3 | 1.5

October

After our heart to heart, I'd kept up with my promise by making time for Bee every week. This was at least two hours of taking him out for a drive. It also gave us a chance to talk, which was refreshing, compared to the constant stress of university.

Bee had also apologized for not trusting me, which I appreciated. I was still planning on going to the stupid frat party, only because Sam suggested I make friends with some of the other students who were going.

Being social was not a strong point for me. So I was probably going to suffer in silence.

"Be careful, okay? I mean it!"

Sam was making sure that I took my phone, and he promised that I could call him at any time. Which was a relief, since I didn't know what was going to happen.

"I will, Sam. Relax a little bit, okay?"

It took him a moment, but he eventually nodded, mumbling to himself. I took that as my cue to leave before he started to lecture me again.

I got a few compliments as I made my way downstairs. I'd changed out of my usual casual clothes and into a pretty black dress. It was short, just above my knees, but it wasn't too short. Not enough to bother Bee anyway.

Bee was waiting for me in the parking lot, and his engine came to life as soon as I touched his door. I slid into his driver's seat, careful with my heels. "You look beautiful, princess." A TV presenter spoke through the radio, and I smiled at Bee's words, placing a hand on his steering wheel. "Thanks, Bee."

The Camaro pulled out of the parking lot, making its way across campus to the frat house where Logan and Harry lived with their frat buddies. The entire ride over, I was getting more and more nervous. It wasn't a dress-up party, but I still felt a little overdressed for the occasion.

"Bee, do you think I'm overdressed?" As we pulled into the street where the party was being held, I could already see students dressed somewhat scandalously making their way towards the brightly lit frat house.

There was a soft fizzling noise, and then Bee's holoform was sitting in the passenger's seat. "I'm sure you'll fit right in." He pulled over to the kerb, holoform looking at me with a smile. "Don't enjoy yourself too much."

I leaned over the centre console, stealing a kiss from Bee's holoform. "I'll try. See you later."

I left the Camaro behind as I walked up the short driveway of the frat house, butterflies already filling my stomach. This was my first real party, and by the state of the house, it was going to be a wild one.

Toilet paper draped the trees outside, piles of beer bottles by the stairs. "Rose! Hey girl!" I was surprised to find James waiting for me outside the house.

"Logan's got some sick beats going, and Harry brought heaps of booze." Not exactly my idea of a nice night out, but I guess that's what a party is, right? "Oh hey, you brought Witwicky!"

Oh great, the head honcho noticed me. "Hi, Logan." The blonde guy looked me up and down, which not only made me feel nervous but quite sick in my stomach as well. There was something about it that didn't feel right.

"You two come inside already! There's lots of alcohol to go around." I'd rather take a shot of hot sauce than get shitfaced at my first frat party.

| | |

"Have a beer, Rose." Since my arrival, James had been drinking more and more alcohol. I'd resorted to sitting down on the nearest clean surface, which happened to be the couch in the lounge. I shifted on the leather couch, tugging my dress down to cover more.