4 | 07

"Are you always this quiet?" Bee murmured, voice almost disappearing because of the water thrumming against his back. I couldn't say anything, my heart was beating too loudly for me to focus on anything else. I didn't even realise I was crying until my eyes stung from the steam created by the hot water. With no way to disguise my shaking, Bee moved back with a frown on his face. "Why are you crying? Did I do something?? Please don't cry-" He immediately pulled me into a hug, engulfing my smaller frame with his long arms.

Now that I could hide my face, I let my emotions go for a moment, crying into Bee's chest. It couldn't have been that pleasant for Bee, but he continued to hold me, using one hand to smooth down my previously cleaned hair.

"It's okay princess..." My tears dissolved into quiet shaking, the longer Bee held me. He was quite content to have me clinging onto him. Just seconds after I made my resolve to confess why I'd gotten so upset, Bee made me laugh. "I'll admit, this isn't what I imagined when I thought about having your nails digging into my back." I quickly dropped my hands, a gentle laughter bubbling its way past my lips. "You're such an ass. Are you done trying to initiate shower sex?" Bee pulled a thoughtful look, causing me to shove against his chest. He laughed quietly, leaving a very wanton kiss against my lips before disengaging his holoform.

I was happy to finally finish in the shower, changing back into my dirty and very dusty clothes. As soon as I vacated the bathroom, I spotted Bee's holoform back in his normal clothes sitting next to Cade. I made my way over, sitting down next to him. He just smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Without an explanation for Cade, I punched Bee's shoulder. He whined but didn't say anything about it. Tessa and Shane had gone out a while ago to pick up supplies from a nearby gas station, which left only Cade and I, as well as the Autobots outside the motel room.

They were parked up along the roadside, attempting to not draw attention. It wasn't working too well since we'd already had someone take time out of their evening to examine Optimus. Cade had to fake that he owned the truck and was just stopped for the night since they were on their way to pick up a delivery in Iowa. It worked, and Optimus didn't say anything to Cade, but I knew he was at least thankful for Cade covering up for him. I didn't even realise that Cade was staring at us until Bee cleared his throat, bringing it to my attention. "Can I help you, Cade?" He was across the room, sitting on the other bed.

"That- That is Bumblebee, right?" I could tell Bee was getting a little annoyed by Cade's staring as he shifted on the edge of the bed, glaring away to the back of the room. "Yes, Cade, this is Bee. It's a holoform." I was imploring Cade not to say anything rude, but apparently, he missed the mental memo. "Don't you think it's a little weird? Being in a relationship with a Transformer?" Before I could defend Bee, his holoform disappeared from sight. My shoulder felt less heavy without Bee's arm around it, and I was quick to glare at Cade. "What is your problem? You're already unhappy with Tessa and Shane, why do you feel the need to come after my relationship?"

I was about to leave the motel room when Cade grabbed my arm, holding me back. "I just want to keep you safe! He could easily hurt you." I was angry enough that I was able to rip my arm out of his hold. "Bee would never hurt me. I've known him much longer than I've known you, and I know he would never even think about hurting me." Giving him no chance to apologise, I left the motel room and headed across the parking lot. Only Crosshairs was parked directly outside the room since he was the most 'normal' car in the fleet. Bee was a collectors muscle car, Optimus was a giant truck, Hound was a military vehicle, and Drift was a million dollar Bugatti. You could see our reasoning.

I could see Bee parked across the road, Drift directly behind him. Optimus was a block away with Hound, the two of them keeping an eye out for Decepticons or military forces. Stopping to check for any cars, I ran across the road to the other sidewalk. Bee was completely silent, his altmode looking like a normal muscle car at this point. "Bee?" I knew he wasn't mad at me, but I still approached carefully, being as calming as I could. "You know Cade didn't mean it." To anyone watching, it must look strange that I was talking to a car. Hopefully, no one was watching me. Bee must be sulking because he didn't make a sound as he opened his door for me.