Chapter 16: Surprise attack

"Lucy, Natsu your back" Mira whispered and instantly the two raced over to the white haired take over mage yelling for Happy to go get Laxus, who nodded and flew out.
"Mira what happened, who did this?" Lucy demanded seeing her friend hurt and on the ground.
"I-I didn't see them. They came in and the lights all went out. All I could feel was the pain we all tried to fight back, they were trying to find something and to destroy Fairy tail. Master is gone to a conference so he wasn't hurt" Mira explained coughing, it seemed her throat had been bruised.
"Just rest for now, Laxus will be here soon and I am sure Gajeel and Wendy will come as well" Lucy whispered while gently running her hand through Mira's hair to comfort her. Natsu got up and checked on Reedus, Evergreen, Freed, Bixlow, Gray, Romeo, Maco and a few other guild members that were passed out on the guild floor.
"What happened?" Laxus yelled as he threw the door open and his eyes widened at Mira and he raced over, not caring for anything just wanting to make sure that his mate was okay.
"She is fine, we need to get the injured upstairs to the infirmary so that they can get treated. Natsu, I am going to go and get Polysuchia, we need someone to treat them. Wendy can't handle them all," Lucy ordered as the rest of the guild turned up and started to help out.
"Be careful, the people who did this could still be out there" Natsu warned.
"I know, I will be fast but right now we need everyone we can at the guild, at least until master comes back and Erza is on a mission as well, so take care of them" Lucy said. "I will Luce" Natsu promised gently pecking her lips as Lucy turned and left out of the guild doors unknowing that two mages saw her leave and smirked following after her. 

'I need to hurry if I don't, their conditions could worsen, after all I noticed that there was poison in the cuts that Mira and Gray had, but there could have been more people that had been poisoned' Lucy thought as she ran glad for the training that she had unwent now. Lucy's instincts kicked in when she felt something was wrong and she jumped out of the way for the attack and spun to face her attackers and froze.
"Lisanna......Levy what is going on?" Lucy demanded and they scoffed.
"As if you don't know. you should have just died from that stupid cancer we gave you" Lisanna spat.
"What do you mean?" Lucy asked not believing what she was hearing.
"Are you really that stupid? Lisanna was the one that gave you the magic cancer and I was the one that gave you the potion to collapse your bodies. It was all going according to plan until that magic transplant" Levy glared.
"Why? Why would you do this? I never did anything to you, you were my best friend Levy and I welcomed you with nothing more than warm arms. And Lisanna, why would you do this?!" Lucy yelled, she didn't want to believe what they were telling her.
"Isn't that obvious? Ever since you came to the guild more and more people got hurt, the whole guild was demolished because of you running away from your father. Then when I finally find someone that likes me, he doesn't even look my way. He was always teasing you, laughing with you, doing missions with you" Levy spat out.
"Ever since I came back Natsu never even looked my way, no matter what I did he always talked about you. It was like he had forgotten all about me but now we will get rid of you and we will finally have what is rightfully ours. The guild will go back to normal and Natsu will be mine and Gajeel will finally love Levy" Lisanna sneered and Lucy looked at the ground, her fringe covering her eyes since she had grown her hair a little longer and she shook in rage.
"For such a pathetic reason you decided to try and take my life? A life you had no right to try and take, the amount of pain I went through. You have no idea what it felt like! Having that poison go through my body because of the cancer, laying there with all my friends crying and I couldn't do a thing to help them and you do this because of two boys" Lucy hissed looking up and glaring at the two mages in front of her.
"Gajeel only sees me as a sister, nothing more. While you were afraid of him at the start I didn't care, I turned and made friends with him while you were too frightened and kept putting Juvia down, Levy. Of course he isn't going to look at you when you treat someone he sees as a close friend like that and Lisanna. When I heard about you from Mira I wished I could change what had happened so the pain that everyone felt wouldn't be there but I couldn't. Natsu has made it obvious that you are nothing more than a sister and friend in the guild so instead of trying to understand that you decided to try and ruin my life. How could you!" Lucy yelled as her fist started to glow yellow with her celestial dragon power.
"Tch you don't know anything, once you are out of the way Natsu will love me, just like when we were kids. Then we will get married and be happy from now, so just die" Lisanna screamed as she tried to scratch Lucy with her cat take-over claws but Lucy dodged, grabbing her arm and looking her dead in the eyes.
"Shut up" Lucy snarled and instantly hit Lisanna with her bare fist making the take over mage stumble back holding her nose that was gushing blood.
"Levy" Lisanna ordered and the script mage nodded and before writing darkness in the air. While Lisanna attacks, distracting Lucy long enough for the script spell to hit Lucy, making her vision go black.
"That isn't going to help" Lucy growled, reacting instantly dodging Lisanna's attack and kicking her into Levy who had started to write another spell.
"How? You shouldn't be able to see anything" Levy growled.
"I don't need to see you to beat you, after all I am a dragon slayer now and I know everyone in the guilds smell, including yours so there is no where for you to hide" Lucy explained.
"Celestial dragon wing attack" Lucy yelled using her first magic spell but both of the other mages dodged.
"Celestial dragon roar" Lucy roared.
"Barrier" Levy chanted protecting both herself and Lisanna.
"Celestial stars" Lucy said and instantly sparks of light seemed to come off Lucy but as soon as they touched something they exploded making the two mages go fly back even with the shield.
"Let's get out of here for now, don't think this is over Heartfilia, we will be back and you will die" Lisanna snarled as she turned into her bird take over and took Levy away making Lucy angry.
"Celestial dragon roar" Lucy roared aiming for the sky but she didn't hit them as they got away.

"I need to make my way to Polysuchia's" Lucy whispered, remembering her injured guild mates. Since she couldn't see anything she searched for the tree nearest to her.
"Lucy" a voice called.
"Loke, is that you?" Lucy asked as he grabbed her hands.
"It's me princess, we felt your power spike so I decided to come and see what was going on. I saw you had it handled so I didn't butt in but now I think I should have. Come I will lead you to Polysuchia until you get your sight back" Loke explained, taking Lucy's hands gently.
"Thanks Loke" Lucy smiled as they continued to the pink haired woman's house.