Chapter 9: A glowing pathway made of stars

"W-What the hell happened?" Sting groaned as he sat up a hand on his head while he used his other hand to light up where he and Rouge had fallen down.
"Rouge, you okay?" Sting called as he limped over to the shadow dragon slayer who groaned and sat up. Sting saw that he had hit his head and blood was running down his face.
"Damn hold still" Sting cursed before looking around and grabbing Rogue's cloak off and ripping a bit of material off to clean the head wound and then more to wrap around the wound.
"You didn't have to destroy my cloak" Rouge huffed and Sting chuckled a little, rubbing the back of his head.
"Sorry I panicked, you were and probably still are, bleeding. What do you think made us fall?" Sting questioned.
"No idea, the ground was stable so we must have tripped something. For now we can only look around down here" Rouge said and Sting nodded as they stood up with Rouge using Sting to get his balance back.
"This is going to be a pain to get back up once we find the lacrima, but for now we have to hope we find it" Sting noted before Rouge hit him on the head.
"Don't be an idiot of course we are going to find it" Rouge snapped while Sting rubbed his head.
"Of course" Sting agreed as they walked along in silence now.
"Sting, did you send out an orb of light?" Rouge questioned.
"No? Why would I do that? After all, we don't know what is in this cave" Sting reminded.
"Then what is that?" Rouge asked, pointing to where a glowing could be seen.
"Um.....I have no idea, the only way to know is to go and see" Sting shrugged and ignored Rouge's whispers to stop as he walked towards the light.
"Hey Rouge you gotta come and see this" Sting called and Rouge sighed wincing as his head throbbed but walked towards where Sting had gotten and when he walked in he froze mid step looking around at the glowing walls, floor and ceiling.

"What is all this stuff?" Sting asked, looking at the designs and Rouge looked closer.
"They are constellations, there thats Leo and that one is Virgo, this must be where the Celestial dragon made the celestial keys so we have to be close but I never thought that there was this many constellations" Rouge whispered looking around in awe and Sting grabbed a lacrima camera and started to take photos.
"What are you doing?" Rouge questioned.
"Well I am sure Blondie would love this and Yukino would be interested as well, they can't come since Lucy is sick and Yukino has to wait for Natsu to get back so I thought taking some photos would be as good as anything" Sting explained.
"What have you done with the real Sting? There is no way he would use his brain like that" Rouge stated, looking at his partner with a teasing smirk on his face.
"S-Shut up" Sting stuttered, a light blush over his cheeks as he looked away from the shadow dragon slayer. They walked further into the cave system following the path that the stars made for them.

Soon enough they came to a large hollow cave and they looked around trying to figure out what they were going to do now.
"There is nothing here, perhaps we need to go back and take a tunnel that doesn't have the stars," Rouge said, looking around.
"Who goes there?" a voice boomed, making the two dragon slayers instantly go into their fighting positions and get ready.
"Who goes there?" the voice boomed again.
"Sting Euffclif and Rogue Cheney," Rouge called out.
"Rogue Cheney and Sting Euffclif, what has brought you here to this sacred place?" the voice demanded.
"One of our dear friends is sick, we were told that this is the place where we will find the celestial dragon slayer lacrima" Sting replied.
"You are correct, this is the place you will find that lacrima. Tell me your friend would not happen to be Lucy Heartfielia would it?" the voice asked.
"Yes, how do you know?" Rouge demanded on guard.
"I am glad, I can hand the lacrima over and know that it will not be abused" the voice said and then the walls shimmered and both dragon slayers found themselves shocked to be looking at a dark blue dragon with white throughout it like the night sky.
"You are the celestial dragon," Rouge whispered.
"My name is Starelle and I have heard a lot about Lucy Heartfelia and about how she treats my dear children. I have had them come to me, begging me to help her but there is nothing that I can do. Only her friends can help her at the moment and while I wish to give you the lacrima there is one test that you must pass before this happens" Starelle explained.
"Please if it is no bother can we have one of your scales as well?" Sting blurbed it out.
"Sting" Rouge sighed at his friend's bluntness.
"I wish I could but this is a simple hologram of me projected from the lacrima to prove the person's worth" Starelle sighed.
"There is a friend of ours and Lucy's, he is named Natsu Dragneel, he has gone to find a way to get to you. Please when he gets to you, please let him have one of your scales without any delay. Lucy doesn't have much time left, she has been getting poisoned so she has been given less then a week to live, please I beg you" Sting begged looking at the hologram.
"When he sees me he may have a scale. I promise you that, for now you should focus on your own test, one of these stars holds the lacrima that you seek. You have one chance to guess which one it is and only one, take your time" Starelle explained and they nodded before looking around trying to figure it out.

