Chapter 13: Reuniting with friends

A month later
Before anyone knew it a month had passed and Lucy continued to grow stronger with every day so everyone had stopped worrying so much and continued their own lives.
"I am glad you guys finally got together, everyone could tell you and Jellal were meant to be Erza" Lucy smiled as Erza blushed after telling her that the two of them were dating.
"We don't get to see each other a lot of the time but he calls me on a lacrima every night and sometimes when I am on missions he meets up with me" Erza explained.
"That's great I am so happy for you guys" Wendy grinned.
"And what about you, have you thought about asking Romeo out yet?" Lucy questioned Erza, looking at the sky dragon slayer who blushed as well and looked down.
"Romeo-kun asked me to go on a mission with him that starts tomorrow" Wendy squeaked, the other two girls squealed with another squeal joining them making them look to see Mira there.
"Oh this is great, Nalu, Jerza and Rowen. It's perfect, my matches are coming true all over the place, just imagine the beautiful babies" Mira gushed making them blush bright red.
"Settle down Mira you are getting too excited" Laxus said as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend who beamed at him.
"But can't you just see it, blonde haired babies with onyx eyes or pink haired babies with brown eyes, they will be so cute" Mira squealed.
"Oi my hair is Salmon not pink" Natsu argued and they all burst out laughing.
"It's time for my appointment, I'll see you guys later" Lucy said standing up, laughter still in her eyes.
"Want me to come with you?" Natsu asked.
"No it's fine, why don't you and Happy go fishing for some fish and I will cook it for dinner" Lucy suggested.
"Aye sir" Natsu and Happy chimed together smiling at each other.

Lucy walked to Dr Asha's office along the water way but she didn't balance like normal seeing as she was still having troubles with getting exhausted and muscle spasms from the poisons.
"Hey it's Miss Lucy, Miss Lucy," the two guys from the boat yelled and Lucy waved to them happily as they beamed waving big at her.
"How are you feeling today?" Dr Asha asked as Lucy settled into the chair in her office.
"I am actually feeling a lot better than most of the time, no muscle spasms since this morning and I didn't get tired walking to the guild and then from the guild to here" Lucy reported.
"Good you are getting a lot better, now we will do the normal exercises and testing. Then since I have decided that your core has stabilized and accepted your new magic, you can use your magic but try not to use too much of it" Dr Asha warned and Lucy beamed happily and looked at her keys that she had been carrying around just like normal, she would be able to finally talk to her friends again.
"Start with a silver key and work up to a gold key okay? But for now let's get your therapy done" Dr Asha said and Lucy nodded following her to the room they used for therapy.

"Okay start with a silver key" Dr Asha ordered and Lucy nodded, grabbing out Plue's key and summoning the little dog.
"Pun, puun, pun" Plue cried with tears in his eyes and raced to Lucy hugging her leg.
"I know I missed you as well. Plue I am sorry for worrying you guys" Lucy whispered as she picked him up and hugged him.
"Puun, pun, pun, puun" Plue said, hugging Lucy back as best as he could. Soon enough Lucy had given Plue some candy and he went back to the spirit world and Lucy knew who she wanted to summon next even if it was risky. Grabbing the gold key Lucy did the chant and waited and smiled as she saw her friend there.
"You little brat do you know how worried we all were?" Aquarius screamed but Lucy could see the tears in her first first friends eyes.
"I'm sorry Aquarius but I am much better now, I am recovering and my magic is getting better now" Lucy beamed before she went on about everything that happened making Aquarius watch her fondly. Lucy was stopped half way through talking about Natsu when the water bearer hugged her.
"You better stay healthy, if you do anything stupid I will make you regret it baka" Aquarius threatened before she smiled and left and Lucy beamed. Even though Aquarius acted mean and would shout all the time she truly did care of Lucy a lot and Lucy cared for her.
"Very good Lucy, now I am sure that you want to see all your friends again but you must go slowly. You also need to control your new magic, if you don't it could cause you a lot of trouble, since it is a dragon slayer magic perhaps you should ask your friends at the guild to help. The ones that are dragon slayers," Dr Asha suggested, happy to see her patient recovering so well both physically and mentily.
"So that means I can use my magic any time?" Lucy enquired and Dr Asha nodded.
"Yes but you must be careful not to overwork yourself, I don't want you to end up in here for magic depletion" Dr Asha said and Lucy nodded as they finished their session before Lucy headed back to her apartment. 

