Chapter 6: The first trial, brute strength

Natsu opened his eyes and looked around, seeing that he was in the middle of a field but it didn't look like a normal field for some reason.
"State your name boy" a loud voice boomed and Natsu looked around but didn't see anyone.
"My name is Natsu Dragneel," Natsu called out.
"Ah Natsu, one of Lucy's friends, tell me, human, why have you come here?" the same voice demanded and Natsu looked to see the Celestial King there.
"I'm here seeking a key that is clear, you know the key I am after, Master Mavis sent me here to pass some trials" Natsu yelled.
"Yes I know the key you speak of, many have tried to find it, many have tried to steal it but none have succeeded. Hopefully you will be the first to pass the tests. You should also know that one day in here is three in the outside world so if you wish to save Lucy you must be fast, shall we begin the first test?" Celestial King asked.
"Bring it on," Natsu said confidently.
"The first test is that of strength, you are to battle the warriors that have been chosen. Losing to one warrior will result in your failure, there are six warriors in total. Are you ready for them?" Celestial King explained.
"Yeah" Natsu grinned standing up and he got ready into his fighting stance. The first warrior soon enough showed himself dressed in black and a masked face.
"Begin" Celestial king called and instantly the masked warrior disappeared only to reappear behind Natsu making him dodge out of the way unless he wanted to be cut but the warrior just followed swinging his blade again.
'Damn he is fast' Natsu thought as he was forced to dodge and think at the same time. Turning he managed to get a blow to the masked warriors stomach before he once again used his speed and was back from Natsu, a big mistake.
"Fire dragon roar" Natsu roared and fire came out of his mouth straight towards the masked man that but his blade was up and it parted the fight but it didn't give him time to dodge as Natsu struck out with a punch straight to the jaw sending the fighter back a little. Even though Natsu had landed a hit the fighter got up again and headed straight for Natsu but this time Natsu was ready and caught the sword between his hands. When the sword was in his hands Natsu focused his main fire straight to the sword melting it almost instantly into nothing making the fight who's main weapon and fight focus was swords defenseless.
"Now it's my turn" Natsu grinned, cracking his knuckles and smirking as he turned and hit the fighter straight in the face, his fire on his elbow giving him more speed and strength behind the punch leaving the fight on the ground knocked out.

"Well done, that is one fighter down now for the next one," the Celestial king said and the body of the fighter disappeared making Natsu stand on edge only to turn and jump as a chunk of earth flew towards him.
"Earth make: Fire dragon" the second fighter, who used earth make magic, called.
"Fire dragon fist" Natsu said, meeting the earth straight on crumbling in.
"You're in my way I don't have time for you but seeing as I had no choice then I will make this quick Lucy needs me" Natsu growled before turning and dodging the earth attack but he wasn't prepared for the second attack so when the fist of earth hit Natsu's stomach he coughed and also lost his breath.
"Damn" Natsu gasped before getting up knowing the hit would leave a bruise but he recovered and soon started throwing fire at the earth user. Before both fighters knew it they had given up on using their magic and had started a hand to hand combat fight instead trading blow for blow but soon enough Natsu used his famous fire dragon roar knocking the second fighter down and hurt a little but not too much.

"Hm half a day has passed already that means a day in the real world has already finished....Luce just hold on I know I can get thru this and then I will be back at your side" Natsu promised before turning to face his third opponiate.
"Water make: Nebula" the water make mage yelled, sending the tunnel of swirling water straight at Natsu who managed to dodge it.
"My fire won't work on water but if I manage to use enough heat then I can turn the water into steam, that will give me an advantage with my dragon slayer smell and hearing while the third fighter will be blind and unable to see me. If I catch them off guard then it should be fine" Natsu planned to himself and started to heat his hands up with his fire magic.
"Water make: blast" the third fighter said and a blast of water went for Natsu but he put his hands up now that they were heated as soon as the water hit them it sent Natsu flying back but also cooled his hands down making Natsu curse.
"Damn need it to be hotter for now I will have to just dodge around, see if I can manage to get closer to the guy" Natsu cursed to himself and once again started to heat his hands up. Most of the people in fairy tail thought that Natsu ran head first into battles which in a way was true because he did but the thing about Natsu is that he thinks on the go. The more time he fights, the more time he has to come up with a plan so with him having to dodge around the water his brain starts to kick in.
"Water make: waterfall" the third fighter called out
 "Fire dragon roar" Natsu yelled, sending his roar straight at the water and like he had thought, as soon as the fire hit the water it was turned into a mass of steam. After that it was quite easy for Natsu to sneak up on the third fighter and knock him out.