3 | 2.11

It was a relief to take a breather. Bee was happy to let me rest on him, but it gave me a fright when his holoform crept up on me. It made me jump, which only caused Bee to laugh. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He joined me in sitting on his hood, surveying the scene around us. Soon enough I had cuddled up to his side since I just couldn't help myself. "I really did miss you, Bee. God, I thought you'd died," I mumbled, head tucked into the crook of Bee's neck. "Sorry about that. Oh, and by the way,"

Bee reached into his pocket, pulling out a small matte black object. "My ring!" I held out my hand, letting him slide it onto my ring finger. "Hey! No getting engaged until we defeat the Decepticons!" Sam called out, but I could tell he was joking. Several of the soldiers around him whistled in appreciation, Epps hushing them within seconds. "What does 'engaged' mean? As in, engaged in a fight?" Bee whispered, confused about the meaning of the word. "Aw, Bee." He was so cute. All confused about human traditions and ways of life.

"Engaged means you're to be married to that person." Bee just cocked his head. "What's marriage?" I let out a gentle sigh, moving my head back from Bee's neck. "Marriage is a sort of bond between two people. It's a human tradition that binds two people in eternal love. Like my parents have been married for a good twenty years." Bee then looked at me with the most innocent look. "Can I marry you?" I gave a nervous laugh, mainly because I wasn't ever expecting to get married, let alone to my car. "I-Um-"

I spotted Sam talking with Epps, and quickly ran over to him. "Sam, hey-" I grabbed my brother, who quickly became concerned. "What's wrong? Did you spot a Decepticon??" Shaking my head, I held onto his arm. "No, I just-" I bit my lip, trying not to look back at Bee, for fear he might be a little hurt by my sudden departure. "I think Bee just asked me to marry him." And before I could shush him, Sam shrieked, grabbing the attention of all the surrounding soldiers and Autobots. "WHAT?!" I covered Sam's mouth with my hand, glaring at him. "What the hell is wrong with you??"

My brother's eyes just bugged out, and I eventually removed my hand once he'd calmed down. "What do you mean?? Like he proposed to you??" I shrugged, which only infuriated Sam. "Rose, you can't just shrug- this is important!" Our little discussion was interrupted by Bee as his holoform strode over. "Is everything okay? Did I say something?" The both of us hurried to deny that it was his fault. "What? No! Of course not-" Sam looked like he was about to explode, so I pulled Bee away, back to his altmode. "Sorry about that. I was just asking Sam a very important question."

Bee frowned a little, reaching out for my hand. "I didn't mean to cause any trouble." I let him hold my hand, squeezing it for reassurance. "You didn't cause any trouble. I was just asking Sam about... what I should do." When Bee stayed silent, waiting for me to explain myself, I let out a frustrated groan. "Marriage isn't exactly... easy. It usually comes later in life, plus we're different species, and in the middle of an extraterrestrial war." After a moment, Bee nodded. "You make a fair point. I suppose your ring will have to suffice as my expression of love."

He brought my hand up, kissing my knuckles just above my ring. "I may not be able to marry you yet, Rose, but I will one day. When this is all over." I could only smile at Bee, unable to say anything. He was undeniably sweet. The sound of a truck engine dragged my attention from Bee and towards the approaching semi, followed by a concept Corvette Stingray. Optimus transformed, pointing towards the road ahead of us. "There is a path we can take to avoid the Fighters. We must be careful, as Shockwave is defending the border of the city." Bee sighed softly, and before I could say goodbye, his holoform faded away.

"Humans, I suggest you ride with Autobots to prevent a convoy that could be spotted from afar." I looked towards where Sam was standing, next to Epps and a giant weapon that looked like an RPG. Most likely to be used to destroy the control pillar. My brother seemed to have the same idea. I hopped into Bee's altmode, Sam joining me seconds later. "Hey, I gotta ask, are you and Bee engaged now?" An ugly snort escaped me as I clicked my seatbelt into place. "Nah, I'm too young for that. Bee, are you ready to go?" My boyfriend started up his engine, revving it in response. "Alright. Let's go."