6 | 08 [BEE]

I can't believe Rose actually thinks Barricade loves her. He's just doing this to get back at me. It was a little embarrassing, texting Rose while I was drunk. But I think my sober texts were what got her attention.

I'd pulled over on the highway in order to text her, but after I'd sent the paragraph vaguely explaining our past, I was left on read. Maybe she'd deleted my contact and blocked my number.

Who knows. I guess I'd just have to hope something else happened, and I wasn't completely cut off. If she could just tell me where she was, I could help her. I needed to get her away from Barricade.

She kept calling him Cade as if he was human. And she mentioned a car crash and a coma. He had her under his thumb. She thought he was her fiancé. That he was a regular human named Cade and not a manipulative Decepticon intent on destroying me through her. (That originally said bitchass Decepticon. Thought y'all should know that)

As I put my phone away in the glovebox of my altmode, I rejoined the traffic heading to Washington DC. If I wanted to take down Santos and get the password for tracking Decepticons, then I'd have to move fast. He could move his hideout at any point, and then my lead would go cold.

| | |

After driving for a solid eight hours, I made it to Brookland. It was a nice neighbourhood, save for the factory outlets lining the northern border of the suburbs.

One of the warehouses must have belonged to the TRF. Harvison mentioned it was an old outpost. It may have a logo to help me identify it, but if they were smart, I'd have to find another way to identify the right warehouse.

After one pass along the line of warehouses, I found no signs that would lead to the warehouse. It was also around five in the afternoon, so traffic was starting to get annoying.

Just when I pulled over to wait for rush hour to end, a signalling beep grabs my attention.

Hello? Sorry about earlier, the phone died and I couldn't find a charger. I'm not about to share my life story with you, I just want to know the truth.
Sent at 5:26 pm

Rose had finally replied. I still had a chance. Engaging my holoform, I grabbed my phone from the glovebox, already forming a reply in my processor.

That's okay. I want you to know the truth too. Where do you want me to start?
Sent at 5:28 pm

The bubble animation for replying played, and I anxiously waited for her reply. What if she didn't want to know more? What if she only wanted to know who I was, and would rather stay with Barricade??

From the beginning.
Sent at 5:29 pm

Oh. That would be a long story.

Are you sure I can't just call you? It's a long story.
Sent at 5:30 pm

There was a long period where she didn't reply. The longer I waited, the more nervous I became, the feeling eating away at my circuits.

Fine. I had to get Cade out of the house to go shopping. You can call me now.Sent at 5:36 pm

Excitedly, I pressed the home button and immediately selected the contacts app. I had to take it slow. But I was too damn excited to take it slow right now. As I called her phone, it rang twice before she picked up.

"Hi." She sounded almost shy. "I've only got twenty minutes or so. Have you got time to tell me the main parts of the story?"

I smiled as I got comfortable, leaning against the window of my altmode. "For you, I have all the time in the world, princess."