Chapter 19: The truth of Natsu Dragneel, END and the harsh decision

"It starts out when I was just creating my demons. I created something powerful so powerful I hid it away in a book END. As you know Tararos was after this book but thanks to you it was returned to me by Mavis" Zeref started.
"What has this got to do with me?" Natsu asked.
"Patience, END is only the shortened name of the demon, the full name is Etherious Natsu Dragneel and he is my brother. You are my brother Natsu" Zeref announced, making everyone freeze in shock.
"W-W-Wait a minute" Natsu stuttered, completely shocked.
"When we were children you were sickly and not very strong so I enhanced you with magic, you got stronger and no longer had to worry about getting sick and dying. At the same time I never taught you to control these abilities so you wreaked havoc all over Fiore back then but I could see that you were angry and sad all at the same time. It was towards yourself, you hated hurting humans but your abilities, the ones I gave to you were out of control so when I finally perfected it I sealed that ability away as well as your memories. I decided to give you to a normal family since you were only a little boy still since you never aged but then Igneel saw you and he told me that he would raise you and teach you fire dragon slaying. He assured me that you would grow up a happy child. Of course I never found out about the dragons until recently when I left Tenrou island where I hid myself away to stop hurting everything around me" Zeref explained.
"I-I need time to think this through" Natsu said trying to get around the fact that he was Zeref's brother and that he was a demon.

"Natsu" Lucy called, making the salmon haired boy turn to her.
"It doesn't matter who your family is, whether it is Igneel or Zeref it doesn't matter because no matter what they say you aren't END. You aren't a demon of destruction, you are Natsu Dragneel of Fairy tail, our fire dragon slayer, that is all there is to it. If you want to get your memories back that is fine, if you don't then so be it that is all up to you" Lucy smiled squeezing Natsu's hand and he squeezed back before hugged her tightly drinking in her smell of strawberry, vanilla and something else that he put down to her being a celestial dragon slayer now.
"I want to stay as I am for now, I want to get to know you Zeref as my brother but I don't want to change who I am because of magic power or memories. That is not who I am, this here is me, Natsu Dragneel son of Igneel the fire dragon king and as Luce said, that is all there is to it" Natsu grinned as he stood proud and Lucy beamed at him realising that this wasn't going to hold him down.
"We have much training to do now, Natsu" Igneel said.
"The same does for the rest of us, if you want any chance of beating Acnologia a lot of training is needed" Metalicana huffed.
"I am going by myself" Lucy declared as she stood up.
"What?" Natsu yelled followed by the rest there.
"Acnologia is going to be tracking me, looking for me. So while I am training I'll move around, all over Fiore if I have to. The more people with me, the more risk of getting caught so me, my spirits and Starelle are going to be training on the go while you guys stay here train with your dragons or improve your magic" Lucy explained.
"Luce" Natsu whispered as he placed a hand on the blonde's cheek and she turned nuzzling into the hand and smiled at him.
"I wouldn't say this unless I knew this was for the best, I have only just come back from our training trip but I can't sit by when everyone here is in danger because of me. Not again, this time I am going to do something about it but I will need your help though" Lucy said.
"Of course," Gray said.
"Spread around in different towns that I have moved away from Magnolia and that I have left Fairy tail. This means that no one will be able to contact me. That includes you, Natsu, Happy" Lucy said and Natsu's eyes widened in shock.
"W-What?" Erza stuttered.
"If he believes I have left Fairy tail then he won't bother you guys and you will be able to train in peace and on the down low we need to be smart about this. I will be able to send letters through the dragons hopefully as well as Jellal if I run into him, other than that no contact" Lucy said.
"But yours and Natsu's bond" Starelle protested and Lucy looked down and looked to be in pain.
"It is going to hurt a lot being away from him and not completing the bond but as soon as we do he will know. We have already decided to wait for a little more before finishing the bond" Lucy explained.
"So you're just going to leave?" Mira asked.
"Not forever but for now yes" Lucy nodded.
"Your guild mark?" Natsu questioned, looking heart broken.
"Covered with make up as well as the courtship mark you gave me, I will train as much as I can and we will come back together" Lucy promised before hugging Natsu close to her.
"You will have around three months before Acnologia gets impatient, that is how long you have to train" Skiadrum told them and Lucy nodded.
"We will be done by then.....I guess this is goodbye for now then" Lucy said looking at her best friends and boyfriend.
"You better be okay, got it?" Gray demanded as he hugged Lucy. One by one they all hugged Lucy, whispering their goodbyes and asking her to be careful, Natsu was the last one left and they all decided to leave the two lovers to say goodbye by themselves.

"Natsu?" Lucy questioned looking at the fire dragon slayer who was looking down, his hair covering his eyes.
"I don't want this Luce.....But I know that we have to do this" Natsu whispered tears streaming down his face as he hugged Lucy tightly.
"I know I don't want to either but to protect you and Fairy tail it will only be for a bit, I promise," Lucy promised, tears also streaming down her face now. Natsu pulled back and grabbed Lucy's chin and pulled her up since Lucy was shorter than Natsu and kissed her gently letting all his love and passion for her show in that one kiss. When they pulled away because they needed to breathe, Natsu slid something onto Lucy's finger making the blonde mage look down. On her left ring finger was a plastic ring that kids normally get for toys.
"I promise you Luce when you get back I will have a real ring for you when I do, will you Lucy Heartfielia make me the happiest person in the world and become Lucy Dragneel?" Natsu asked on one knee and Lucy teared up.
"Yes, yes, yes, of course" Lucy cried as she hugged Natsu kissing him once more.
"I promise I will be back Natsu so you better be ready" Lucy promised.
"I will be, make sure to stay safe" Natsu said and Lucy nodded smiling a little before she turned and walked away to go and pack, tears still streaming down her face. Natsu stood there watching her walk away determined he was going to get stronger then ever before to protect Lucy so she wouldn't have to do this ever again. Once they dealt with Acnologia he and Lucy were going to get married and she would never have to worry about this ever again.