When she got there she was a bit surprised to hear yelling until she walked into the kitchen and she burst into laughter holding her stomach.
"Natsu, Happy what are you guys doing?" Lucy asked, making them look like they had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
"We just um well" Natsu tried too busy blushing to get the words out.
"Natsu wanted to do something nice and tried to make dinner for us but then Erza and Gray tried to help, they were in the lounge room" Happy explained as the two mages poked their heads in.
"It's fine I will finish cooking dinner, it looks pretty good" Lucy chuckled and Natsu pouted.
"You don't need to lie, Luce, I know it's terrible I will help you clean up" Natsu said upset.
"Natsu" Lucy said and the fire dragon slayer looked up only for Lucy to kiss him gently on the cheek.
"It's fine Natsu, I love that you done this for me, no one has ever cooked for me since my mother died. Well I had the cook but he was hired, even if he was like real family" Lucy smiled and Natsu beamed again and nodded going with Happy to wait for Lucy to finish up dinner.
"So how was your therapy today?" Happy enquired.
"Happy" Natsu scolded, they both knew Lucy didn't like talking about her therapy. At the start she was bitter about just how much it took out of her simply to walk so it hurt to talk about it sometimes.
"It's fine Natsu. It was actually really good, I'm sorry I know I have been a bit closed off lately and angry because of the therapy so thank you for being patient with me" Lucy thanked but they both waved her off saying that, that's what friends were for. Lucy's entire face lit up like before everything had happened making Natsu smile goofy. It was just like before Lucy had gotten cancer when she told them about her spirits.
"Dr Asha has cleared me to use magic now and the next therapy session will be my last so I am better. Now all I have to do now is to learn about my celestial dragon slayer abilities" Lucy explained happily.
"Happy and I will help you and I am sure Wendy, Gajeel and Laxus will help as well" Natsu said with a mouth full of food.
"Swallow before you talk" Lucy scowled, making Natsu swallow his food before giving her a toothy grin.
"Natsu and Lucy sitting in the tree K-I-S-" Happy teased cheekily.
"Shut up you stupid cat" Lucy yelled throwing a book at Happy making him dodge and snicker behind his hand.
"You three are just like a family" a voice complimented and we turned to see Erza laying on my bed in her sleepwear.
"Never thought Flame brain would be in a family of his own" Gray snickered who was in his boxers at my desk.
"Ah what are you doing?" Lucy yelled, getting up and grabbing her novel draft from him and kicking him.
"At least you're back to normal now huh Luce?" Natsu grinned and Lucy just shook her head but all three mages and the exceed could tell she didn't mind.

That night the group sat up talking and catching up, also speaking about the missions they would do once Lucy had finished mastering her ability, which then led to them speaking about how Lucy would learn about her Celestial dragon slaying magic.
"Well Wendy, Gajeel and I, all got raised by actual dragons but Laxus, Rouge, Sting and Cobra had lacrimas put into them. Then again Sting and Rouge were also taught by dragons and there is also you going into the dragon world to learn from the celestial dragon" Natsu noted.
"I couldn't do that, only a few minutes was three days in the dragon world. It's too risky. I have Crux looking up now if I can perhaps call the dragons out to our world but for now I don't have that choice" Lucy decided, shaking her head in dismissing the last option.
"Well Natsu, Gajeel, Wendy and Laxus could help you out and your spirits can as well. Freed can even put up runes so that you don't overdo it and so no one gets hurt" Erza said.
"That seems like the best idea Juvia and I are going on a mission near Sabertooth so we will drop in and ask Sting and Rogue any tips while Erza you can ask Jellal to ask Cobra" Gray said making the Scarlet haired woman blush and nod.
"I'll ask the others to help me but I won't force them to, after all they have already done enough for me" Lucy said shaking her head.
"For now why don't we sleep and let Crux finish looking up about the dragon realm" Erza offered and they all agreed and went to sleep for the night. Erza was in the spare room, Gray, Natsu and Happy out in the lounge room on couch's and Lucy in her bed. Half way threw the night Lucy groaned feeling her bed move and opened her eye before smiling a little seeing Natsu had cuddled up to her back hugging her closely and Happy was curled up beside her head and went to sleep. She would never admit it but she loved when Natsu and Happy crept into her bed it made her feel safe and warm like they would protect her even as she slept.