Chapter 23: Reunion

Three months later
Three months had passed by before Lucy knew it, she had been all around Fiore trying to lay trails everywhere before she left a town to protect her friends. She had met with Jellal, Erza, Meredy and Ultear twice, both times they gave messages to Fairy tail and Natsu for her and they gave her the news that Jellal and Erza were now engaged making the celestial mage happy for her friends. Lucy had also been finding a lot more celestial keys, nearly two in each town since she was staying in forests and such so she had explored a lot and had lost her squeamishness from bugs and such.
"Soon, soon I will get to see them all again as well as Natsu and when we finally get rid of Acnologia then we will be able to be happy and the threats will finally be gone. Well not all of them but some of them" Lucy smiled to herself as she got onto the train to head to Magnolia and towards Fairy tail.

Soon enough the train pulled into Magnolia and Lucy got off the train and headed towards the guild hall, she couldn't wait to see everyone. Everyone else had already returned from their training trips since Lucy was a day late.
"Sorry for being late guys" Lucy yelled as she threw the door open.
"LUCE!" Natsu yelled and before Lucy could brace herself Natsu had tackled her to the ground and was kissing her.
"Oi flame brain, let us see her too" Gray yelled after Natsu pulled back and just nuzzled into Lucy's neck.
"Hey guys it's good to see you all," Lucy greeted, looking to see her friends had changed a bit.
"You decided to grow your hair out" Wendy noticed and Lucy nodded since instead of her shoulder length hair her hair now reached the small of her back, the front of the left side of her hair was out but the rest was up in a pony tail on the right side.
"I hope your ready, Acnologia will be coming for me in a week. He has managed to latch onto my magic signature" Lucy warned not beating around the bush anymore.
"How did he do that?" Erza asked and Lucy winced a little.
"I was late because he found me, I had Grandeeny heal me though the scars will be there forever" Lucy said moving her cloak she was wearing and showed her left arm that was scared with long gashes from Acnologia's claws.
"I'll kill him" Natsu snarled looking at the scars and rubbing his face over them and the dragon slayers knew that he was getting the scent of Acnologia off the scars and replacing the scent with his own.
"You can count on us Lucy, we will protect Magnolia" Bisca grinned, most of the fairy tail guild was going to be scattered around the town to protect the citizens. On the other side, Team Natsu, Juvia, Gajeel and Laxus would be with Lucy to go against Acnologia.
"I have been putting up barriers to keep the town safe for this fight," Freed said.
"I will protect the buildings and will not allow that dragon to hurt my children" Makarov promised and Lucy beamed at them all.
"Thank you, all of you," Lucy smiled.
"You don't need to thank us" Cana hiccuped, she had obviously been drinking already.
"Yeah we are family" Mira grinned.
"Yeah we are family but I still want to thank you guys, all this time we have been together, all the hardships and heartbreaks and you have never left me alone. You guys truly are a real family" Lucy said and they all looked to be in tears.
"Lisanna and Levy have been getting better but they are still under watch so they are going to be with Sabertooth when Acnologia comes" Mira told Lucy.
"I am glad that they are okay," Lucy sighed, she had already heard of the state that they were found in as well as the permanent injuries that they had gotten.
"Lets go Luce, we have catching up to do" Natsu grinned as he dragged her to the bar where Mira gave her a strawberry milkshake. 

Everyone was having a party and celebrating that fairy tail was no longer split up, also knowing that this could be the last time they partied together they all wanted to make the most of it. In the early hours of the morning Lucy finally headed home with Natsu, his arm around her shoulders, since he looked ready to pass out. Happy was already asleep in a large basket with Carla and Lily.
"I am glad that you are here now Luce" Natsu sighed nuzzling into her neck once they reached Lucy's apartment.
"I am also glad to see you again and when we finally get rid of Acnologia I look forward to becoming Mrs Dragneel" Lucy said and Natsu smirked at her before reaching into his pocket.
"I promised you a real ring so let me do this the right way, will you Lucy Heartfielia make me the happiest man in this world by becoming my mate for life?" Natsu asked and Lucy gasped looking at the ring. It was made of silver but there was a dark pink diamond and a bright yellow topaz on it looking to be swirling around each other like yin and yan and on the ring was the words 'mates for life'.
"Not for life but all eternity because even if I die, I will find you again and again I will never leave your side even if I have to find you over and over again, I will always find you" Lucy vowed as she kissed Natsu deeply as he slid the ring on her finger and took control of the kiss.
"I promise you Luce I will never leave you and I will forever search you out" Natsu vowed and Lucy smiled happily as they fell asleep in each other's arms.