Chapter 18: A visit from the parents

One Week Later
"You guys ready for this?" Lucy questioned as she looked at Wendy, Sting, Rouge, Natsu and Gajeel and they nodded. It had been a week since the attack on Lucy and the guild but they had healed and were keeping an eye out for the two mages that had betrayed them. Now though Lucy was finally well enough to call, dragons threw the key instead of having to go through the key to them. Her first summons were going to be the parents of her friends, they had waited long enough to meet their parents and to find out why they decided to disappear or fake their deaths in Rouge and Sting's case.
"We are ready Luce but if it becomes too much-" Natsu started.
"Natsu I will be fine don't worry" Lucy reassured while shaking her head. Natsu had been on edge and over protective of her ever since the attack. Luckily Gajeel and Laxus had explained to her that with the bond she had with Natsu his dragon was on edge not liking the fact that his mate was in trouble. The bond also had not yet settled, yes they had marked each other but they had not yet physically connected so that was making Natsu a little edgy.
"Open gate of the dragon realm, come Grandeeny, Weisslogia, Skiadrum, Igneel, Metalicana and Starelle," Lucy called as she had a golden light around her. The six dragons appeared though they were not as big as normal since they were only as big as a small one bedroom house. The dragons came with their own magic, not Lucy's, hence why she was able to summon six. All she had to do was have the magic ability to open the portal and close it again so she was basically a key to the gate that was holding the dragons either in the Dragon World or Earth Land.

"G-Grandeeny?" Wendy enquired looking at the white feathered dragon.
"Wendy my child look at you, all grown up" Grandeeny smiled and Wendy instantly rushed to her 'mother' and hugged her front making Grandeeny curling her head down and nuzzling her drakeling.
"I am glad to finally meet you Lucy Heatfeilia, your friends and mate care dearly about you as well as my children. Leo the lion has a special fondness for you and I owe you my eternal thanks" Starelle said as she bowed her head to the celestial mage.
"W-What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to be thanked for, my spirits are friends and they deserve as much respect as anyone else" Lucy blushed.
"I know but I have watched my children suffer greatly, both you and your mother Layla are and were great mages that deserve everything you want. Layla would be very proud of you Lucy" Starelle said.
"You knew my mother?" Lucy asked, looking at the dragon who nodded.
"When your mother was alive she kept the dragon realm key activated so we were free to roam from the dragon realm to the human realm. When she sadly passed on the key was locked and lost once more, forcing the dragons back to their realm though at the same time it was good timing. There was a war brewing and with us sent away and him put into an eternal sleep the humans would live in peace" Starelle explained.
"Who is he?" Lucy enquired curiously.
"Arcnologia, the apocalypse dragon" Starelle spat.
"May I ask what is so bad about him?" Lucy questioned, looking at the celestial dragon.
"He was once a human like your Natsu or the other dragon slayers but he did not have his dragon to place a part of themselves, into him to stop the dragon transformation. In fact when the last apocalypse dragon tried to do this to save his son, Arcnologia slayed him and took his place. He has killed hundreds of thousands in a blood bath all because he felt like it" Starelle told her and Lucy's eyes widened.
"But he is awake now, I mean he awoke when we were on Tenrou island about eight years ago. He tried to attack us so Master Mavis put a spell over us to save us but we went into a sleep for seven years," Lucy explained and Starelle's eyes widened.
"That is not good, you must be careful he will be after you Lucy, you must close the dragon realm portal again once we leave. If you don't he will destroy this world, if you close the portal he will be forced to once again sleep and you will be safe" Starelle demaded.
"And what will happen if I don't?" Lucy asked.
"You must listen, if you die while in possession of this key and its open the key will disappear and the worlds will forever be joined. He will wreak havoc threw both worlds but he can't kill you himself so be on guard" Starelle warned and Lucy's eyes widened as something clicked in her mind.
"Does.....Does he have the ability to control people?" Lucy questioned, holding her breath.
"Yes he does, he can bring out the evil in the purest of people so long as they have the smallest speck of darkness" Starelle replied and instantly Lucy's knees gave out and she sat on the ground that had Natsu rushing over.

"Natsu there is a chance that Levy and Lisanna are being manipulated, think about it if Arcnologia wanted me to be killed but couldn't do it himself then he would use people close to me. With the magical cancer I had, we were forced to open the gate once again to save me, he knew my friends weren't going to let me die no matter the price. He made it perfect but he didn't realise the amount of power I would have and hoped that Lisanna and Levy had the ability to kill me but they didn't, we have to help them" Lucy pleaded.
"You don't understand Lucy, the first thing you should do is close the dragon realm key" Starelle tried.
"No, these guys have lost their parents once before and the dragons have lost their children before, I won't take that away from them again. Even if I wanted to be safe I couldn't close the portal because then Arcnologia would be after me anyway, after all I would be in the way. He could kill me and then wait for another celestial mage to open the portal and have his plan come to fruition. Acnologia is patient, we can't just get him to sleep, we need to deal with him and I think I have an idea" Lucy said while planning in my mind.
"Luce, are you sure about this?" Natsu asked, grabbing her hands and Lucy looked at him, seeing the concern in his eyes.
"I promise Natsu, I won't leave the guild hall without someone with me and you and Happy can continue to stay in my apartment, we need to come up with a plan though" Lucy promised.
"Leave that to us" a voice called out and we looked to see Erza, Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, Laxus, Mirajane, Evergreen, Bixlow, Freed and Elfman there.
"Lisanna is our sister, we will get her back so leave her to me and Elfman" Mirajane said.
"I will get Levy back" Gajeel decided.
"Freed, Bixlow, Evergreen and I will focus on training the rest of the guild and coming up with the battle plans" Laxus declared.
"I am going to get onto Jellal and go with him, Meredy and Ultear to try and find out where Acnologia is, their connections will help" Erza said.
"We need to be careful about this, if he suspects something he will wipe us out" Lucy said.
"You are crazy, trying to go against Acnologia is a death wish," Grandeeny warned.
"This is too dangerous even for you Gajeel" Metallicana huffed.
"Look, you may be our parents but we are our own people. We have grown up and been through a lot of things, we aren't going to run from this. Not when Lucy's life is on the line, I would like Acnologia to try and get to Luce with me here" Natsu snarled, his voice sending a shiver down everyone's spines.
"Then I guess I will step in and unlock your true abilities" another voice said and they all turned and saw Mavis and Zeref there.
"Master Mavis" we all said except for Sting and Rouge who were simply watching after all they knew that Mavis was there but couldn't see her.
"I am sorry for Acnologia, he is once again one of my problems that you are trying to clean up" Zeref sighed.
"Did you know he would be this bad? Or that any of the monsters that you made, would be the way they are?" Gray questioned and we knew he was talking about Deliora, the monster that killed his parents and made him lose his master.
"My monsters and demons were never meant to hurt people, in fact they were not meant to be active without my say so. I have created them for them to kill me, I am immortal and will not die because of a curse, I never intended to hurt anyone else but myself. I have been taking care of the rest of the monsters and getting rid of them one by one but I apologise for all you have lost and lay myself at your feet to do with me what you wish" Zeref bowed on his knees to Gray who looked a bit taken back, in fact they all were.
"Help us defeat Acnologia and I will call it even" Gray decided and he nodded.
"Very well then I think that it is time I tell you the truth about Natsu Dragneel, I never should have kept this for so long anyway" Zeref sighed as they all got comfortable so that Zeref could explain.