6 | 03 [ROSE] 16+

Cade continued to talk about his past until the water got cold. When he saw me shivering, he offered to grab me a towel. I'd accepted because getting out of the cold water and having to walk to the cupboard would literally cause me to freeze to death.

Well, maybe not literally. But it felt like it. "Here you go baby," Cade handed me the towel as I stood, allowing me to cover myself and step out of the bath.

During my bath, he'd laid out clothes for me on the vanity, and he shot me a small smile as he headed for our bedroom to leave me in peace.

The clothes consisted of a loose pair of shorts, underwear, and a t-shirt. Which smelt like it had come from his drawer. Gosh, he really had a thing for me wearing his clothes.

Just the thought of him being attracted to me in his clothing made butterflies swarm in my stomach. Over the course of the few weeks I'd been here, in his gorgeous house with him, we had yet to be intimate.

Sure, we cuddled after I had a nightmare, but other than that, it was just hand-holding and kisses. Nothing more. And I was getting a teensy bit frustrated by it.

As I left the bathroom clothed, hair still damp, I made it my mission to find Cade. He was likely in his office, or the garage, working on his Mustang.

He was very fond of that car. I liked it too if I was being honest. The growling engine was hard to resist. I passed by the dagger of mine resting on the kitchen bench.

It glinted in the light, balancing perfectly on the marble surface. I had yet to put it to actual use. Right now it was just a decorative piece.

I checked the garage first. His Mustang sat dormant, but Cade was nowhere to be seen. I briefly wandered around his Mustang, drawing my fingers over the sharp points extending from the spoiler, and sliding my hands over the glossy paint.

It was beautiful indeed. "Rose," Cade's voice sounded from the doorway, causing me to jump. He stood there in the same attire as before, though his face was redder.

"What are you doing in here?" He questioned me gently, gesturing for me to come away from his Mustang. I did as he said, walking towards him.

"I was looking for you but I stopped to look at your Mustang. It's actually a super sexy car." Cade let out a short breath, chuckling at my response.

"I'm well aware. But you shouldn't mess around with it, it's not a toy. Now come on, shoo." He smacked my ass lightly as I left the garage, a squeal escaping me from the contact.

With my left ass cheek stinging, I turned around with a playful glare. "Well if I can't play with your car, what am I gonna play with?"

Cade shut the garage door, a smirk playing on his lips at my teasing. "You're not a child, Rose. Far from it." As his eyes roamed my figure, it wasn't hard to deduce what he meant.

"And what do adults do when they both love each other very much?" I leaned in slightly as I asked the question, my cheeks burning hot.

Cade was in a similar position, though he'd chosen to cover his crotch with his hands. "Fuck on the kitchen counter?" He responded, drawing an ugly snort of laughter from me.

"You're disgusting, that's where we eat! No way, pick again."

He hummed to himself before speaking again. "How about I just show you how much I adore you in our very own bedroom, huh?"

I didn't have time to respond as he scooped me up, carrying me over his shoulder. "Sounds good to me!" I giggled, gasping as he smacked my ass again.

"I'm glad you agree." He headed for the stairs, and my bouncy journey ended as I was gently dropped on our bed. Cade had stepped back and was now tearing off his grey t-shirt with vigour.