Chapter 24: Final show down to live or die

For the rest of the week the guild members spent time with each and every person they cared for after all they were going against a dragon and some people might not make it though they all had prayed that everyone would make it out alive. All the wizards were on high alert and the people of Magnolia could tell that their magic guild was acting weird. When they heard the large ear splitting, earth breaking roar they all knew that fairy tail would be there for them. Instead of panicking they listened to the mages getting inside the magical barriers that had been put all around with a few mages in each barrier to make sure that they stood.
"Lucy Heartfielia, I have come to finish you once and for all" Acnologia declared.
"Over my dead body, you ain't touching Luce at all" Natsu yelled his skin already getting scales from going to dragon force. Erza had requiped to her nakagami armor, Gray had already made an ice sword, lightning was dancing around Laxus, Gajeel had gone into dragon force for both shadow and iron dragon slaying and Juvia was ready to attack at a moment's time, Wendy was staying in the guild ready to heal when someone hurt came to her.
"Pesky bugs, I have no quarrel with you" Acnologia sneered and that was when the members of Fairy tail heard the scared screams.
"What did you do?" Lucy demanded, glaring at the black and blue dragon.
"Zeref's demons shall take this town while I destroy you and then the world will bow before me" Acnologia roared with laughter.
"You guys go, I will deal with him" Lucy decided.
"No I am not leaving you side" Natsu protested while the others thought about it before they saw the demons. There was Lullaby, Deliora and two other demons they had not seen before.
"You guys go and handle it, make them disappear" Lucy ordered and Gray, Juvia, Laxus, Erza and Gajeel nodded, splitting off. Gray and Juvia together, Laxus and Gajeel together with Erza joining up with Mira to fight the demons while Makarov was already taking one on.

"Are you ready for this Natsu?" Lucy questioned. "Do you even need to ask? Happy give me a lift" Natsu yelled.
"Aye sir" Happy yelled as he flew down picking up Natsu heading for Acnologia.
"Open gate of the archer Sagittarius, star dress" Lucy chanted as she took on Sagitarius's star dress as well as having the spirit there, both of them aiming there bows and charging them with magical energy before letting it go attacking the dragon from a distant to start with.
"This is going to take all we have, are you guys ready?" Lucy asked, looking at her spirit.
"Yes indeedy Miss Lucy we are ready" Sagittarius nodded and she nodded pulling the bow back charging magical energy into the bow making an arrow and they let it fly and hit Acnoglogia who roared as Natsu also hit him with flames at the same time. There was no damage done to the dragon and Natsu had to dodge out of the way as Acnologia's tail came up and nearly hit the salmon haired boy out of the air. Lucy at the same time dismissed Sagitarius before summoning Loke and dashing along the ground towards the dragon.
"You are the Heartfilia brat, once I get rid of you there will be nothing in my way" Acnologia roared as he went to use a roar attack to get rid of Lucy but Natsu counted it with his flame dragon roar. The fight continued to rage on, Lucy sometimes switching spirits and using all different star dress styles as well as using her new dragon slaying magic. Natsu was throwing all the fire he could even going as far as to attack with his dragon slayer secret arts but the dragon was barely getting a scratch on him.
"Damn he is a tough lizard" Natsu growled glaring at the dragon.
"He is tough but there is something that I can do," Lucy said, pulling herself up from where she had dodged Acnologia's last attack.
"You can't be thinking of using that Princess" Virgo protested with her normally emotionless eyes wide.
"I am going to try don't worry, Virgo please hold Natsu back" Lucy ordered.
"What are you talking about Luce?" Natsu asked.
"Of course princess" Virgo bowed and she wrapped the chains around her wrists around Natsu holding him still.
"Lucy, what are you going to do?" Natsu demanded looking at his mate.
"Something that I was taught while training, Natsu I love you" Lucy answered with a bright smile making Natsu's eyes widen. It was like she was saying it for the last time.
"Luce don't do this, we can do this together" Natsu yelled, struggling against Virgo but it made no difference to the celestial spirit who held him.
"Acnologia" Lucy roared as she walked into the area before him, making the dragon look down at her.
"So she shows herself, those attacks were weak and there is no way for you to beat me" Acnologia taunted, sounding as if he was laughing.
"You're right, those attacks won't hurt you after all you were once a wizard. You know how to deflect the magic as well as you being a dragon makes your skin twice as tough but you are wrong, I can beat you and I am going" Lucy declared as she started to glow gold and started to float in the middle of the air.
"I will protect my friends and I will not let them suffer anymore, I am not letting their parents leave them again and making them cry. Ever since I joined Fairy tail I thought I was nothing more than a burden. A lot of the problems that Fairy tail had were because of me, because I wasn't strong enough but they still stood by me. In just this year I have been threw hell but my friends stayed by my side and held my hand, they saved my life so I will not let them suffer anymore, even if it cost me my life" Lucy screamed as more golden light shimmer and condensed around Lucy as she threw her head back and scream as cuts started to appear all over her legs and arms as well as her torso.

"Luce? LUCY!" Natsu roared his struggles getting even more violent making Virgo lose grip until Loke appeared and grabbed Natsu's arms as well.
"Stop it Natsu she has to focus" Loke snapped.
"How could you let her do this? Something is wrong, that spell is too powerful" Natsu demanded.
"You think I don't know that? That we all don't know that?" Loke roared and Natsu was taken back seeing the lion spirit had tears in his eyes.
"We already know how powerful it is, but we can't stop her because this is her choice. The magic that she is calling on has never been used by anyone other than the celestial king but I have faith that Lucy will live through this, that she will come back to us" Loke said and Natsu clenched his hands.
"She will, Lucy is the strongest person I know, she is not all that physically strong but the love and care that she has is true strength, she will come back to us" Natsu declared, determined even when he stood there feeling hopeless. All of the Fairy Tail looked up at the bright and golden beam of light with Lucy in the middle of it feeling a warm and comforting feeling washed over then even Lisanna and Levy who were still recovering at the Sabertooth guild felt it.
"Celestial mage ultimate magic: Divine judgement" Lucy roared out as she put her hand up the golden beam of light condensing into a large sword that was over Lucy's head before it started to descend on Acnologia. Just as it touched his scales Acnologia let out a roar of pain before turning and thrusting his arm up the claw slamming straight into Lucy's stomach making her gasp and scream in pain. Acnologia started to turn to ash until there was nothing left meaning that the fight was finally finished. With nothing holding her up Lucy started to fall making everyone scream in shock but Natsu was already running for her jumping and holding onto her tightly turning so his back was the one that hit the ground.

"WENDY!" Natsu screamed and Carla came carrying the sky dragon slayer.
"Come on Lucy it's going to be okay, just stay with me, come on keep those eyes on me" Natsu cried, tears streaming down his face as he saw that Lucy's skin was pale white and her eyes were dimming, the large gash in her stomach bleeding a lot over the cobble road they were on.
"LUCY DON'T LEAVE ME!" Natsu roared in agony.
"Its.....Its....Okay" Lucy whispered, reaching her hand up for Natsu before she coughed blood coating her mouth and chest.
"Hold on Lucy" Wendy pleaded  as she dropped next to Lucy, her hands glowing blue, already trying to heal the wound.
'I'm sorry guys, I wish we could have gone on more adventures together' Lucy thought as her eyes slid shut.