2 | Epilogue

After the battle, Bumblebee and the rest of the Autobots escorted us humans to a more populated area, allowing Lennox to call for aid in getting out of Egypt.

It just so happened that a naval ship was just off the coast of Jordan, and could take us back to the US. So the Autobots were loaded onto the ship, and the humans settled in for a short trip home.

The sun was close to beginning its descent when I came back from using the barracks bathroom below deck, having had a shower and cleaned up a little bit.

As soon as I stepped foot onto the deck of the military ship, I spotted Sam standing at the front of the ship, Optimus beside him. Ironhide, Ratchet and Sideswipe were all in their altmodes, taking a quick recharge.

The ship was moving smoothly, barely any rocking to its movement through the water. Bee was sitting to the side of the deck of the ship and perked up on seeing me. I smiled, waving as I approached him.

"How're you doing Bee? No injuries?" He shook his helm, standing up on the ship's deck. "I'm okay, princess." It was a relief, knowing that everyone was okay, including the Autobots.

"I'm just going to talk to Sam, but I'll be back, okay?" Bee nodded, and I could feel his optics on my back as I walked towards the front of the ship's deck.

It was trippy, seeing the water rush by beneath us, yet feel sturdy, and have perfect balance. "Hey, Rose." Sam was tired, I could tell. And I was too. We may not have fought otherworldly beings, but war was tiring, no matter the part you played.

"Thank you, Rose, for saving my life," Optimus spoke with his normal gravelly voice, but there was a tinge of what sounded like gratitude. This caused yet another smile, one I shared with Sam.

"You're welcome Optimus. And thanks," I replied, watching the sun sink lower in the sky. Optimus looked down at me, a frown now set upon his faceplate. "For what, may I ask?" I leaned against Sam, taking in a breath of salty sea air.

Releasing it slowly, I tucked one hand into the pocket of my jeans that I'd borrowed from one of the female officers. "For believing in me."

~*~

And that's a wrap! Loving Slow is officially over, people. Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments, and the reads + votes! It means a lot to me that people enjoy my writing. The sequel to the sequel is called Starry Skies! See you there! ❤️