"It wouldn't be in a constellation with the headache that I have I can't think like normal, think you can figure it out Sting?" Rouge asked and the holy dragon slayer nodded.
"Yeah I can figure it out you rest" Sting reassured as he looked around and studied the different stars.
"It has been three hours, have you found your answer?" Starelle enquired.
"Yeah I have, it's that star there" Sting said pointing to the one star that looked lonely, it was small and looked like the other stars had thrown it out but most importantly it smelt just like Yukino's spirits smelt.
"You are correct congratulations, I suggest you hurry, your friend has less time than you think with a traitor in the fairy tail guild" Starelle warned before she disappeared and a lacrima orb appeared in Sting's hand that looked exactly like Starelle's scales looked.
"Let's hurry Rouge, I have a bad feeling about this" Sting ordered and the shadow dragon slayer nodded as they hurried to get back to Fairy tail.

Meanwhile
Lucy was laying in her bed weakly as she opened her eyes, her once warm brown eyes were now blank and didn't have a spark in them at all and her once sunshine blonde hair was now dull and laid on the pillows around her.
"Lucy, how are you feeling?" Wendy asked as she saw the celestial mage was awake. Lucy opened her mouth to reply but all that came out was a gurgle before she started to cough making Wendy jump up her hands instantly going to Lucy's chest to keep her stable.
"DR ASHA" Wendy screamed and the older woman that had taken to staying in the fairy tail guild raced in her eyes widened before she quickly sat Lucy up. Wendy's magic was working to get the liquid out of Lucy's lungs so that she wouldn't drown.
"Get me the oxygen now, she can't breathe on her own her lungs are collapsing" Dr Asha yelled and Wendy grabbed it quickly and they hooked Lucy up making sure that she stayed sitting up.
"Lucy, can you hear me?" Dr Asha questioned and Wendy gently touched her hand making Lucy clench her hand around Wendy's hand, her lips trying to tug into a smile but it didn't work.
"Make sure she stays hooked up to the oxygen and also make sure she stays sitting up" Dr Asha ordered and Wendy nodded as Dr Asha walked out of the room and sighed, heading to Makarov's office where he and Laxus were sitting looking tired.
"Dr Asha what is it?" Makarov asked.
"We are running out of time Lucy's lungs are collapsing, she is going to be hooked up to oxygen 24 hours a day now. She is also in the early stages of kidney failure, I have done everything I can but...Lucy, if she does not start the magical transfer within two days then she will pass away. Her body is growing weaker. Whoever did this to her not only gave her cancer cells but also potions so her body would break down, if we don't figure something out she is not going to make it for the others to get back" Dr Asha explained.
"Take my magic" a voice yelled and they looked to see Yukino had burst into the office, her eyes wide in shock.
"What are you talking about?" Laxus asked.
"I have been researching it and with the help of my spirits, I now know that I can transfer some of my magic to Lucy. If I do this it may just give her the time that she needs, won't save her but it will be enough to keep her alive for now. Please, she is my friend. She showed me how precious my friends are when I tried to give them to her" Yukino whispered, bowing as tears gathered in her eyes.
"Come with me we will have to hurry, Laxus get Freed to change the runes to let Yukino in" Dr Asha said after thinking about what Yukino had said. It wasn't like it could hurt Lucy anymore since she was already dying.
"You can use my magic as well" another voice said and they looked up shocked to see Jellel, Meredy, Angel, Racer, Hoteye, Cobra and Midnight there.
"Jellal," Makarov said.
"We got your message about Lucy and we have been digging into the black magic community to find out who brought the cancer cells as well as the other potions. We couldn't find what she needed for the magical transfusion unfortunately" Meredy explained.
"You are a celestial mage as well" Yukino said looking at Angel and she nodded.
"Yes and I made a mistake that Lucy made me realise I mistreated my friends. I no longer use my celestial magic but if it helps her then I will use that type of magic again, I owe her that much" Angel said.
"Right let's go" Dr Asha ordered as she and the two celestial mages waited for Freed to change the runes and went into the room. Both Angel and Yukino had to hold in tears when they saw what the strong blonde had been reduced to. Dr Asha started the process of transferring the magic making sure not to take all of it only a bit for each of them so they could regenerate it.
"It has given us maybe another day, if we are lucky" Dr Asha whispered, shutting her eyes tears wishing to escape but she pushed them back.
"Yukino come quickly, Natsu is back" Mira yelled and their eyes widened before they rushed down the stairs.