spirits will no longer be anywhere. They will all fade and disappear, including Starelle," Igneel told him.
"And what will happen to the other celestial mages and you guys?" Natsu asked, horrified at this news.
"We will be stuck in this world, the portal will be forced open once more, if this happens nothing will be able to stop Acnologia. Lucy has the ability to summon the king without a key and without breaking a key, you must protect her" Igneel said.
"No one is going to hurt Lucy, not again" Natsu vowed, clenching his hands.
"I still remember her tears when she cried about how she nearly had to break Aquarius's key. I won't let her lose any friends, not even that angry fish. Just tell me what to do Dad" Natsu growled and Igneel nodded before getting Natsu on his back and heading to a volcano.